Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Please tell me we will not have to talk about Michael Jackson's death anniversary every year

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Because the death anniversary is ALL OVER THE NEWS and I don't like it. one bit.

Thoughts? Will Michael become a martyr/symbol to...what, exactly?

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I'm sorry that MJ died and had such a tragic life, but I for one do NOT want to hear any of that today. I just don't get it.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments We're doomed.

message 4: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments A martyr to bat-shit crazy freaks of nature across the planet and those who worship them.

It's never pretty when you die in a pool of your own puke but when I snap my fingers, move on.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments death has a way of giving you a shiny varnish that glosses over your imperfections

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments maybe it's that wax crap they use in the mortuary :)

message 7: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) impatiently waiting for the *snap of fingers*

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Barb (Lady of the Glass Box) wrote: "IMO: This is the kind of anniversary where it's appropriate to break out the champagne and celebrate.
I don't care if he had some hits 20 years ago, I don't think it's ok to be a sicko who never h..."

Oooo, Barb. Nicely done, Canuck!

message 9: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments To me, it seems like he died just recently. Maybe it's just the endless coverage,tributes, etc.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments has it been a year? i remember when it happened because i was on my motorcycle at a stop light and a guy in a car next to me who i did not know rolled his window down and said in a daze "michael jackson just died" and then rolled up the window and drove off. my first reaction was "if i turn left here i can stop by the ice cream place on the way home..."

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jun 28, 2010 08:37AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Doesn't this just make your sphincter clench?

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/28/ch...