The Mystery of Victorian England discussion

We'd like to say. (It's general) > Group Introductions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) This is a space where you can introduce yourself if you want to.

message 2: by Arthur, moderators (new)

Arthur | 129 comments Mod
Hi, I am Arthur Cutler. I am happy to be on Goodreads. This is a website I am using in connection with Facebook, a popular site as well. I wanted someplace to post books and a kind of memorable review. I certainly may. I also posted short stories I’ve written to amuse. I took an interest in reading in high school. Of course I liked reading before then, I didn’t have my calling. That is, while I was deciding where to go in life I decided reading important. I enjoy the philosophical side in man and all the adventures it has brought us, which anyone will find in books. That’s something I’ve been slowly maturing. We have compulsory French in the school system. That doesn’t mean I speak or read very well. I don’t. Nor do I ignore it. I live in Ontario, Canada. Near the capitol of Canada, Ottawa, in fact. We have a semi-fabulously famous city, Victoria also, but it is in the province of British Columbia, Canada. It’s the capitol city of that province. If you look at it on the map, it looks like a fair sized city. I haven’t been to it personally, but I was out that way once years ago for six months. I took an interest in reading Anne Perry officially once I joined this Anne Perry group. I wanted to see more of the Victorian era. I think that is what I am doing. I am gaining a richer and deeper knowledge of the Victorians and I can explore a well known author of everyone’s choice. So thanks for creating the group. I like the perspective, Andi as moderator. It gives me enthusiastic reviews. I can’t correct my spelling mistakes or my grammar. I’ve watched so much television while the years have gone by too quickly that I pay little attention to greater details. I have an uncommon family who I live with. My daughter is nineteen in July. She may be expecting, not that I doubt her, but it is her decision to start a family this young. Which will make me a grandfather for the first time. I’m from a semi-large family. But every single individual has fanned out to their respective place in life. I always thought I was a writer since I was in grade five. But I have not really made any social attempts or continued my education. I’m much to busy reading anyway, and are famed for having a book in my possession. Not that it bothers me. I’m ill without a book. I worship reading and the book. I live to read.

message 3: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 3 comments Hi! I'm Kiara. I'm also new to this group. I never read any of these books and I look foreward to. Ohh, and thanks Catamorandi for inviting me!!

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) glad you are here, kiara.

message 5: by Kiara (last edited Aug 07, 2008 01:30PM) (new)

Kiara | 3 comments okay! i'll see if i can get cater street hangman when i go to the library.

message 6: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (ilyn_ross) | 8 comments Hello Everyone,

Thank you, Randi, for inviting me.

Though I have not read an Anne Perry book, I didn't want to turn down Randi's invite. I would be able to read one Anne Perry book in two months, if I could learn about significant England places in a book of hers (I would greatly appreciate advice on this).

I would love to be friends with everyone, to read about your ideas, experiences, and love of books.

Best regards. Have a fun weekend.

message 7: by Cynthiaj (new)

Cynthiaj | 10 comments I'm Cynthia and am in Fort Pierce, Florida. I found "Face of a Stranger" when looking through the college library for something to keep my from going bonkers during finals. And as they say, the rest is history. (Although I teach chemistry.) Since, I have avidly devoured all the Anne Perry Monk books the college and my local library have to offer. :>)

message 8: by Arthur, moderators (new)

Arthur | 129 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Claudia. We're in a slump right now, where this group is concerned I had planned to continue with the book reading topics starting in the new year. It's a lot of reading.

message 9: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (monique1109) | 2 comments Heyall my name is Monique, well originally it is Monika, I am German but I live in Brittany, France and write books in English.

I may be a bit of an oddball here, as I am a great fan on the William Monk series ... in French! I have almost all William Monk books in my bookschelf (for real, on paper). Florence Bertrand, the lady who has translated them is just incredible. After having read her first translation: "Mémoire coupable" I felt like I had something so essentially English, I almost could not believe itpossible.

Before I made a point of trying to read everything in it's original language, but I instantly broke that habit in favour of the William Monk series ... in French. So sometimes, if I comment about it here I may slip and use some French terms, please remind me if you can't catch my drift ;)