What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Raggedy Ann & Andy book where they jump on clouds

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments I remember a book from my childhood in the 70s. I'm pretty sure it was Raggedy Ann and Andy. They jumped on the clouds. I think it was a collection of short stores, not just one story.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 21 comments There are a number of Raggedy Ann & Andy books, but the two main collections of stories are the originals, Raggedy Ann Stories and The Raggedy Andy Stories: The Very First Raggedy Andy Stories. I only have the first one, so I'm not sure if the story you are thinking of appears in the second. Raggedy Andy isn't a character in the "Raggedy Ann Stories" book.

I doubt this is what you are thinking of, but there is a story in the Raggedy Ann collection called "Raggedy Ann's New Sisters." There isn't any cloud jumping, but there is an illustration of another rag doll named Freddy being tossed around in the sea and air by fairies. I could see how in someone's memory it might resemble bouncing around on clouds.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments Thanks Emily. None of the books mention clouds, but the cover of How Raggedy Ann Got Her Candy Heart looks familiar. The owner Marcella and the rocking horse sound familiar too. I think I'm going to order that book and several others and see if any of them are the book I remember.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Laura, Please return and let us know. Hope one of those books is the book you are looking for.

message 5: by Tess (new)

Tess | 438 comments bump?

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5053 comments Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees They mention a balloon ride in this one (maybe they jump in the clouds?), according to Google Books

Cheryl struggles to catch up (cherylllr) I sent a PM to the OP. She is 'lightly' active on GR, so we can hope she'll check in.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments No, that is not it. I'm pretty sure Raggedy Ann, but the most vividly remembered part is the jumping on the clouds.

Cheryl struggles to catch up (cherylllr) bump for summer - come back in a couple of months to give it another one, ok?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39620 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments I never found the book.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Would you still like to find it? The best way is to bump your thread every so often (not more often than every 30 days). If you're not desperate to find it, you can bump it every 6 months or so just to let people know you're still interested.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments I would what does "bump your thread" mean?

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

You just leave a brief comment, like "bump." It elevates your thread to the top of the list.

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments Thanks, but no. The pictures were more modern....cartoony looking. She wasn't lost. She was having fun jumping on clouds.

message 17: by Tess (new)

Tess | 438 comments Maybe it was was a movie from 1947? It was just Raggedy Ann and a little blind girl. I remember at one point they jump on clouds in a magical imagination of what the blind girl's neighborhood is like.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_E...

Watch here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSVCShQ...

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments Thanks, but that doesn't look familiar.

message 19: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments I haven’t found it, but have pretty much given up.

message 21: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

We can leave threads open indefinitely, and there's no reason to give up as long as people keep joining the group and seeing your thread. However, if you have zero interest in finding the book, let us know and we can move this to Abandoned.