YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Vampire Academy > Spirit Bound (book5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
This page is for those that have read all 5 books

message 2: by Sarah Jo. (new)

Sarah Jo. (sprinkles4cookies) I Have!!! Just Finished Spririt Bound and I'm considering to re-read it. LOVED IT!!!

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol

message 4: by Sarah Jo. (new)

Sarah Jo. (sprinkles4cookies) I was team Adrain but I may just be converted to Dimitri now.... I don't know! im confused!

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im team adrian all the way but i will say that dimitri is sexy!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Haven't gotten the book from the library so I will join in once I not only received it but read it. Man, I hate waiting!

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol it is a good book my fave out of the series!!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Oh how cruel to LOL at me! As I suffer, suffer, suffer...

message 9: by Sarah Jo. (new)

Sarah Jo. (sprinkles4cookies) Some say that Adrian was the one who killed....Well, you know. 0_o I freaked when i heard, but then i got hungry for cookies and laughed alot. :D

message 10: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im sorry!

message 11: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i think its tatiana's lover boy or adrian's mom or dad or mia

message 12: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments i kinda think it was victor but im not sure how he woulda pulled it off but no one knows where he is so no one would suspect but that might be too obvious since he was always talking about needing new government. and im torn between adrian and demitri. i almost wish one of them would die off to make the choice easier. is that mean? cause otherwise no matter what she does it hurt some one or herself. of course no matter what it will be hard to have a life outside of being lissas protector so maybe she shouldnt be with anyone. if she were adrians protector though it might work out...

message 13: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I agree with the victor idea or it could be christian's aunt. Don't feel bad about wishing one of them would die i wished the same thing before SB i wanted Rose to kill Dimitri and be done with it so she could move on with her life as mean as that sounds. its not that i don't like dimitri i do i just think its time to move on

message 14: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments yeah i think it would suck if adrian met masons fate. just cause they werent her first choice, they have to pay the consequences. and demitri is being awfully ungrateful about everything rose did although im not sure he knows about her jail break. i have a feeling that some how the jail break will be brought up during her trial and then she will look even more guilty.

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

yea il have that feeling to. I wonder how Dimitri will react to Rose's jail bust?

message 16: by Bianca (last edited Jun 20, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I still think it was good how Richelle made Dimitri not want her. I mean I think we all are fairly confident he still does but he is just showing remorse, it makes me want the next book that much more. I can't wait till he finds out that Rose broke him out of Jail, I think that will help bring them back together. he will know just how much she was willing to risk for him. I also loved how in the end it shows that when Rose is taken away Dimitri fights and protects her, so I'd say he still loves her. he just doesn't want to hurt her again. Anyone have any ideas as to how Rose is going to get out of the High Treason charges>?? Abe maybe?? how will she prove she is innocent?

message 17: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I have no idea how she is going to wiggle her way out of this one tho im sure she will she's a slippery little thing lol. I think its going to make Dimitri mad that Rose busted Viktor out of jail but i really don't know.
-sigh- i wish i had Last Sacrifice

message 18: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Same here... It's killing me, not knowing.
Yeah i think he will be mad, but hopefully it will still help her. Yeah I definatly can't see Rose being executed, the whole story is about her. Then again the title makes you wonder. Last Sacrifice, it sounds like somebody dies.

message 19: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i just hope and prey its not Rose Adrian Lissa or Christopher id die lol

message 20: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments lol same here or Dimitri. They have come through so much together. It would suck to have it all end. Maybe Dimitri gives up his life for Rose?? (Gasp!) I cringe at the thought...

message 21: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol i hope it dosen't come to that
bc even tho im team Adrian i dont want Dimitri to die -tear-

message 22: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 298 comments Very good but not the best in the series for me....

message 23: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments even though it was voted on that the case would go to trial abe still said she wouldnt go to trial. makes me wonder if he plans to bust her out and solve the thing on their own to clear her name. at first i suspected ambrose but then why would he give her that note with the information about lissa not being the last dragomir so thats kinda why i thought itd be victor cause i didnt see any foreshadowing for it to be any one else. and its clear demitri still has feelings for rose but hes guilt trippin and poor adrian has to pick up the pieces with rose. at least shes resposible though. i was kinda glad they didnt sleep together.. i have a feeling they never will.

message 24: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 298 comments yea... they won't (hopefully)

message 25: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 298 comments yea... they won't (hopefully)

message 26: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i hope they will lol

message 27: by Truthic (last edited Jul 02, 2010 09:11AM) (new)

Truthic | 323 comments My thoughts on the book:

I don't think Adrian killed the Queen. How was he suppossed to have taken her stake? When he came to her room that night, the Queen was already dead. When he came the night earlier, she SAW him leave, and I bet Rose would have noticied if he was carrying a stake.

My guess is that it was Victor.

How did he manage to sneek in? Well, he snatched the idea from Lissa. By changing his appearance with the help of some spirit (maaybe brother Rob could do some good after all?). So where does that lead us? Nobody knows Victor is in the Court.

But, this is just my theory. Mead is definately unpredictible. Hey, maybe the Queen stabbed herself! (not).

And I have to mention my never ending love for the most wonderful character in the whole series, Adrian Ivashkov. He's a hunded times better than Dimitri (sorry, don't get mad at me! haha), but I'm not sure if Rose deserves him. His unconditional love for her is overwhelming, if she wants to be with him she should put Dimitri behind her and give Adrian a decent chance.

Overall, a very good book. I'm just disappointed of some of Rose's choices, like for an example, breaking in to a high secure prison to free a psycho kidnapper because it's possible that the psycho's brother holds some INFORMATION that can bring monsterous Strigois back to their original beings.

EDIT: Wow, I kinda got carried away there... :$ Sorry!

message 28: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments haha thats ok truthic, ill write a long one too cause i have alot of theories. :) i hate having to guess (but i cant help it) so this book needs to hurry up already.

rose is brash but thats why shes fun to read about. shes impulsive and imperfect. letting demitri live as strigoi prolly got alot of people killed, plus she helped victor escape with unknown consequences. love makes you do stupid things i guess which is also why adrian puts up with rose's crap and its also why demetri thinks staying away from rose is whats best for her even though he clearly still has feelings for her. he just doesnt want to hurt her anymore. its like hes doing a edward cullen in new moon thing.

as far as theories go, its possible that jill is lissa's half sister because jills dad is never really mentioned and i find it interesting that her mom is in ballet (if shes from vegas, it makes sense that she likes to preform). but honestly, i dont think its jill. i think its more likely that it will be a new character.

with the queens death, i think victor was invlolved. maybe leading some kind of revolution and this also might involve strigoi seeing as they also wanted to bring the court to shambles according to strigoi demitri. i also think daniella (adrians mom) was involved. she was there for all of rose's angry outbursts and she seems fine with rose but says she knows rose and adrian have no real future. but since adrian talks to his mom about rose, it would be easy for her to get information on her and her whereabouts throughout the court. plus didnt it seem like daniella was awfully insistent on not switching lawyers for the trial? another theory i have is that maybe rose did do it but was under a powerful compulsion.. victors brother perhaps? that could explain how her stake was taken from her room. but i still think it would be difficult for her to get alone time with no security with the queen which makes me also suspect ambrose. maybe he was compelled? he would certainly have access. it would be really easy for victors brother to get into court without being noticed because hes a recluse and not many know what he looks like or even that hes related to victor.

i definitely think the reason that the records were stolen from the alchemists was to find the whereabouts of lissa's half sibling. i dont think they want lissa to come to power. i think theyre hunting down this sibling.

im also curious as to which ivashkov replaces tatiana on the royal court. maybe this is is the reason for tatiana's death. some power hungry relative, which would make sense if daniella is in fact involved. this could also mean that adrian is involved. and i realy hope he doesnt turn out to be a bad guy. but the problem is, he had access to her room and also her stake.

anyway, i also remember when rose had another tarot reading and it sort of foretold, in vague terms, the queens death. it also said rose would go on a journey so i think rose will bust out of jail and look for lissas sister. maybe demitri or abe will bust her out? abe seemed pretty adimant about her not going to trial and that he wouldnt let anything happen to her and also the way demitri fought for her in the cafe says that he would also not let her be sentenced to death.

just my thoughts. lol. i have waaaaaaay too much time on my hands.

message 29: by Truthic (last edited Jul 02, 2010 03:29PM) (new)

Truthic | 323 comments Yeah, you're right. It is in Rose's nature to be reckless, but that jailbreak was just TOO much :P It was insane, but in the end it gave her what she wanted. I dunno, I feel like her character's not the one it used to be. All that pining over Dimitri, reminds me too much of Bella's obsession with Edward. That's not the Rose I knew... :( Hope she snaps out of it though.

And, ohhh. That theory with Jill sounds exciting. I can sense some sibling rivality.. Lissa'd sure hold on tight to Christian if that happend, haha! :D

About Daniella, I think that's pretty possible. I mean, it would all makes sense if she was the one. If I'm not mistaken Rose even told her once how much she hated the Queen.. And she probably wants her son to end up with a royal. And why did she seem so anxious when she and Adrian went to talk with Lissa & co after Rose was arrested?

I don't think an Ivashkov kan take on the title of the new King/Queen. I think that was said somewhere in one of the books. It has to be someone from the other families, since the last one was an Ivashkov and it can be two from the same family in a row.

I think Abe will free her, somehow. He's the snake after all ;) The question is who will come with her on her journey? Didn't the cards say something about a trusted friend? I really can't remember much :P

Anyways, sooo many questions and so few answers..

message 30: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments with rose, i think she just went a little nuts. some people are like that though. one relationship is the end of the world. this is why she was a little more out there than usual.

oh i know that a new ivashkov cant just be the new king/queen im just saying it would give them a position of power because theres a seat for each family. and the seats were pretty 50/50. i wonder whos next in line.

but the queen also said in her letter that there were others who wanted to force all dhampirs, even bood whores and unpromised, to be gaurdians by any means necissary, even by using compulsion and that the younger age law was to prevent that so it makes me wonder if she was murdered to prove a point that the moroi need all the dhampirs. a dhampir draft. all they had to do was create panic and instability.

message 31: by Truthic (last edited Jul 02, 2010 04:05PM) (new)

Truthic | 323 comments Yeah, I remember that. The Queen had a heart despite everything that happend. I feel bad for not liking her while she was alive.

I guess it could be someone who's got a lot of influence in the court, someone who'd easily get the keys to Rose's room, to frame her for a murder she didn't even commit.

About the new dhampir laws, they are just crazy! If I were a dhampir I'd go on strike and bring the rest of the dhampirs with me. The moroi wouldn't have any other choice than to listen to our conditions! yey! Problem solved! 8)

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 9 comments Brittany wrote: "with rose, i think she just went a little nuts. some people are like that though. one relationship is the end of the world. this is why she was a little more out there than usual.

oh i know that..."

I agree !

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 9 comments Truthic wrote: "Yeah, I remember that. The Queen had a heart despite everything that happend. I feel bad for not liking her while she was alive.

I guess it could be someone who's got a lot of influence in the cou..."

:)

message 34: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments i dont think the dhampir could go on strike if they wanted to. the moroi run everything. its not like theres a dhampir representative. pus they depend on the moroi for their race. moroi could boycott dhampir/moroi intimate relations, not to mention itd be tough to refuse the moroi's decision if they used compulsion even though there was some moral issues with that. dhampirs totally get the shaft. maybe by the end of the last sacrifice, the dhampirs can be an independant system and run their own people and rose can be the queen. lol. or maybe lissa's spirit power can just fix the reproduction thing.... she gives life right? and if the moroi use to learn their powers for defence they wouldnt need as many dhampirs so its not like theyd have to worry about losing some dhampir who dont want to be gaurdians, even though some still would.

and p.s. im a zmey fan. abe seems like a badass. and i still wonder what he does for a living. rose's mom says hes a good man but every one else says hes like a mobster. maybe the mobster thing is a cover and hes like head of the moroi intelligence agency or something cause how else does he have so much control of the alchemists?

message 35: by Truthic (last edited Jul 03, 2010 03:24AM) (new)

Truthic | 323 comments Yeah, I know it's not that simple, but in my dreams, right? :D Their system is just so unfair. The moroi (most of them) treats the dhampirs like their lives are worth nothing. Gah, it makes me so mad. The moroi should definately learn to use their magic, if they do, the strigoi would have no chance!

I really hope that by the end of the last book, everyone will end up happy. And I want a fair system too!

I'm with you on being a Zmey fan. He's awesome. I wouldn't mind having a badass dad who could get me out of anything!! :D He's a mystery though, hope we get that cleared out. What we do know about him is that he's has a way of getting things the way he wants them. One way or the other ;)

message 36: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments sooooo i just heard this new theory and im thinking its worth a mention......... adrian is lissa's half brother. they both inherited spirit. and also in the book adrian asked his mom about lissa's dad which might not seem like much but then why was it necissary to be included in the book if it werent going to come into play later. plus you notice that adrians dad is kind of mean to adrian and maybe its because he knows its not his son?? and i thought it was kind of funny how the mom said lissa's dad was fine but then the dad was sayin how he liked to have a good time in vegas. kind of contradicting views. the more i think about it, the more i feel like it fits.

message 37: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments it would also make sense that the reason this was kept a secret was because of daniella and eric's affair would be a scandal.

message 38: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tweyant) Omg, I can't read this page, but really want to! I'm number 40-something at the library for this book! I'm tempted to just go out and buy it!

message 39: by Artemis, Head Mod! (last edited Jul 10, 2010 03:43AM) (new)

it is sooooooo goood if you do buy it, it is worth it!

message 40: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tweyant) I'll have to talk my mom into, but I think I must!

message 41: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol it is such a good book!

message 42: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tweyant) Haha! Yay!!! =-)) That makes me excited!

message 43: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

:D

message 44: by Namrata (new)

Namrata | 2 comments Ugh I wanna read this book so bad but it's not there in any of the bookstores where I live(forget about the libraries...) I'm gonna have to wait till next week to read it!!! It's killing me!!! Ohh and when is Last Sacrifice coming out??

message 45: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Dec 7 2010

message 46: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments NOO!!!!
Up to Brittanys comment up there about one of them dying:
I hate when they solve a love triangle with death! That means she didnt even chhoose-she picked the living one!
(haha, im not trying to be rude at all btw:)

message 47: by Looksie (new)

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) | 61 comments i agree, but i also hate when a good guy gets the shaft. it would suck if every guy met mason's fate but it would also suck if one of the guys turned into a jacob minus renesmee like if rose left adrian that would be sad. hes mopey enough as it is. sometimes a death is just easier. haha. i hope that doesnt happen but im just sayin. i like adrian and demitri. how do you choose between them??? unless a third guy comes along who blows them both outta the water. lol

message 48: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments Haha, maybe someone thats half adrian, half dimitri.. OR.. maybe one of them turns out to be gay- its better than death:)

I won't justify the way I live my life (twi-hard) | 72 comments When I started reading it, I was like please let them save dimitri! And they did finally. I hope and wish, Rose and Dimitri get back together. I like Adrian, but I think that Dimitri is better for Rose. They are a way better couple! And Adrian, he kind of slept with a lot of girls, and did drugs. Not good. And Dimitri wants the best for Rose. For Adrian I think Rose is just a fling.

message 50: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments this Dimitri situation is IRRITATING
To every boy, here is something you NEVER EVER EVER do:
Tell a girl you love them, become a vampire, move to Russia, try to get the girl to become a vampire, go insane and repeatedly try to kill the girl, be restored by her best friend, AND WANT NOTHING TO THE GIRL EVER AGAIN!
the results will be ugly.
I mean, gosh, Dimitri may as well as tore Rose's heart out of her chest, ripped it in half, run it over woth a semi truck, and burn the remains.!

« previous 1 3 4 5