Q&A with Amanda Hocking discussion

Looking for a couple readers...

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Jun 21, 2010 07:07AM) (new)

Amanda Hocking (amanda_hocking) | 9 comments Mod
In a few weeks, I'm planning to release Switched - the first book in a trilogy unrelated to the My Blood Approves series I have out now.

It's still going some final edits and revisions, but that should be wrapping up soon.

I was wondering if a couple people would want to beta read it. I'm looking more for to get a general perspective on the story - i.e. plot, characters, themes, and less grammatical. However, if you are inclined to editing, I'd be happy to send you a word doc vs a PDF.

The description I have so far for Switched is: When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.

It's like Princess Diaries, but with a much harder edge and a paranormal slant.

So, let me know what you think, and if you'd be interested in reading it now... or you know, ever.

Jo * Smut-Dickted * (josmut-dickted) Yes I'd be very interested in reading it for you!

It sounds intriguing! I'm not too much for edits but I'd be happy to note them where I see them:)

Joellen

message 3: by Leigh Ann (new)

Leigh Ann (leighannflyingonsilverwings) | 2 comments I'd love to read it!! It sounds great! I'd be happy to help with editing too.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane (flidaisdail) | 3 comments I'd love to read it as well, if you need more volunteers!

MsBDiamondDiva1 | 3 comments I would love to read it, not to sure about the editing; but I would give it a try!!! :)

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Peres (midnightglance) | 2 comments Count me in!! you still have my address right??

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Thanks for the enthusiasm :)

I'm hoping to finish up edits by this weekend, and for all of you that are interested, I'll get them sent out to you.

I don't have any paperbacks yet cause I'm still working on the cover, so would PDF or word docs be okay with you?

Jo * Smut-Dickted * (josmut-dickted) PDF would be great!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Peres (midnightglance) | 2 comments Sounds good to me just got an reader so ill try adding it to it!! :)

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane (flidaisdail) | 3 comments PDF works fine for me also, I can convert for my kindle... woohoo!!

message 11: by Leigh Ann (new)

Leigh Ann (leighannflyingonsilverwings) | 2 comments I think I have an app that PDF will work with. Worst case I'll read it on my computer.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

The edits are done, so you're interested in reading it, message me with your email address, and I'll get it out to you. :)

Thanks you!!

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane (flidaisdail) | 3 comments Amanda wrote: "The edits are done, so you're interested in reading it, message me with your email address, and I'll get it out to you. :)

Thanks you!!"

smoothysmiles@yahoo.com = Diane
Very much looking forward to reading it!

message 14: by Waller (new)

Waller | 1 comments When is 'Torn' releasing?

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Waller wrote: "When is 'Torn' releasing?"

I haven't set a date yet, but sometime fall 2010. The third book in the trilogy will be out in 2011.

message 16: by MsBDiamondDiva1 (new)

MsBDiamondDiva1 | 3 comments You know I want to read it!!!

message 17: by Amanda (new)

MsBDiamondDiva1 wrote: "You know I want to read it!!!"

Did I send you a copy? Or do I need your email?

Sorry if I missed you. :(

message 18: by MsBDiamondDiva1 (new)

MsBDiamondDiva1 | 3 comments Can you send it to my e-mail. I have two one is work and the other is personal, which ever one you prefer.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

MsBDiamondDiva1 wrote: "Can you send it to my e-mail. I have two one is work and the other is personal, which ever one you prefer."

Either one works for me :)

message 20: by Tina Tate-Hobbs (new)

Tina Tate-Hobbs | 1 comments Can you send it to my email? i would love to read it!

message 21: by Shemeika (new)

Shemeika  (shemeika) | 2 comments Ive read all three books already. Enjoyed them.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Loved the Trylle trilogy!

message 23: by Keely (new)

Keely (getfictional) I read all three in under a week.. couldn't put 'em down.. :)

message 24: by Helene (new)

Helene | 1 comments I absolutely loved the Trylle trilogy! I read it so fast, and I was sad when I finished them. At the moment I'm reading My blood Approves and I'm hooked

message 25: by Dolphin lover (new)

Dolphin lover (callmeava) | 8 comments Helene wrote: "I absolutely loved the Trylle trilogy! I read it so fast, and I was sad when I finished them. At the moment I'm reading My blood Approves and I'm hooked"
Same