YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Graceling > Graceling

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
book 1

Erica (storybookend) | 14 comments I absolutely love Graceling! It's one of my favorite books ever! It's original and intriguing. I love the world she made up and the characters, especially Po. And I love Cashore's writing. It's really unique, but captivating.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Love this book, particularly Katsa's development in understanding what exactly her Grace is. Think it's quite representative of what some people have to face in life, constantly being told one thing about themselves and just having to find that someone that helps you see yourself in a different light :) And I love Po!

message 4: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I just bought this book! i cant wait to read it!

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn  (katl2e) I was so eager to read this book, and maybe that's why I just didn't love it as much.
The start was good, even thrilling but
by the end of the book, I felt like someone was dragging me to the finish. Not too bad so I'd stop reading but it was hard enough. I haven't even bought the second book..... =(

message 6: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

really???

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn  (katl2e) I wouldn't wanna be the one to bring you down from reading a book... since it's not THAT bad.
It's actually really good till half way.
just don't let your expectation rise too high. =)

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

bummer!!! it said it was as good as Twilight. is it??

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn  (katl2e) ummmmmmm......... it's difficult to say.
personally I hated the last book of twilight so in a way, I guess it's smilar... =/
But really, most people seem to like it, maybe you should try it nontheless. ;-)

message 10: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

: ) i will i hope it is good :/

Erica (storybookend) | 14 comments Well, I would say it's a lot better than Twilight. Twilight's good, but I prefer the type of fantastical made up world like in Graceling and Fire. I honestly don't understand why people don't like Graceling, but everybody has their different opinions and likes. I'd say read it, and form your own opinion. And I hope you do like it, it's one my favorite books ever!

message 12: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I will read it

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Kathryn (mostly). It was hard to get into, and I felt all the action happened too quickly, and then it was boring for a bunch of pages untill something else happened. However, I have recommended that one of my friends read it and they loves it, so I guess it depends on what type of book you like. I didn't like it because I don't really like books about 'finding yourself'.

message 14: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Ahhh i think i will like it then from what i have heard it is like Twilight meets Vampire Academy is that true?

message 15: by May (last edited Jul 16, 2010 07:08PM) (new)

May (Evadne) | 5 comments Love this book, it's interesting, and has it's own twist in a way, it was just great. Though I haven't gotten around to reading Fire yet.

message 16: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn  (katl2e) hmmm.... I don't see much connection there.
Graceling is pretty unique.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never read Vampire Academy (It's on my list so don't complain) But I don't see how it's like twilight really.

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Eme *Yes my last name is Rhapsody. Get over it!* wrote: "I've never read Vampire Academy (It's on my list so don't complain) But I don't see how it's like twilight really."

*GASP* you must read Vampire Academy!!! it is A-MAZE-ING!!!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

that's what everyone says, and it's on my list, but I don't have time right now

message 20: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

oh you will love it!!!!!

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 7 comments This is one of my all time favorite YA books. I thought the plot and the character development were exceptional and couldn't wait for the second book, which was really a companion novel with only one shared character. Personally, I liked Fire, the companion novel even better than Graceling.

message 22: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Hmmm really? i have not read either but have bought them both i did not know that fire was a companion novel were they good what did you like about them?

message 23: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Aiyanna wrote: "Hmmm really? i have not read either but have bought them both i did not know that fire was a companion novel were they good what did you like about them?"

Graceling was a good follow up to MJ because I swear, its MC's reminded me of S. Collin's characters.
Of course not through out the book, just at some key moments. (Love Po!)

Have you read Fire? If you haven't, you definitely should. Its a prequel to Graceling and introduces young Leck...

message 24: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

sooo should i read Graceling or Fire first??

message 25: by Micah (new)

Micah (micpegu) Katniss should have know Po had a certain advantage.

message 26: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Aiyanna wrote: "sooo should i read Graceling or Fire first??"

wow what a late reply.. but here' my two cents anyway.. go Graceling first.. its better than Fire..

message 27: by Carina (new)

Carina Wow I didnt know there was a disscussion for this series!
Personally I LOVED this book, loved the story, the characters (specially Po and Katsa), The action, the adventure, the graces, well pretty much everything.
The ending was so sad and happy at the same time...I cant wait to read the next one!

message 28: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments i'm halfway through Graceling,and i absolutely LOVE it,one of the best books ever

message 29: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

right!! sooo good!

message 30: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Dora610 wrote: "i'm halfway through Graceling,and i absolutely LOVE it,one of the best books ever"

I love love love Po!

message 31: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 75 comments just started this book today so I am not very far yet have heard alot about it amd I am excited to keep reading.

message 32: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Been ages since I read this; It's so good!

Po <3

message 33: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments i read it!!!katsa is an amzing main character,best after rose.i ♥ po

message 34: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Dora610 wrote: "i read it!!!katsa is an amzing main character,best after rose.i ♥ po"

Totally! Strong heroines FTW

message 35: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments yup!!

message 36: by Carina (new)

Carina I feel the same way! Katsa is awesome!

message 37: by Déa (new)

Déa Solin I just got an arc of this book in Swedish, really looking forward to reading it!

message 38: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 76 comments I got this book two years ago. i still love it ^^

message 39: by Timmysparks (new)

Timmysparks | 1637 comments This is one of my favorite books of all time. (And its really hard for me to pick a fave book).
I felt like getting up and cheering for Katsa when she was talking Bitterblue away and they were suffering the cold. My heart was so full of love for her and Po. It was such a great story. Po was so great. He really understood Katsa and he was a great friend to her. I loved Cashore. The books in the series are really great!

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments Graceling is actually one of my favorite books EVER. it is so good. i love Cashores writing, the characters, the plot, the romance, the action, the ending, the beginning, the middle, everything. i love it so much.

and for those of you who havent read it yet, Fire is just as good, in my opinion.

message 41: by Carina (new)

Carina I love Graceling too Lauren! I've been hesitating on reading Fire cause I've heard its not as good, but I think I'll give it a try soon now =)

message 42: by Timmysparks (new)

Timmysparks | 1637 comments Carina wrote: "I love Graceling too Lauren! I've been hesitating on reading Fire cause I've heard its not as good, but I think I'll give it a try soon now =)"

Fire is so, so good! You'll love it. Its more mature than Graceling and the characters are more grown-up. You'll love Brigan. He's on of the best male characters ever.

message 43: by Darion (new)

Darion | 4 comments i just read this and i LOVed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG am obssed with this seies read it like 10 billion times can't wait for bitterblue! sorry to say but i way prefer po to brigan... it the eyes that do it for me! lol