Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > New Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Looking for an awesome new Paranormal Romance series. Read many that just fall flat. Loved the "Blackdaggar Brotherhood" series. Many are just not up to par with this series. I don't like the girl slayer/hunter books either. Kind of sappy, if you ask me.

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments you need to read the night huntress series. that series is amazing. from the first 2 or 3 pages i couldnt put it down.

message 3: by Dani (new)

Dani | 5 comments i second that Night huntress is pretty good! And the Anita Blake series doesnt get sappy until the later books so i'd say that one...

after i read the BDB series i went straight into the The Breeds Series by Lora Leigh which i HIGHLY recommend

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments I would suggest Demonica series by Larissa Ione, Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian and Immortals after Dark by Kresley Cole

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments i second the demonica series. it is amazing! i loved it more so than BDB series. and the demonica series gets better and better every book. i still gotta read the fourth one though.

message 6: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments i also would recommend the chicagoland vampires series. they r really good. the moment i picked up the book i couldnt put it down. they have characters that will will love and a strong female character and hottie master vampire.

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill

message 7: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost? Read all mentioned above except Chicagoland Vampires. Did like the Demonica series by Larissa Ione ,Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian and Alexander Ivy's series also.

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigewaller) Mariya wrote: "i also would recommend the chicagoland vampires series. they r really good. the moment i picked up the book i couldnt put it down. they have characters that will will love and a strong female chara..."

I second this series. It took me a long time to pick it up because the title and cover are pretty corny but I was more than pleasantly surprised!!! It turned out I love them.

message 9: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) I just read the first book in the Chicagoland series and can't wait to get my hands on the second. I really enjoyed it.

message 10: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) And the 3rd Chicagoland Vamp book comes out July 6th. Yea!

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather | 60 comments Chicagoland Vamp is a must read. Ethan and Merit will keep you wanting more!!!

Catcher is dreamy!!!!

message 12: by Kaila (new)

Kaila (kailak) i dont know if these are included in this genre since technically they are YA but im about to start House of Night novels and i have heard they are amazing.

message 13: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Are the series by Rachel Caine and C.E. Murphy any good?

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Symko (csymko) | 16 comments The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine is excellent. I have read all of them.

message 15: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (lady2themax) | 109 comments Mariya wrote: "i second the demonica series. it is amazing! i loved it more so than BDB series. and the demonica series gets better and better every book. i still gotta read the fourth one though."

I haven't read Demonica series yet. Does each book have an HEA or is it kind of a coninuing story?

message 16: by Melanie (last edited Jun 17, 2010 04:37PM) (new)

Melanie Shawl | 32 comments The Shadow Guard books by Kim Lenox are really good. It is PNR with a historical twist to them.

Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1) by Kim Lenox So Still The Night (Shadow Guard, #2) by Kim Lenox Darker Than Night (Shadow Guard, #3) by Kim Lenox

message 17: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (lady2themax) | 109 comments Anyone read the Cin Craven series. It's only 3 books but I really liked them!

message 18: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Marilyn wrote: "Mariya wrote: "i second the demonica series. it is amazing! i loved it more so than BDB series. and the demonica series gets better and better every book. i still gotta read the fourth one though."..."

each book has a HEA. and its PNR. the story has the demon brothers from a hospital and each book is about each brother. so its kinda like BDB series, but in my opnion much better. i think you'll like them. i havent read the fourth yet, but i plan to soon, and the 5th and final book of the series comes out in august.

message 19: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Thanks everyone for the heads up!!

message 20: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments Oh well, looks as though the Demonica series will have to go back into my 'to-read' list. Obviously I didn't give them a big enough go.

Dont forget the Ilona Andrews series - wonderful!

message 21: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments Rachel Caine's Weather Warden books are also good, and I'm reading C.E. Murphy's Urban Shaman at the mo - it really rocks!

Other than that for PNR have you tried Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters?

message 22: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (lady2themax) | 109 comments Nairabell wrote: "Rachel Caine's Weather Warden books are also good, and I'm reading C.E. Murphy's Urban Shaman at the mo - it really rocks!

Other than that for PNR have you tried Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters?"

I've heard so much about the Dark Hunters but with so many books in the series and having others I want to read first, they will have to wait a while. Though I keep reading about this character called Artie and it doesn't make me want to read them. I will read the Demonica series before DH I would imagine. Sounds more like my type of book. I'm really enjoying the Midnight Breed series, the balance of everything is just about right for me in those books. I don't need sex in every chapter...lol!

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever, the Nighthuntress series! Cat and Bones are awesome! Cat is a kick-ass heroine and Bones is uber sexy. Its one of my favorite series.

message 24: by Juanita (new)

Juanita Jessa wrote: "I 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever, the Nighthuntress series! Cat and Bones are awesome! Cat is a kick-ass heroine and Bones is uber sexy. Its one of my favorite series."

I agree!

message 25: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (lady2themax) | 109 comments Jessa wrote: "I 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever, the Nighthuntress series! Cat and Bones are awesome! Cat is a kick-ass heroine and Bones is uber sexy. Its one of my favorite series."

Love me some "Bones"!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I totally agree about the Night Huntress series. Also I just finished reading Street Magic and would highly recommend that. Also maybe give Karen Chance's books ago, although these are more UF the PNR. The Immortals After Dark series is good by Kresley Cole and that is PNR.

message 27: by Julie (new)

Julie Anderson (juls719) | 1 comments I loved the Night Huntress series. I'm going to give the other series suggested here a try as well. I started reading Immortals After Dark and started with "Hunger Like No Other"...I felt a little lost like I started on the wrong book. Is there anther book I should read first, or did I not give it enough time to become clearer to me?

message 28: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (lady2themax) | 109 comments Julie wrote: "I loved the Night Huntress series. I'm going to give the other series suggested here a try as well. I started reading Immortals After Dark and started with "Hunger Like No Other"...I felt a littl..."

I started with Hunger Like No Other too, and at the time didn't realize that it was considered book 2. I've never read the first one either. Haven't really missed it...

message 29: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Sally wrote: "Oh well, looks as though the Demonica series will have to go back into my 'to-read' list. Obviously I didn't give them a big enough go.

Dont forget the Ilona Andrews series - wonderful!"

The "Kate Daniels" series of hers?

message 30: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Has anyone read Shiloh Walker's "Hunters" series? Any good?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you tried Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series? I just started them recently and I think they are brilliant.

message 32: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments If you want to read the first IAD book, try googling "The Warlord Want's Forever". I downloaded it for free from somewhere last month, sorry I can't remember where :( but it is out there.

message 33: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Shauna wrote: "Have you tried Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series? I just started them recently and I think they are brilliant."
yes, I have read those and they really are good.

message 34: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Nairabell wrote: "If you want to read the first IAD book, try googling "The Warlord Want's Forever". I downloaded it for free from somewhere last month, sorry I can't remember where :( but it is out there."
Thank you. I will look!!

message 35: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Happy to say, I have just finished the first in the series "Chicagoland Vampires" and I loved the first book,so on to the second! Thank you so much for the recommmendations!!!...........

message 36: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Cona wrote: "Happy to say, I have just finished the first in the series "Chicagoland Vampires" and I loved the first book,so on to the second! Thank you so much for the recommmendations!!!..........."

sooo happy u liked it! when i read the first couple pages i couldnt stop. the third book in the series doesnt come out til july 6 2010...kk.

message 37: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Yes, it was great. Just finished 'The Forest of Hands and Teeth" by Carrie Ryan. Really wierd book. Not one I would recommend. Going to start on Jeaniene Frost's NightHuntress series.

message 38: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Cona wrote: "Yes, it was great. Just finished 'The Forest of Hands and Teeth" by Carrie Ryan. Really wierd book. Not one I would recommend. Going to start on Jeaniene Frost's NightHuntress series."

Cona, you are going to LOVE the Night Huntress Series... It had me hooked from the first few pages.

:) Keep us posted on how you like it!

message 39: by Mariya (last edited Jun 22, 2010 12:16PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments oh, god. she's gonna be hooked on it as we are.

message 40: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Sure will. Got side tracked. Started Covet by JR Ward. Going to read this one next.

message 41: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Cona wrote: "Sure will. Got side tracked. Started Covet by JR Ward. Going to read this one next."

Let me know how Covet is... I haven't attempted it yet. Still finishing up Lover Mine. mmm sooo good!

message 42: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments I finished "Covet" By JR Ward last night and I really wasn't crazy about it. I got it free and that was the only reason I read it. In the middle of Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost and it is totally awesome. Love her writing style. Easy to follow and no u turns like in Covet. There were times in the book Covet where she would go to another character and it would totally lose you.

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments Cona, I had been hoping to really like Covet but it fell flat for me. Couldn't get into the characters, except for Dog..

message 44: by Mel W (last edited Jun 26, 2010 12:09AM) (new)

Mel W (melw) | 411 comments Now see I loved Covet and am looking forward to reading Crave :) I'm struggling to get back into the BDB series after reading Butch's story. I really liked Butch in the earlier stories and was really keen to read his book. Marissa just bugged the hell out of me so I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped to.

message 45: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 32 comments Mel W, I couldn't agree more. Marissa was so annoying that I haven't been able to pick another BDB book up.

message 46: by Mel W (last edited Jun 26, 2010 11:18AM) (new)

Mel W (melw) | 411 comments It killed the series for me unfortunately but I continue to buy them as they are released in MMP form in the hope that I'll get over my dislike of Marissa enough to pick up the series again. Although I'll probably have to start back at the beginning because I've forgotten a lot of what's going on ... think I'll skip Butch's story if I do :)

message 47: by Amanda (last edited Jun 26, 2010 12:29PM) (new)

Amanda The Book Slayer (amanda_the_book_slayer) | 111 comments Love/Could not put down:
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward BDB Series by J.R.Ward
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost
Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast HON series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz(she has new ones coming out YEA!)
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead (Great series even though YA)
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Shifter's series by Rachel Vincent
Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrain
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine (Great YA)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush,Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick (the next book is coming out in fall!)
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Wolves of Mercy series by Maggie Stiefvater (July Linger comes out! love her take on werewolves)
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Study series by Maria V. Snyder
The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Gardella Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Geason

Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Undead series by MaryJanice Davidson (great series if you are looking for vampires and a good laugh.)
Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) by Jennifer Rardin Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger (on edge, waiting for blameless)
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Aisling Grey series by Katie MacAlister
Playing With Fire (Silver Dragons, #1) by Katie MacAlister Silver Dragon series by Katie MacAlister

message 48: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Did finally get to and finished the first in the series by Jeaniene Frost " Night Huntress". Loved the first book. I love "Bones". .......I like the fact that this is a more "adult" type paranormal romance. Sorry but the "Twlight" and "BlueBloods" series is more for teens I think. Ok to read but want something that is more for my age. I loved the BDB series. I don't mind the sex as long as it is not over kill or covers up the story as some do.

message 49: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Just started Covet today...hopefully I'll like it.

Cona, have you read the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning? It's so good it's sinful.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Night Huntress Series! Aside from the Fever series, it's my absolute favorite!

:)

message 50: by Cona (new)

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments Kelleigh wrote: "Just started Covet today...hopefully I'll like it.

Cona, have you read the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning? It's so good it's sinful.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Night Huntress Series! Aside fr..."

Yes, I love KMM!! I have all her books. I especially love any books about the Highlands (Scotland) because of my ancestry!!........I navigate toward adult PNR and Historical Romance. I just finished "Covet" by JR Ward and I wasn't really that crazy about it.

« previous 1