YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

FALLEN > Torment

Comments Showing 1-50 of 226 (226 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
book two in the series what do you think will happen??

message 2: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments **spoilers** DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK. ADVANCED READERS COPY OF TORMENT.

yeah i just read the arc of this..... did not like the ending. her taking off seemed out of character. and even though theres a new love interest (miles), im still team cam. aaaaaand i dont get how luce can lose faith in her man in a mere 18 days. although, finding out daniel had "in between" girls (i.e. shelby even though she seems cool), when luce was m.i.a in between reincarnations is a valid reason to be mad since she never gets to be with any one else in her lifetimes. daniels an idiot. is it really so hard to just lay it all out there? not telling the truth is just as bad as lying. i like miles but i dont think hes anything special. hes more like the friend you dont want to lose but likes you as more than a friend and while there may be some feeling there, its not enough. she doesnt trust cam at all in this one but i still like him best.

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Did you like it or were you disappointed?

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Wow, I had such a hard time reading the first one and now after reading the spoiler, I wonder if I should just let it go..

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol i remember that. I hope its good!

message 6: by Looksie (last edited Jul 12, 2010 01:49PM) (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments its one of those books where i dont know how i felt about it. i liked the first book better. buuuuuuuuuuut since im all about "sharing is caring," i would have no problem passing this book along.... sisterhood of the traveling pants style. lol. and no, i dont think id care if i ever got it back. my shelf is pretty full and im having to only display my favs. so if some one wants me to send this book to them i would. or aiyanna since this is like your group page, you could do a contest for some of those who are dying to read it. whatevers clever. doesnt seem like too many people read fallen though.

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (last edited Jul 12, 2010 03:11PM) (new)

Thank you for the offer that is very sweet of you. we could add it to the prize for the writing contest i was going to get like a gift cars to a book store or a book off the winners "to-read" list or something. but we could add it in addition to that

message 8: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments sure. just send me an address to send it to.

message 9: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay i will thank you soo much this is really very sweet of you

message 10: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments ok ill still try to donate this book but only if i ever get it back from my friend chelsea so i guess its not a guarantee til i have it in my possession again. just lettin ya know.

Life is hard and then u die *Smiley* (greenpurpleblackmaggie) | 142 comments I cant wait for Torment!

message 12: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

same here i hope it is good!

message 14: by Carina (new)

Carina I bought this book together with HushHush and read HH first. Ofcourse I loved HH! Its one of my all time favs, so I thought Fallen was gonna be the same but I had a really hard time getting through the story.

I mean i dont mind reading long books but this one felt like it could go on forever and thenthe last third when soo quick!
Torment is supposed to be about the 18 days shes in that new school right??
I just hope its better than Fallen, dont get me wrong cause i liked Fallen but compared to havin just read HH not so much.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I really hope that Torment is better than Fallen. Fallen was like "boring chapter...angsty chapter...boring chapter...angsty chapter," then "omg these last few chapters are great!"

If Torment can pick up with the momentum of the last few chapters of Fallen, then it will be a really good book. Here's hoping!

message 16: by Carina (new)

Carina Well i guess we'll find out really soon cause its only 6 days away! (eekk!)
To hopping it is Stacia!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I can't hop for that long!

message 18: by Carina (new)

Carina lol!

message 19: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i agree i liked the book but it was a bit of a push to read it and then the end was great! i hope Torment is more exciting but i have found that when the first book was slow the second tends to pick up the pace so fingers crossed

message 20: by Carina (new)

Carina COUNT DOWN TO TORMENT: 5 days and counting!!

message 21: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi (joit) | 40 comments I don't like Fallen, thought it was okay. Is the second in series Torment, redeemed it?

message 22: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Carina wrote: "COUNT DOWN TO TORMENT: 5 days and counting!!"

yea!!!!! cant wait!!

message 23: by Carina (new)

Carina COUNT DOWN TO TORMENT: 4 days and counting (eekk!).

message 24: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

yaaaay!!! cant wait cant wait cant wait!

message 25: by Carina (new)

Carina I would count down the hours but that might get annoying lol!

*Mrs. Brightside* I read that spoiler, and now I don't know if I want to read it..she doesn't trust Cam? Darn. I'll see still.. I might wait till the third one comes out, and see what you guys think of thaaaat. Then I might start reading this series again!

message 27: by Carina (new)

Carina Thats why i didnt read the spoiler cause i dont wanna change my mind about readin Torment I just hope hope hope its good!

*Mrs. Brightside* Haha, I just wanted to know if she would be involved with Cam or something..I guess not): I really didn't like this series that much. Just, kind of boring /: Cam made it cool! But I might still read this book..just when the third one comes out.

message 29: by Carina (new)

Carina I'll make sure i post lots of updates when Im readin, Maybe that'll help =D

*Mrs. Brightside* Yay! Lol

message 31: by Carina (new)

Carina Lol

message 32: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

ill do the same im bummed she doesn't go for Cam he was soo awesome!

message 33: by Carina (new)

Carina Cam???? no no no no, shes destined to be with Daniel. I liked Cam but in the end he turns out to be an ass (pardon my language lol). But Im glad Torment is almost here!!

*Mrs. Brightside* He was..but Daniel is so-ugh! I just have to go for Cam!

message 35: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Same here got to love Cam Daniel was so wonder bread boring!

*Mrs. Brightside* Lol, something like that(: I was happy he was mysterious..but he didn't pull it off like most hot guys do. Eh, I don't know if Cam even has a chance now

message 37: by Carina (new)

Carina Ok I'll admit Daniel did bug me sometimes but Cam never really had a chance (as much as I wanted him to sometimes), but you guys read the spoiler so you probably know more than me. I'll just have to wait and find out lol!

*Mrs. Brightside* Haha, yeah..it wasn't really that much of a spoiler /: just explained some new dude, then said a sentence about Cam): yeah, Cam didn't. But I still hope..even though I really am doubting now.

message 39: by Carina (new)

Carina Its that time again!

COUNT DOWN TO TORMENT: 3 days and counting.

Sooooo close XD!!!

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Wait a minute, that soon?!?! OMG OMG OMG I'M SO STOKED!!!

message 41: by Carina (new)

Carina Yey!!!

message 42: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I cant believe it's sooo close i am bummed that Cam isnt a bigger contender :( i wanted him with Luce

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Is anyone else re-reading this before the new one comes out.. just to keep your memory fresh?

message 44: by Carina (new)

Carina I was going to but i read it alittle over a month ago so my memory is pretty fresh lol !

*Mrs. Brightside* Same here! Well, a few months ago..we'll hope for the best! Haha

message 46: by Carina (new)

Carina Happy sunday everyone! COUNT DOWN TO TORMENT: 2 Days and counting!!!

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 47 comments Cant wait!!!!! <3

message 48: by Carina (new)

Carina Oh man i cant believe it practically here! Tuesday tuesday tuesday!

message 49: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 47 comments i know!!!!!!!!! i cant wait!!!! :)

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I think I'm gonna pre-order this on my nook right now =]

« previous 1 3 4 5