Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Have you ever been married to a bad boy?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (new)

Ginger (ginger-elk_grove_village) | 1 comments It can be stimulating, but it can also lead to trouble.

message 2: by Othena (new)

Othena I don't know if I could handle a bad boy in RL :)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments When I first started dating my husband, I thought of him as a "bad boy" but he is only bad boy lite.

message 4: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Ex-hubby was a bad boy, but the irredeemable kind.

Current hubby is a late-blooming bad boy, completely alpha, a pain to live with and a joy to live with too (that can swap over the course of a few seconds!)

message 5: by Chrizette (last edited Jun 19, 2010 04:00AM) (new)

Chrizette I met my husband on a blind date and when I looked through the peephole, I debated not opening the door. He had long sun-bleached curly blond hair and a little bit of beard with kind of sloppy clothing - a real surfer. At first glance, I had classified him as a bad boy and then just had to go out with him (who could resist the bad boy image).

He turned out to be the biggest teddy bear.

message 6: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Chriz wrote: "I met my husband on a blind date and when I looked through the peephole, I debated not opening the door. He had long sun-bleached curly blond hair and a little bit of beard with kind of sloppy clo..."

Awww, that is so sweet, Chriz! :)

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
My hubby used to be a bad boy but it was before I met him. He tells stories of some of the things he once did like throwing a boy out the window at school because he wouldn't let him copy his paper. But he is a good boy now.

♥Lynn ♥ My husband is FAR from bad boy! He is finishing up his teaching degree in Family Consumer Science. In case you do not know what that is, it is Home Ec. My husband loves cooking, gardening, and raising chickens. Such a bad ass, lol.

message 9: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Mine was pretty bad before we were married,he still likes meeting trouble head on.
He now settles for living on the edge with his Male toys-Motorcycles and ATVs and Skiing and all our other outdoor sports ,I did get him to almost stop riding the bike in the middle of LA tho.

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments Yes, I have been married to a bad boy, but not the kind we read about.

message 11: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Lol. Mine gets his kick out of diving and snorkeling. It's a nagging pain to get him to stay inside the protected reefs and not head to the deep sea.

Lynn, that is so sweet! I'd love a man who liked to do all these things.

Pamela - did you turn him into that good boy? *wink*

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (last edited Jun 20, 2010 05:09AM) (new)

Zee, Not really. He was already reforming when I met him. He still had a little mischief in him for a few years but mellowed with age.

Edit to add - He worked shore patrol in the US Navy when I met him. So he was bad to the bad guys lol :)

message 13: by Kathy Anne (last edited Jun 20, 2010 10:56AM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) I did go out before Hubs with a couple of pretty bad boys,they didn`t impress me all that much.The books I read about them sure make them more impessive than they really are.

Pam
That sounds like it would take a guy that could get pretty bad in a hurry to take care of them if all the stories I read about Navy shore leave is true LOL

message 14: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments I lived with a bad boy for 3 years. He was gorgeous, fun to be around and had something dark inside him that broke us up. Badly. He called me about a year after and cried as he apologized. Just recently I reconnected with him on FB and found he just got out of the pennitentary! So I have a fine line to walk about the bb's that I love and a BB I could live with . . . Thank God for books instead!

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Kathy Anne, Hubby tells stories of how he'd take the "short cut" to shore patrol with the rowdy, mouthy drunks, through the hilly golf course and those guys didn't have any seatbelts back there. Of course, that meant he had to hose down the back of the paddy wagon (van) when he got back and had to survive the smell. lol

message 16: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Zee, Not really. He was already reforming when I met him. He still had a little mischief in him for a few years but mellowed with age.

Edit to add - He worked shore patrol in the US Navy when I ..."

I like that line - mellowed with age!

It's very true though that the dangerous heroes/bad boys we read about are not exactly the ones we find in real life.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Zee wrote: "...It's very true though that the dangerous heroes/bad boys we read about are not exactly the ones we find in real life."

I think you've gotten to the heart of the matter with that statement, Zee.

I recall (in the late 70's? early 80's?) when the biggest selling romances were rape/captivity stories where the heroine ended up in love with the offender. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. I also think the military in real life is NOT filled with "gentlemen", but with "guys".

There is a huge market for paranormal stories, but I never expect to be saved by superman.

There are degrees of "bad"... my dad used to tease me because my husband comes from a different college fraternity than Dad. I also was skirting the edge of "darkness" because when we met I was in high school and my husband is 5 years older ... nothing now, but a huge difference at the time. I have to remind him of that each time he growls at the idea of our 20-year-old daughter's 30-year-old fiance (LOL).

message 18: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Thanks Mollie. It just seemed to me that there is a line between reality and fiction. In a book, a man who just ups and throws another man from his chair through the plaster wall would look like an action hero. But what is it really like to live with a man who's got such impulses?

As an author, I try to portray life as close as possible to reality, but we have to face it too. I mean, most of the time, we'll write about cops who are hot and hard and dangerous, but real-life cops have maybe 1 Jack Bauer for every 1000 regular cops. Lol, Jack Bauer might even be a fallacy, but because it is fiction, we take it and his portrayal/characterization for granted. We'd be wary of such a man in real life.

Oops, I just wrote an essay! Lol about the age difference. My hubby is 18 years my senior, and that was a huge row when we met! No longer a big deal, but when we met he was twice my age!

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Zee wrote: "...Oops, I just wrote an essay!..."

Nothing wrong with essays, they help us clarify our thinking which can only help our writing.

message 20: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Mollie wrote: "Zee wrote: "...Oops, I just wrote an essay!..."

Nothing wrong with essays, they help us clarify our thinking which can only help our writing."

Lol. Thanks. :)