Write in 2014 discussion

Prompts > Last sentence

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 182 comments Mod
Write down the last sentence that you have written, of anything. If it's a story that you're in the middle of, great, that's preferred. It can be the last line that you wrote of a poem, or even a blog post or reply to a forum somewhere. And by last, I don't mean that it has to have concluded what you were writing. It could be in the middle of what you're writing, but you stopped writing in the middle of it. I suppose that "most recent line" might be better to describe what I mean.

Sometimes, seeing what other people have written and laughing might not give you inspiration, but it could give you the motivation to work on some story or other so that you can have your own last line!

message 2: by Veronica (new)

I'll go first:

"At least the bridesmaids and groomsmen understand, even if they are pretending to be excited and not notice that Demetri and I are getting married only because I got knocked up."

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) "But ifyou trust your instincts soon you will see, how agony can open every single mind"

message 4: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) ((ha ha this sounds fun!))

"You have remarkable powers, so report to me whenever someone powerful approaches my daughter."

message 5: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 6 comments “Mmmph,” he grunted, indicating that he didn't have a lot of energy either.

message 6: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 234 comments Max gave him another light hug, ruffling the other boy’s hair at the same time.
“I missed you too, Zane … I missed you too.”

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 672 comments "Well, this is a lovely little pity party." I spun around in shock at the unfamiliar voice.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) That's a nice thing to think . . . It’s too bad that I don’t believe it, but I don’t think it’s nice to tell her that.

message 9: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) He paused and ran his eyes across my body. “It’s amazing how much of a change you’ve made in two weeks.”

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 672 comments O_O

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 309 comments Mod
Of one thing he was certain ... life as they knew it would never be the same.

message 12: by Kritika (new)

Kritika (spidersilksnowflakes) | 465 comments As far as they knew, it was a dead zone destroyed by a meteor or an atomic bomb.

Haha so out of context!

message 13: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) I only barely heard his next words as he fell to his knees and stared at the screen in complete awe: "It's him."

message 14: by Ally (new)

Ally Urie-Ross (iwannaberyanross) | 68 comments I placed my head in the grass and dozed off, feeling a type of ecstasy coming over me.

message 15: by Veronica (new)

At that point, we began actually touching the trees, although for some reason we didn’t wear any gloves. I wish that we had, because it may have truly made all the difference.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Lee | 1 comments “It’s beautiful, but definitely not worth the pain.”

message 17: by Veronica (new)

"If a large amount of the exports decreased while imports may have increased, net exports also decreased, and along with them, GDP."

I'm working on econ, if you can't tell.

message 18: by David (new)

David Bock (davidbock) | 1 comments Deep down she tries real hard to be close with me, to be my best friend, where people exchange friendship bracelets like they do in the movies, though hers were made out of wound up paperclips and they hurt like hell.

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 672 comments I’ll be living in a concrete city in the shadow of the skyscrapers, but I will shine brighter than I ever have in this town of brothers who like to unmake sisters by cutting them open and letting their souls bleed out.

(From this, in case you're interested: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...)