Urban Fantasy discussion

UF BOOK CHAT > Title of New UF Series??

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 28 comments I heard that was going to be a new UF series all planned out of 4 books (like the Fever Series), on which it was going to be released 2 or 3 months apart. But for the life of me, I can't remember the title or the author. Has anyone heard of it?

message 2: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 109 comments I haven't read the fever series, but I know Colleen Gleason (pen name Joss Ware) has a new UF series and the books are released very close together. I can't remember what the series is called though.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 109 comments It's called The Envy Chronicles, but I think there are 5 books. I guess it's supposed to be like Heroes crossed with I Am Legend, but heavier on the romance. The covers don't look too great, but I really love her Gardella Vampires series so I want to check them out.

If it's not this series, do you know the author or plot of this new series?

message 4: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 28 comments What's Gardella Vampires like? Similar to Chicagoland Vampires?

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 109 comments Not really (although I do like Chicagoland). Is is kind of like Buffy crossed with Pride & Prejudice. It's about Victoria, a girl born to a family of vampire slayers (the Gardella line). Unlike Buffy, there is more than one slayer, and the story starts as Victoria finds out about her legacy and right before her debut into society. There is romance and a bit of a love triangle (maybe even a square at one point) throughout the books.

message 6: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 28 comments Sounds OK. The historical stuff puts me off a bit though..

The Romance Reviews (Carole) (The_Romance_Reviews) | 8 comments I've read book 1 of the Envy series. Didn't grab me, sorry. But there's an overall arc to the series, so bettr to start with book 1.

Carole
The Romance Reviews