YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Darkest Powers (The Summoning) > The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1)

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
What do you think of the spin off series?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think its going to be really good. I love anything Kelley Armstrong writes. Did you know that she's the #1 most followed author, here on goodreads?

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

no didn't though it is not surprising i love her books!!! i cant wait for the Gathering to come out!!!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here!

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol! were you glad Chloe ended up with Derrick

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...I haven't finished The Reckoning yet...but its okay :)

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

ohhhhh no im soooooooo sorrryy!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Its totally fine! I knew that it was gonna happen anyways, so..yeah. :D

message 9: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

still i am sooo sorry!!!

message 10: by Ginamarie (new)

Ginamarie (ginamariececilia) | 8 comments I was sooooo happy Chloe ended up with Derek...the last two pages of the book were the best part! I really hope they make an apperance in the Gathering. Im dying to read it. Have you guys read her other series? Im thinking of picking up her book new book Waking th Witch it comes out tomorrow.

message 11: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Does it? i have not read anything else by her thought i do have a copy of Bitten that i want to read. I love that Chloe ended up with Derek he is so sweet and they are perfect together! i really hope we see them in the Gathering!!!

message 12: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I cannot wait for this book to come out!!!!!

message 13: by Carina (new)

Carina | 16 comments Wow I had no idea that she was making a spin-off series! I'm so excited now :D

*Mrs. Brightside* ): Im reading The Awakening and didn't know Chloe was going to get with Derek yet..but I figured.

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

are sad she gets with Derek?

*Mrs. Brightside* NO! I honestly want Tori to get with Simon (:

message 17: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

have you read the whole book?? i dont want to spoil anything

*Mrs. Brightside* ..Mmm..Almost half way through the second book

message 19: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

ohhhhh okay so i wont spoil it for you! Such a good series how are you liking it?

*Mrs. Brightside* Meeeh, it's well..I like it

message 21: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

not a fan??

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 47 comments I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! i cant wait for the the gathering to come out!! <3 i have been dying to read it!!

message 23: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i know right!!!! it come out in April i think on the 5 or the 11th

*Mrs. Brightside* I'm a fan! I juuuust finished the book!! Like 10mins ago(: great!

message 25: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

isnt it a great series!!!

message 26: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 47 comments its an awesome series!!!!! i fell in love with these books!! cant wait for it to come out!!<3

*Mrs. Brightside* Yup..can't wait for the third

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 47 comments yeah.. i read all of them already...the book was so addicting..i couldnt put the book down <3

message 29: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i loved the series and i was totally hooked on the gathering after reading the little sneak peek of it at the end of The Reckoning!

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 47 comments i know !!!! :D cant wait!!! <3

message 31: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

April is soo far away Ugggggggg!!!!!!!

message 32: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 8 comments I actually like Armstrong's teen books better than her adult ones. I've never gotten the Clay/Elena love. I'm on the seat of my pants about The Gathering, but I'm also nervous it's not going to live up to the Darkest Powers books.

As for Kelley Armstrong being the #1 most followed, that's a bit misleading. At least, I remember reading that Sarah Rees Brennan is also listed as the #1 most followed. And, yup, I've double checked. They're both listed as #1.

message 33: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 17, 2011 03:25PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I read the first of her Women of the Otherworld and didn't see what all the Clay hype was about either. To be fair though, I probably didn't give it a fair shot since the story was so similar to the first book in Vincent's Shifter series and I thought that Vincent did it better (even though her book came later so no clue if there was some imitating going on there). Every time I ask people if I should continue with WoTO, I hear people say...well I liked these books in the series, but not these ones. If the series is that inconsistent, I doubt I'll go back to it.

The first two of the Darkest Powers trilogy that I did read were better than Bitten was, I agree.

message 34: by Ruby (last edited Jan 17, 2011 03:31PM) (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 8 comments From what I've heard of the WoTO series, the inconsistency comes from the fact that not all the books are about Clay and Elena, or even werewolves. Some of them have to do with witches, others with ghosts, and many of them have new, different heroes and heroines.

message 35: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I love her teen series i cant wait for the Gathering but from what i can tell from the excerpt at the end of the last book it looks really good!!

message 36: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay seriously this book is awesome!!!!

message 37: by Annie (new)

Annie (Anniegc) | 4 comments I just started reading it today and I'm loving it!! Her writing and character developement is fantastic!!
And it's set in Canada!! boooya!

message 38: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol I know right her books are amazing!!!

message 39: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Annie wrote: "I just started reading it today and I'm loving it!! Her writing and character developement is fantastic!!
And it's set in Canada!! boooya!"

how did you like the book???

message 40: by Corinne (new)

Corinne Yee (cyee) I haven't read the first trilogy, but after getting half-way through The Gathering, I'm definitely going to read those. I am really enjoying this book!

message 41: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 3 comments I loved the books the series was amazing!!!!So was the trilogy!

message 42: by Cheree (new)

Cheree (kumikoko) | 20 comments I really wanted to read more about Chloe and Derek.

I guess this one is okay---with the panther girl or something right? Yeah, its okay. If I'm talking about the same one lol

message 43: by Sallie (new)

Sallie Griffin (salliebelle) | 15 comments At first I didn't want to read this cause I wanted Chloe to continue you but I read it and it was good.

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Rees Brennan (other topics)