YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

The Hunger Games > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Book 1

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Waiting for Mockingjay! I turned two ladies onto this series and man oh man were they thanking me!

message 3: by May (new)

May (Evadne) | 5 comments Great book series and it had me hooked within the first few pages

Soph - Lock&Key | 39 comments cant wait for book three this is the best series

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i still haven't read it i am waiting for the third book so that i can read the series at once because i hear that the second book ends with quite a cliff hanger so i think i will wait but i am super excited to read it!

Soph - Lock&Key | 39 comments yes wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a horrible cliffhanger

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol so i have been told lol i am soooooooooooooo looking forward to reading it though!!

Soph - Lock&Key | 39 comments yes! You should be lol they are amazing

message 9: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

XD i cant wait!!! i have heard nothing but amazing things about this book!

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 41 comments So I started Hunger Games two days ago and actually it is really hard to put it down. I am sure, some maybe most of you guys did finish it within some hours but with my limited reading time I am really fast *LOL* The story just got me from the first page... So can't wait to continue with "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay"

message 11: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

just finished and i love it!!!!! omg it blew all of my fave books out of the water!!! it is my fave now! team Peeta!

Soph - Lock&Key | 39 comments Aiyanna wrote: "just finished and i love it!!!!! omg it blew all of my fave books out of the water!!! it is my fave now! team Peeta!"

hahaha I know it was sooooooooo amazing. If you like Peeta now just wait till you read catching fire!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Glad to hear that you liked it! This is a great series.

message 14: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i am reading Catching fire and am Half way through and love it! omg!

message 15: by Chelsi (new)

Chelsi | 4 comments I've sucked my husband into this series with me. It's been a lot of fun to listen to it together...we're just under 1/2 way through Catching Fire and are dying to finish it!

message 16: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

such a great series! I love it! i had a dream i was in a huger game last night it was scary yet thrilling i even had a Peeta! lol

message 17: by Ida Suyanto (new)

Ida Suyanto | 32 comments Aiyanna wrote: "such a great series! I love it! i had a dream i was in a huger game last night it was scary yet thrilling i even had a Peeta! lol"

OMG Aiyanna, you're so into it. I'm never have a dream about books I read.

I'm starting the first book and halfway through it. Can't wait to finish it and continue to Catching Fire. But I have to stop for a while because my neck was cramped and my eyes were blurry. LOL

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Sai wrote: "Aiyanna wrote: "such a great series! I love it! i had a dream i was in a huger game last night it was scary yet thrilling i even had a Peeta! lol"

OMG Aiyanna, you're so into it. I'm never have a..."

I know i get really into the books i read its not the first time i have dreamt about a book though i dream about them alot idk why but they make for fun dreams lol

message 19: by Nikki (last edited Nov 06, 2010 06:06AM) (new)

Nikki (nikkitysplitt) I just finished Hunger Games. I really enjoyed it. I read chapter 1, a day or two ago, and just hadnt had time to pick it back up until yesterday evening around 7. My poor children were so ignored and neglected. I couldn't put the book down, and stayed up way later than I normally do.

I will say this, had she left the last chapter out, it would have probably been a pretty good stand alone book in itself.

I enjoyed the idea of the whole story. I felt it was pretty darn original. I've never read anything with a Mad Max/Running Man theme to it, especially something that involves killing children so openly, although its easy to forget they are children, since they are all self sufficient. I thought Katniss was clueless many times, about interacting with other humans, Peeta especially. But, on the other hand, if Peeta was so brave as to tell her he's always loved her, than he should have made sure it "sunk in" correctly.

I wonder how Cato killed Thresh, and the others who were never talked about.

message 20: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i love this book i'm glad you liked it!!!! it is one of my favorites!! I love Peeta!!!

message 21: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkitysplitt) Yeah, I liked Peeta also, but I feel bad for him about his predicament. My friend is bringing me the next book Monday, so I'm excited to see how things play out.

I was sad about Rue.

message 22: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i know i cried when Rue died!! The books just have such a way of picking you up and pulling you into them

message 23: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkitysplitt) Im interested to see how the movie adaptation will play out.

message 24: by Carina (new)

Carina Read and completely fell in love with this book.(specially Peeta!) I havent been able to stop talking to my sisters about it, Im the bookworm in the family so they mostly brush me off. But I already got my younger sister hooked on VA, and got Vampire Academy as a Xmas present for my older sister, so it wont be long for her too.
Ok my point is, Im very stuborn when I believe a book is really really worth reading. So I wont give up until I get them hooked on Hunger Games too! lol
I cant wait to read CATCHINGFIRE but there are about 9 people infront of me =/

message 25: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) The Hunger Games rocks! Peeta <333

If I was you Carina I would just buy it LOL. I had to buy Mockingjay cause the library didn't have it >.<

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This series and Mortal Instruments are two that I had to own in print form (not ebook) so I could share them with others.

message 27: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm going to eventually buy the rest of both of those series. I have the last book to each of TMI and THG lol. If I can't get a book when I want it I'll buy it >.<

message 28: by Carina (new)

Carina Yup! this is a series that i want to own in print, not just in ebook for =)

message 29: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

for sure i bought all 3 because once i was 30 pages into HG i was like i cant wait so i ran out and bought the other 2 lol

message 30: by Carina (new)

Carina I've been eyeing the 3 book pack... I'll probably end up buying it after Xmas =)

message 31: by Joanna (last edited Dec 22, 2010 08:45PM) (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments hey look at this guys... there's a rumor that Hailee Steinfeld is in the running for the lead role in the screen adaptation of “The Hunger Games,” as Katniss Everdeen.
image: description

image: description

here are the reasons why...
http://thehungergamestrilogy.tumblr.c...

so what do you guys think? i kinda like her, because she's a fresh face in the industry. she might pull it off.

message 32: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) She could pull it off but she is only 14

message 33: by Carina (new)

Carina Ooooo I like her!! And its probably good that she's only 14 because by the time they film it and then the other 2 movies...we dont want her to look too old right ;D

message 34: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Carina wrote: "Ooooo I like her!! And its probably good that she's only 14 because by the time they film it and then the other 2 movies...we dont want her to look too old right ;D"

True!

message 35: by Timmysparks (new)

Timmysparks | 1637 comments I love her! She's the perfect picture i had for Katniss.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) She's not bad. Better than 90% of the fancasting looks. At least she's not a palefaced, light haired girl...

message 37: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments you should check out her new movie this christmas. True Grit! :)
i really think she should play Katniss. :) *fingers crossed*

message 38: by Carina (new)

Carina I'll be watching True Grit for sure now, it was filmed here in NM =)

message 39: by ari ♥ (new)

ari ♥ (arianara) | 323 comments Can't they hurry up and make the movie already, oh and make it GOOD! :p

message 40: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) Are the books good?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Hunger Games?

This is a must read trilogy. I can't think of many books I'd even count as a must read, even the ones that I really like. This is one of them.

message 42: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) Well, I'll get them as soon as I can make a trip to the library.

message 43: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments Jacquel Chrissy Pattinson wrote: "Well, I'll get them as soon as I can make a trip to the library."

you really should. It's one of the BEST series I've ever read so far. :) really amazing concept and characters. :) the movie will be so awesome! let's just hope they will do justice with it.

message 44: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) I hope so.

message 45: by Carina (new)

Carina MUST READ...Agreed =)

message 46: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Definitely an amazing series

message 47: by Carina (new)

Carina Ooooh I got a gift card for christmas and now I know what Im getting!
The 3 book box set of Hunger Games!!!!

message 48: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Awesome! I have to but them all one day..

message 49: by Carina (new)

Carina Im still like 9 people behind in the library so I better just get them all ;)

message 50: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments @Carina WOW! i want too! lol. i'm saving up for it.

« previous 1