We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

In The Kitchen.... > What's For Dinner at Your House Tonight?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I get tired of the tired rotation of usuals in my kitchen... so what's for dinner at your house tonight??

Me: Chicken put in the crock this morning w/ seasonings - garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and a little ketchup/bbq sauce.

Either rice or a baked potato with a salad..

then pop corn later for snack while I read my next book!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments baked potatoes and pork chops and broccoli. hmmmm
Unfortunately my little girl has infected ears (swimmers ears) and doesn't seem too enthused to eat. And these are some of her faves.... ok not the broccoli but she loves the other stuff :(

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments UGH!! That is the big question every day in my house! I don't mind cooking, I like to cook in most instances, but coming up with 'what' to cook is the problem... great thread and maybe I'll get an idea of what to cook for dinner!

message 4: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Sunday might be a pork roast day, but then I don't know what will go with. I really need to get to the grocery store!

message 5: by Kathy Anne (last edited Jun 17, 2010 03:05PM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) I know what you mean Cheryl-What to Cook,I hate that question.
And I went to the store today to try and find something different and they have the same meat on sale almost every week at every store-no variety at all.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Do any of u watch Chopped on the Food Network? They get some really weird combos to make a dish with and then judged on it. They can come up with some interesting ingredients...

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments We are going to have stuffed pasta shells with meat/diced tomatoes and topped with cheese. Along with that some baked zucchini, carrots, onion and red peppers.

message 8: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Yummy Katherine!!!!

Pamela - I LOVED Chopped! I love watching that show...its so awesome to see what the mystery ingredients will be.

message 9: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Friday is always a good pizza or bbq day!

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I don't cook more because I am bad at deciding what to cook.

I like that show Chopped.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura I've got chix and bbq sauce in the crockpot to make shredded bbq chix sandwiches and we'll have potato salad with it and either green salad or corn on cob.

message 12: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Laura,
Sounds good,we are having family and friends Hotdog and Hamburger BBQ tonight ,then tomorrow a Steak BBQ for the Dads,and whatever potluck anyone brings to go wiith them.

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments Laura your dinner sounds very similar to ours. We are fixing Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, salad and corn on the cob.

message 14: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Ok, its about that time. I am notrious for my bad habit of skipping lunch. I'm starting to get hungry and think about dinner. Whats on the menu tonight? I was thinking of picking something up...I'm so tired from the weekend!

message 15: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Haddix (tlhaddix) Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and salad. Yum-o.

message 16: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments sounds delish!!!

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Tacos

message 18: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments i skipped and had popcorn for a snack, had a big lunch of chinese! :-) Tomorrow though, I think I'll make my black beans!!!

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments It's been so hot here recently that no one wants to cook or even venture outside to BBQ. We've been eating a lot of sandwiches, which makes me feel guilty, but it's better and cheaper than eating out.

I was thinking of going out after dark and grilling a top sirloin, then sticking it in the fridge until tomorrow and tossing it into a salad.

message 20: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne OK in our house tonight it's.....Chicken Korma, chicken cooked with onions, curry paste and creme fraich. served with popadoms, nann bread and Basmati rice. I use the leftover chicken from the previous night and sometimes dress it up with chopped corriander. For pudding we've got Lemon Merangue Pie and cream. I have bags of pop corn to do so we'll have that for a snack later.

message 21: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne @UM Sirloin and salad sounds devine!

message 22: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Adrienne! That chicken dish sounds wonderful! When you get some time would you mind starting a new thread and posting the recipe, including the rice?

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Adrienne wrote: "@UM Sirloin and salad sounds devine!"

Yeah, you can use a ceasar dressing or blue cheese, a balsamic vinegarette.... whatever you like!

message 24: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Leftovers. I cooked a large meal Sunday night (cubed deer steak, rice and fresh zipper peas) and burgers last night.

Have a meeting with the middle child tonight so the DH and other two rottens will eat the leave overs.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Ham & scalloped potatoes with homemade dinner rolls and green beans, maybe some apple sauce. Homemade apple crispt for dessert/snack later on.

message 26: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments yum heidi!! It's getting cold here, and I want to make meatloaf, hashbrown casserole, and brussels sprouts!

message 27: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Lazy Lasagna.

Deer season has begun and we have dinner with DH at the cooler most nights. TOnight is a deer cooler night with supper in tow.

message 28: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 99 comments Hey Bekah -- it's meatloaf night at our house too. Along with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I made brownies today so that's gonna be dessert.

message 29: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments oh yummy!!!!

message 30: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Today is my son's 17th b-day so he gets to choose dinner. It's Shake N Bake Pork Chops, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Nothing green for him! LOL

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments We're also having pork chops, here with yellow rice and peas.

message 32: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 99 comments Happy 17th Birthday to your son! He chose well for birthday dinner. I love pork chops and corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Save the green for later!!

message 33: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Oooh, that sounds good!!! One of these days you'll have to post the Yellow Rice recipe in the recipe folder, Mollie!!

message 34: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Yeah, I try to serve a well balanced diet with at least 1 green, but hey... he made it to 17... must be doing something right ;)

message 35: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert Happy Birthday to your son,UM! Pork chops is tomorrow night here. Tonight it was spaghetti with a tossed salad and garlic bread.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Yellow Rice: buy the Vigo packet, follow directions on the back.

message 37: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments LOL!!! Thanks, Mollie! Those are the best kinds!

message 38: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thank you, Nissie and Anne! My grandsons baked and decorated a cake for him. It was fun!

message 39: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Molly my daughter LOVES that yellow rice.

message 40: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Tonight is kids eat free at out local Mexican restaraunt. So . ..it's Mexican for us!:)

message 41: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Ooooh, yummy!!! I love Mexican food!! So do my hips and my ass because when I eat it, they hang on to every single bite.

message 42: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Ooooh, yummy!!! I love Mexican food!! So do my hips and my ass because when I eat it, they hang on to every single bite."

LOL! Mine too! Amazing, isnt' it? :)

message 43: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Well clearly, it's not our fault we have that problem, it's the Hispanic people's fault because the food is too good and we can't control ourselves!!! It's like, it's not MY fault I eat too much blue cheese dressing, it's those French people for making it so, so delicious!!!

message 44: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments oh...blue cheeses dressing....with big chunks of blue cheese! yummmm!!!

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Hamburgers here tonight. Last night's pork chops (boneless thin cut) looked rather skimpy so I just chopped and mixed it all up into a casserole.

The best blue cheese dressing I have ever been given was at an Austrian restaurant that is now closed. They put a dollop of sour cream on a green salad and sprinkles huge chunks of blue cheese on top.

message 46: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments I'm the only one in my house who likes Blue Cheese dressing :) I don't have to share it with anyone (hehe)
Anyway, we are doing rib steaks (from our own cow) and baked taters and a salad (with blue cheese dressing?)

message 47: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments my mom made yummy yummy ham and beans. yummy!

message 48: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I have a recipe for blue cheese dressing, but it's kind of just a base recipe and has to be altered depending on the intensity of the blue cheese flavor. I love that one, the one from Claim Jumpers, and Mimi's.

message 49: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments We're having tri-tip roast, baked potatoes and asparagus!!

message 50: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments What is it about autumn that makes dinner so much more enjoyable?? Is it that more comfort foods are made during this season or what?

« previous 1