Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Members > Introduce yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 444 comments Mod
I thought it would be good to introduce ourselves in the group.

I love Karen Kingsbury and noticed there wasn't a group on here for her, so that's why I started it. I'm 27 and in the middle of trying to finish my degree in Elementary Education. Went to Texas A&M for two and a half years and took some time off and slowly went back to school. I am at Lamar now and will get my degree in December of 2011! I love reading Historical fiction books and certain contemporary ones.

Feel free to say whatever you want about yourselves. I just want people to feel free to have discussion other than Karen's books. :D Even if they are awesome.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

No prob! It's fun moderating a group!

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (aimee10210) | 7 comments I can't remember when I joined this group, but I've been MIA for awhile now. I've actually been MIA from reading too - but I've gotten back on the wagon. :)

I'm Aimee, I'm 33. I live in California. I'm getting married in October and I have 2 dogs and four kitties who make my life crazy but much more fun. I work for the state prison system (budgets) and volunteer at an animal sanctuary two sundays a month.

I LOVE Karen Kingsbury books - I'm working on crossing all of them off my list as I read my way through her booklist from her website. I just finished Between Sundays.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

ooo that's a good one! I like that one. But, then again I like NFL football too. :D

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 21 comments HI I am new to good reads and groups but am a huge reader and love Karen. I have read all her books and can't wait for the Bailey series.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Me either! So excited. Glad you could join us.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2 comments Hi. I'm Lynn & I live in Indiana. I have been married for 17 years & a have 1 teenage daughter & 1 teenage son.
I have always loved reading, but haven't always had the time to read as much as I wanted. I was stricken with MS 4 years ago and am unable to work now.
My mom passed some books along to me and some of them were Karen Kingsbury books. Now, I can't wait to devour them!!! I am currently reading the Firstborn series #4. I am so happy that I found her books. She is such an inspiration to me!! And I'm happy that I found this group. Looking forward to talking with you all!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Lynn wrote: "Hi. I'm Lynn & I live in Indiana. I have been married for 17 years & a have 1 teenage daughter & 1 teenage son.
I have always loved reading, but haven't always had the time to read as much as I wa..."

Hi! Welcome to the group. Hope you are enjoying your series! I love the Baxters and Flannigans!

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenn349) | 2 comments Hi. My name is Jennifer but because there are so many Jennifers, I tend to go by Jenn. I'm juggling a lot but love Karen Kingsbury boooks so much I tend to finish them within 24-48 hours of starting them.

I may not post often, but I will try. I'm a mother of four, a college student and am self-employed. I only recently joined GoodReads yesterday or the day before and am very excited about it.

I look forward to reading (and possibly re-reading) Karen Kingsbury's books with all of you and discussing them. Thank you for letting me join your group!

Jenn

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Welcome Jenn...like the name! :D I go by Jenn sometimes too. Although I have recently gotten a new nickname from my friends here where I live and they call me JenJennifer. lol Hope you enjoy the group!

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin (childofgod425) | 19 comments My Name is Erin. I live in Ga and loving my life as a Christian. I found out about goodreads itself when my cousin in law sent me an invitation. I have always loved to read and Karen Kingsbury is my favorite author. I am a new reader and was just told the order of the baxter series... LOL
I am a student in high school and when i get out I plan to major in music and writing (my two biggest passions.) I want a profession I love and will give glory to God at the same time. I plan on being on here quit often (though I am in school in my computer apps class as I write... lol) shhhh :)

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Erin wrote: "My Name is Erin. I live in Ga and loving my life as a Christian. I found out about goodreads itself when my cousin in law sent me an invitation. I have always loved to read and Karen Kingsbury is m..."

lol that's ok! I get on here during my classes in college. :D So much more entertaining! Welcome to the group.

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin (childofgod425) | 19 comments haha thanks! It's glad to keep in touch with people

message 14: by Davina (new)

Davina Bell (bamamama) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Davina and I live in Montgomery, AL. I am a Christian and I love Jesus! :D I love to read, but I have never really read too many Christian novels. The last one I read was The Shack. I truly enjoyed it!! I have never read anything by Ms. Kingsbury, but I have heard wonderful things about her. I want to read her novels, but I do not know where to start!!! LOL! I am hoping by joining this group someone can lead me to which novel to start with. :)

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (childofgod425) | 19 comments start anywhere but when it comes to the baxters, you should go in order. lol :) welcome to the group

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Davina wrote: "Hi, my name is Davina and I live in Montgomery, AL. I am a Christian and I love Jesus! :D I love to read, but I have never really read too many Christian novels. The last one I read was The Shac..."

lol start with her Redemption Series if you want to start with a series.

If you want a stand alone, then Unlocked is a good one to read about a boy with severe Autisim, or Between Sundays if you like football, or Divine-it's a modern day mary magdalene story. I can give you more ideas if you want! :D

message 17: by Davina (new)

Davina Bell (bamamama) | 2 comments Thanks for the suggestions!!!! :D

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin (childofgod425) | 19 comments you are welcome! :)

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

no prob

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Hi! I'm giving away Karen Kingsbury's 9/11 series on my blog 'Christian Bookshelf Reviews'.

Here is the link - Christian Bookshelf Reviews

Melanie

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Cool! I already have it or else I would try to get it! lol

message 22: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 20 comments My name is Kristy and I have fallen in love with Karen's Kingsbury books. I'm reading the Redemption series right now. I read my first Kingsbury book last year in July, but I decided to read the Redemption series. I actually started with the 3rd series Sunrise. Now I am going back and reading the entire series. I'm on Rejoice now.

message 23: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments Welcome, Kristy! Karen's books are all wonderful, in my opinion.

message 24: by Kristy (last edited Aug 06, 2011 07:22PM) (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 20 comments Thank you! I love them. Reading Rejoice now. I bought some on my kindle. One of the ones I bought is Unlocked. Have you read that one?

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Love Unlocked! Welcome to the group!

message 26: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments Kristy wrote: "Thank you! I love them. Reading Rejoice now. I bought some on my kindle. One of the ones I bought is Unlocked. Have you read that one?"

Unlocked is wonderful. I loved it! All of her books are good, but it is right up there as one of my all time favorites.

message 27: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 20 comments I got it on my kindle for $2.99.

message 28: by Estelle (new)

Estelle | 2 comments i joined this group because I enjoy karen's writing style!

message 29: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments Welcome, Estelle. I love her writing style, too.

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Welcome! I think we all love her writing style!

message 31: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 20 comments Welcome Estelle. I just finished reading Fame.

message 32: by Estelle (new)

Estelle | 2 comments Thanks everyone!

message 33: by Emily (last edited Sep 06, 2011 08:31AM) (new)

Emily Grace | 5 comments Hello, I'm Emily. I'm an OKie and proud. I'm a high school student. I'm homeschooled, I've been homeschooled my entire school life. Next semester I will be taking classes to become a certified Birthing Doula. And in my senior year I'll be taking classes to become a certified Midwife. I'll then be going to college to become a registered nurse. (That way I'll have more credential with my clients when I start Midwifery.) I love all types of Christian Romance fiction.

I'm new to Karen Kingsbury books but what I've read I LOVE her writing. The way she writes is like a breath of the Word. I love how she uses everyday struggles, that people go through. I started reading her books with Above The Line and now I'm making my way through Bailey Flanigan series. I've read one of her 9/11 books and Shades of Blue. I want to read more. If any of you have any suggestions as what series you'd recommend for me to read I'd like that. Right now I'm not sure which series of hers to read.

message 34: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (georgiapch) | 5 comments Hi, I'm Jeanie. I am new member of this group, but have been reading Karen Kingsbury for years. I am waiting to get and read the second Bailey book. Karen is a blessing to me each time I open one of her books.

message 35: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (georgiapch) | 5 comments Jennifer wrote: "Davina wrote: "Hi, my name is Davina and I live in Montgomery, AL. I am a Christian and I love Jesus! :D I love to read, but I have never really read too many Christian novels. The last one I re..."

Barbara wrote: "Kristy wrote: "Thank you! I love them. Reading Rejoice now. I bought some on my kindle. One of the ones I bought is Unlocked. Have you read that one?"

Unlocked is wonderful. I loved it! All o..."

Unlocked was really a great book - the Bailey series follows up on it too. Love how she ties everything together.

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

YAY! WE have more new people! Glad to see more people joining!

message 37: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2 comments Emily wrote: "Hello, I'm Emily. I'm an OKie and proud. I'm a high school student. I'm homeschooled, I've been homeschooled my entire school life. Next semester I will be taking classes to become a certified Birt..."

Hi Emily. I used to be a labor doula & I LOVED it!!! Where are you taking your training? Unfortunately, I had to stop due to health problems, but it is a very rewarding journey! Best of luck to you!!

message 38: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 20 comments Welcome to the group Jeanie. I'm reading Ocean's Apart. I just got back from 2 weeks in Tennessee.

Jeanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Jeanie. I am new member of this group, but have been reading Karen Kingsbury for years. I am waiting to get and read the second Bailey book. Karen is a blessing to me each time I open o..."

message 39: by Chris (new)

Chris Curtis (cjccur) | 2 comments Hi I'm Chris. I am a new member to the group. I love Karen's books. Reading them always makes me feel like things will turn out ok if we have faith. There always seems to be a character that speaks to me. I'm reading the Forever Faithful trilogy right now.

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Welcome! That's a good trilogy! One of my favs.

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan Hi I'm new to this group and just wanted to say hello. I'm Susan, 48 and live in WI. I am reading my first ever KK book called Shades of Blue. WOW--can't believe I never read this author before! I have a question...I tried to read Leaving before this one but it seemed to keep talking about Cody Gunner. Should I read that series first before the Bailey Flanigan series? Thanks so much for your help!

HI JEN!!! :)

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Susan wrote: "Hi I'm new to this group and just wanted to say hello. I'm Susan, 48 and live in WI. I am reading my first ever KK book called Shades of Blue. WOW--can't believe I never read this au..."

Welcome. Shades of Blue is a good one! Yes, I would recommend reading the series in order so you are introduced to the Flannigan and Baxter families. Redemption Series, Firstborn Series, Sunrise Series, Above the Line Series, and Bailey Flannigan Series

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

It gives you background on the whole Bailey Cody thing when you are introduced to the whole family in Firstborn and then it goes through the rest of the series.

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan okay so where do I read the Cody Gunner series Jen?? :) Thanks for your help!!

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

The Cody Gunner series is completely different A Thousand Tomorrows and Just Beyond the Clouds are the books. He also makes an appearance in This Side of Heaven(tear jerker! She wrote it for her brother who died)

message 46: by Susan (new)

Susan okay thanks Jen!!! :)

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

No prob!

message 48: by Mary Catherine (new)

Mary Catherine (foreveroverthinking) | 2 comments Hi everybody!! Love Karen Kingsbury and thoroughly obsessed with her books. :)

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Mary Catherine wrote: "Hi everybody!! Love Karen Kingsbury and thoroughly obsessed with her books. :)"

Join the club! :D I think most of us are!

message 50: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 20 comments Me too.
Mary Catherine wrote: "Hi everybody!! Love Karen Kingsbury and thoroughly obsessed with her books. :)"