Kenyons Minions discussion

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (seenastarkbookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments **sigh**

I dont think I have come across a book that affected me this much. Hands down Dance with the Devil the best so far (4down and like 20 to go :)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 23 comments LOL! Yeah, That was one of my favorites for sure, but you have yet to reach your first Were-Hunter book. You will probably feel the same way over book number 6 Night Play, and to me the more books I read the better the story got!

message 3: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Same here Heather...just when I thought I read my favorite another one came along. They're all awesome reads with to die for characters.

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments I have to say that Zarek & Valerius & Vane still hold my top spots... there is also something I really liked about Wren & of course I always love Nick!

message 5: by Manda (new)

Manda | 4 comments I can't express how much I love Zarek! And how much I love Dance with the Devil. Dose anyone else see Zadist from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood as almost the same character, as I do?

message 6: by Seena Seena (new)

Seena Seena  (seenastarkbookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments well im reading the short short story Dark Hunter Christmas then its Wulfe.

I just want to read read read read read I need to read them all!! But i don't have enough hours in the day!

Does Nick get his own book?

Manda i agree Zsadist & Zarek are very similar.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments Nick will eventually get his own book, but from where you are in the series until you get current, we continue to follow Nick in the same way we follow Ash. he's alway there as part of the story, he just doesn't every truly take focus. Currently there is a new series called Chronicles of Nick (CON), which basically follows Nick from the time he starts working for Kryian forward. I heard contrasting things but I believe there will be between 10-13 books in that series and then we will get his story DH story.

Keep Reading, if you don't already, you'll grow to love Nick... I can't wait for his story...

message 8: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Zadist & Zarek could be related. They definitely share some qualities. I love em both.

message 9: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 84 comments Dance with the Devil is one of my favorites

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I definitely loved Zarek and Astrid's story. Save for the part that he got so mad that his powers blew out the lights in her cabin. I thought he had officially snapped and was going to hurt her. But he didn't and even made her hot cocoa. That was so sweet of him. And needless to say that moment when he was naked in her kitchen looking for food. Very NICE moment indeed there. And the fact that they were calling each other Princess and Prince charming. When both of them lived lives of not really being a princess or a prince to any one. Astrid also got extra brownie points in my book too when she gave Val a pick me up to God status and get back at Zarek too. Cause although Zarek has had his hard times in the past. I didn't think it was fair or right him to keep torturing Valerius like that.

message 11: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I loved Zarek's story too. Reminded me of Zadist a little.
Love me some Hunters....

message 12: by valee (new)

valee Zarek's book was definitely a fav of this series for me! I loved him, and he really did remind me of Zadist.

message 13: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments God knows how much I love Z so this Z easily captured my heart.

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 6 comments I just finished this book and loved it! It is definitely my favorite so far. When Zarek's life experiences came out I got tears in my eyes, it was just so terrible.

message 15: by valee (new)

valee This was definitely a very emotional read. Loved it!

message 16: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Samantha wrote: "I just finished this book and loved it! It is definitely my favorite so far. When Zarek's life experiences came out I got tears in my eyes, it was just so terrible."

I felt pretty badly for him as well when he was a human. But what really tore me up in the end was when Astrid was going home and they split up and had to go their separate ways. But the pain they felt was so deep. Was even a rather touching moment too for Ash to relax about his past enough to give Zarek a brief glimpse of what had happened to him. Kind of put some things in prospect for him from then on. Til the Valerius torture commenced that is, lol.

message 17: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Zarek was a fav of mine as well.

message 18: by Cf (last edited Nov 30, 2010 04:28PM) (new)

Cf Top 3 - Zarek, Valerius and Fang

I need to know what kind of offspring will Fang and Aimee have?

message 19: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (last edited Nov 30, 2010 06:16PM) (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Cf, I don't think we will find that out til later books. Same for the sex and powers of Ash's new baby and even what gender and name of Simi's niece or nephew.

message 20: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments really cool wolfbears! lol

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Rebecca (Bec) wrote: "really cool wolfbears! lol"

Or Brolfs as Simi likes to say. :)

message 22: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments LOL oh yeah!

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather | 23 comments Wow I haven't even thought about the Fang and Aimee offspring. That is very interesting. I hope they tell us what happens with that! Has anyone else read Fury's book? I loved it, but wish there were more to it. I am currently reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood and am on book 5. I hadn't realized the similarities of Zarek and Zsadist until I read this forum. They really could be brother!

message 24: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I read Fury's story. The jury is still out on my opinion about it. I've never read the Black Dagger series. But others have posted that Zarek and Zadist are so familar. Is that a really good series? I'm not too familar with J.R. Ward's style of writing save for one short story from another book I have.

message 25: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianejan3) | 93 comments @Dhfan4life
I love BDB! Yes, it's a really good series. Her writing is more... modern. She likes using slang and modern colloquialisms.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Just finished Dance With the Devil and Zarek is definitely my favorite Dark Hunter. Of course, I have quite a few books still to go so that might change. I can't wait for Valerius's book.

This was a fantastic read.
Zarek is the epitome of the tortured hero and his life experience is so sad and heart-wrenching - I was crying all over my Kindle in the scenes from his childhood.
I particularly enjoyed the way in which Astrid sees beyond his surface antagonism to the soft and caring heart beneath.

message 27: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yep Zarek is one of my fave's too. But mostly for the outlandish crap he says for sure, lol. He is such a hoot.

message 28: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I loved Zareks humour with Sasha.
"I don't want to hear about hygiene, from a guy who licks his own balls"... hilarious :)
Astrid is such a beautiful person, with a heart of gold. And she doen't take any crap! I think Z needs someone to draw the line for him. and she deffinately does that.
I couldn't believe that Z had been able to go out in sunlight, all that time. But Artemis just couldn't be bothered to tell him! AWFUL!

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments We are of the same mind Steph on all of what you said. That is definitely my favorite line for Zarek and I sooooooooooooo wanted to strangle Artemis for the whole issue about him and sunlight. I mean he could have offed himself from so much heat in that shack he was living in. But she wouldn't have cared in the least.

And ya know although I liked who Astrid was as a character. I kind of hoped that SK would have kept in the vein of Zarek liking a woman with a little more meat on her bones. As there was some mention of him being attracted to Sunshine a bit in Talon's book. And would have been nice to see that to have continued and not just have Bride be considered the more voluptous woman in the series.

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I agree. That Artemis is such a cow. I think she enjoyed having Zarek suffer in the heat. She is such a sadist.

message 31: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I see what your saying about Astrid Dhfan4life.
I liked in future books when Astrid keeps sending him back to the DH's to 'make friends'... so funny. And he has been a lot better since he's been with her.
I think Sasha is going to play a big part in Retribution, did I hear right? That would be good to see him again. I liked him in Z's book. But I think as a whole, he is going to be a bit of an idiot lol. Really grumpy and rude.
If I start on Artemis agian I will never stop lol.

message 32: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea see that is what I like about Astrid. I think too with her being friends with Ash before meeting Z helped her see him in a different way as well and knew not to give up on him as his judge and now as his wife. Not to mention what better way to level the playing field for them than when she gave Val some mojo to get back at Zarek too. Haha could you see it, Z trying to be all big and bad then suddenly his shoe laces gets tied together thanks to Val messing with him? lol. I know they never mentioned that but no doubt with those 2 I'm sure they had their fair share of moments like that before Astrid fully got Z to make peace with his brother.

I'm not sure how big a part Sasha will play. But it would be good to see him again. Although I hope that one guy Varyk, I believe isn't around again to keep picking at him about the past. That can of worms has come and gone and it wasn't really anything he could have done to change things.

I know what you mean. I get diarrehea of the mouth/fingers bitching about her, lol.

message 33: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) Yeah I can imagine they had a few moments like that. Zarek has a very warped sense of humour lol.
Remind me again who Varyk is? Can't remember him. I'm now re-reading Sin and Katra's book. So my info from the later books is a little rusty lol

message 34: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 3 comments please please can someone tell me what book will i see Zarek and Astrid again???!!! i love this couple! and i'm seriously having withdrawals!!! i didn't now if i could continue this series without my thoughts getting swayed by Zarek and Astrid!!! just barely pass the chapter 1 because of it >.< and i got all all excited when i saw they have kids that is written in the official website! OTL

message 35: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Well Zarek was in Seize Kiss of the Night, Seize the Night as was Astrid, Dream Warrior for a bit of Zarek towards the end I believe, and I think someone said he is coming back in Retribution a bit too. But I don't think we will see Astrid as much as she does have a job to do as both a mom and as a judge. So be pretty busy me thinks.

message 36: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 3 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Well Zarek was in Seize Kiss of the Night, Seize the Night as was Astrid, Dream Warrior for a bit of Zarek towards the end I believe, and I think someone said he is coming back in Retribution a bit..."

Were they both in Kiss of the night? i have a kindle and unfortunately turn out that they didn't have kiss of the night on kindle =( so i thought maybe i could skip that one first and read the next one while waiting for the paperback? but i didn't want to miss any news about Z and Astrid XD

and do you recall what book is said that Astrid is pregnant for their first child? i couldn't wait to read Z's reaction ^^

message 37: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And no, it was just Zarek in Kiss of the Night as he was doing some fighting with Talon and the others for Wulf's family. But he did say Astrid sent him to make friends with everyone. Beyond that she wasn't really mentioned.

It was Seize the Night towards the end when Astrid was convincing him to go to Valerius's wedding is pregnant with their son. But there was no real mention of his first reaction to her first being pregnant. He was coping with it rather well during that part of the story. So I don't think his first reaction was all that shocking or bad at all. Haven't checked the character pages in a while, but does it have posted they have another child? I know Amanda and Kyrian has two and everybody else had one so far. Save for Talon and Sunshine.

message 38: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Aug 24, 2011 06:03PM) (new)

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 351 comments Zarek and Valerius stories are my favorite D-H books and Vane and Wren are my favorite W-H books. They really moved me, I can't even count how many times I've read them.

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 351 comments Manda wrote: "I can't express how much I love Zarek! And how much I love Dance with the Devil. Dose anyone else see Zadist from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood as almost the same character, as I do?"

I TOTALLY AGREE, I LOVE ZADIST AND ZAREK !!!!

message 40: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) Zarek and Astrid were hilarious in Dream Warrior. Arguing about the baby's name. and Zarek 'needing HIS fluff fluff later' way too funny lol. Zarek and Zsadist... amazing!

message 41: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Aug 25, 2011 02:38PM) (new)

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 351 comments Steph wrote: "Zarek and Astrid were hilarious in Dream Warrior. Arguing about the baby's name. and Zarek 'needing HIS fluff fluff later' way too funny lol. Zarek and Zsadist... amazing!"

I love every time Zarek makes fun of his son's name Menecaeus "Bob" saying that souds like menstruation and his play dates with Vane and Brides son Trace. Cute !!!!

message 42: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea Astrid should compromise and settle on Bob for him as they already have another child that has a greek name too. Which is actually normal sounding. So save that poor boy from spelling or saying all that when he grows up, haha.

message 43: by Camilya (new)

Camilya Collins | 1 comments If I have a boy I want to name him Zarek!!! He was hands down my favorite Dark Hunter.

message 44: by Aarati (new)

Aarati | 145 comments I loved the stories of Kyrian, Valerius, Vane and absolutely loved Acheron.

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) I just finished Dance with the Devil--loved it! A question kept occurring to me throughout and I can't find a discussion anywhere else in this group. Hope it's okay to ressurrect this topic so much later. It seemed like too much of a coincidence that The Little Prince was the fave book for both Astrid and Zarek. There was some mention that Acheron had given it Astrid as a gift when she was a child. So I wondered if maybe he did that on purpose to kind of guide or test their compatibility? Can't remember if he was the one who give it to Zarek too.