Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

Janet fan stuff > New Diesel book (spinoff!)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I just saw this on amazon, Wicked Appetite (The Unmentionables, #1) by Janet Evanovich it appears to be about Diesel and Wulf -- so a spin off of the Stephanie books. Release date is Sept. 2010.

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hmm, just went and read about it. It might be a better slant for Diesel. Haven't liked his other books.

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I agree, the other books were eh, but I still half way enjoyed them. I just thought that the last thing Stephanie needed was another man in her life. :)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Cesarina | 2 comments Regina wrote: "I just saw this on amazon, Wicked Appetite (The Unmentionables, #1) by Janet Evanovich it appears to be about Diesel and Wulf -- so a spin off of the Stephanie books. Release date is Sept. 2010."

I heard that he was so popular that Janet decided to give him his own series. I enjoyed them but thought it was to much to add another guy to Stephanie's life. I personally feel we need more Ranger time.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Cesarina | 2 comments I have just finished a series by an Australian author called Kerry Greenwood. Her character is Corinna Chapman, a baker and a plus sized woman. They are really enjoyable and have a great cast of characters. I really liked that the main character didn't fit into the skinny, size zero slot and was a strong woman with a handsome partner. They are a series of mysteries and really were good.

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Elizabeth wrote: "Regina wrote: "I just saw this on amazon, Wicked Appetite (The Unmentionables, #1) by Janet Evanovich it appears to be about Diesel and Wulf -- so a spin off of the Stephanie books. Release date is Sept. 2010."

I hear..."

I agree, bring on Ranger. He is a great character and really, this story is not real -- so lets get more of the most exciting part of the fantasy. :)

I will have to check out the series, it sounds interesting -- thanks for the suggestion Elizabeth!

message 7: by Katherine (last edited Jun 21, 2010 03:08PM) (new)

Katherine I will try this series also. Stephanie had one to many guys to begin with, she didn't need Diesel to add to the "can't make up my mind" category.

It would be awesome for Ranger to have his own series. He could be paired up with someone else and have lots of bounty hunter adventures in and out of bed. :)

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Mmmmmm, I like that idea!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hopefully it will be a good series. Looking forward to checking out the first one.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 223 comments Mod
I agree with you all. Bring on a Ranger series! His past is such a mystery, it'd be great to learn about it!

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie Very excting!

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (noplacespecial) | 4 comments i liked diesel at first, when he was just this kinda weird dude that showed up spouting nonsense. but the more she tries to convince us that stephanie's into him, and that he might actually have supernatural powers, the faster i lose interest.

message 13: by Hapzydeco (new)

Hapzydeco | 3 comments You read Evanovich to make you laugh. This improbable story weaving Diesel into the life of Lizzie, a cupcake expert, will fulfill your purpose.

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 19 comments I admit that I didn't care for any of the between the numbers with Diesel. But, I have read Wicked Appetite and really enjoyed it. I liked it more than the last few Plum books. I really laughed out loud at several parts of the story and can I just say that I love Carl the monkey. He provided so much comic relief for me!

message 15: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) This is so good to hear! My library is sending a copy to my local branch. I can't wait to get it!

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I just started and stopped 1/5th of the way through. I did not like it. I gave it one star: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/92...

message 17: by Katherine (new)

Katherine That's sad to hear Regina. I did like this one and thought the ending was very hopeful for the next to be even better.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "I agree with you all. Bring on a Ranger series! His past is such a mystery, it'd be great to learn about it!"

There probably won't be a Ranger series, as much as many of us would like it. It is my understanding that JE sold the rights to all of the characters in One for the Money when she sold the movie rights.

message 19: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 78 comments I love the between the numbers with Diesel and the new spin off, but I think Janet could expand with the between books and do one with Ranger and then one with Morelli and have Stephanie popping in and out of the pages like they do in her books. it would be fun!