Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > "Search your books" and result view

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Seth | 78 comments When I use the "search your books" feature, I'd really love to get the various editing views (review, list, edit, and maybe cover) as options. I'm trying to use this to help me clean up some authors which I entered badly before I understood the site well (there needs to be a better short tutorial for how to enter books in your library, much like the excellent short notes on the Combine Editions and Post Discussion Topic pages).

For example, say I'm trying to clean up my Terry Pratchett. That's a lot of books to look at and see which of several editions I want to keep and which I want moved to what shelves. If I do this on my Read shelf or the sf-f-m-h shelf I have to page in to page 2 to reach them from either direction; removing one takes me back to page one and I've lost my mental state with all of the page transitions.

If I search on Pratchett, I get what I want (and I can sort by title, whereas the shelf view doesn't have secondary sorting--so my copies of The Fifth Elephant are not together for comparison), but I can't remove or edit shelves from that view.

If I could get into Edit or Review view on my search results, I could handle this better.

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hey Seth,

Thanks for the great feedback! You definitely found a good usability problem, and we'll add fixing it to our todo list.

You must be a designer/engineer in real life - you've give us a ton of great feedback lately!

Otis