Jane Austen discussion

Summer Movies 2010 > Schedule & Info

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (last edited Aug 05, 2010 06:02PM) (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
Hi, I have a schedule for our movie discussions. I plan to begin them in July and run through the first week of September.

The movie suggestions posted were great. I am so excited to watch and discuss them with everyone. Very much looking forward!

I narrowed them through a random drawing (and did sort of a primary drawing to narrow down first when a couple of you put in several selections). So the movie discussions were selected with this method with three exceptions:

Young Victoria - We already have a thread running that discusses this movie, so anyone interested, feel free to add to that discussion already going.

North & South; Master & Commander - In our current discussion of these books, we have already spoken of discussing the films, so those discussions will go ahead. Time of discussion will be at the discretion of those already participating in those book discussions, so stay tuned there if you are interested.

For the discussion of the list below, I will post a thread on each the dates and you can begin discussing as soon as you have had time to view the movie on that date or afterward. The discussion threads will stay up throughout the summer at least, in case you get behind on your viewing.

Movie Discussion Schedule
7/1 Bright Star
7/9 Elizabeth: The Golden Age
7/16 Cheri (2009)
7/23 Vanity Fair (2005)
7/30 Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
8/6 Marie Antoinette (2006)
8/13 A Knight's Tale
8/20 Gosford Park
8/27 Man in the Iron Mask (1998)
9/3 Little Dorritt (2009)

If any movie is listed as the wrong version, please let me know if you are the member who original suggested it and need to correct it.

Yeah! I'm ready to watch some good movies!

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy (joylnorth) Sounds like fun--great idea Sarah!

message 3: by Alicia (last edited Jun 22, 2010 10:27PM) (new)

Alicia Sarah wrote: "Hi, I have a schedule for our movie discussions.

For those of you who are Netflix members, Bright Star and Vanity Fair are available on Instant Viewing.

message 4: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 674 comments Mod
Ohhh, these are all great films--and I own most of them! XD

Can't wait to get started and hear what you all think!

message 5: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Thanks for the tip, Alicia, and I am excited too Rachel. I thought the list turned out well too for a drawing, but all the original suggestions were so good to start with actually. :)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (thatlibrarianlady) Oh this sounds great, Sarah! I'd really like to see most of the movies on this list and haven't gotten around to it yet.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Great list, Sarah! I am looking forward to the discussions, as some of these movies are favorites of mine, too!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Sarah, where is Master & Commander? Is that a side-movie movie?

message 9: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Hey J, I can't remember if I got a real answer or not, but Master & Commander the film is in it's own thread on our M&C book discussion. I proposed it but don't think got too many responses yet or an answer on time to discuss yet.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hey J, I can't remember if I got a real answer or not, but Master & Commander the film is in it's own thread on our M&C book discussion. I proposed it but don't think got too many responses yet or..."

Got it! :)

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim | 181 comments so excited =)