Ladies who love Laurell discussion

A Lick of Frost

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
So just a little bit longer guys for the next Merry book. Laurel has the first 2 chapters up now on her website. Go check those out and tell me what you think so far.

message 2: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments It's been so loing since the last book that it took me a minute to remember what was going on, but halfway through th efirst chapter, i was like "oh yea". I still love Doyle (Doyle for king!) but it's nice to see Frost come out of his shell a little, and speak up when it would be of help to Merry. I hope that Taranis goes down for all the BS he's causing, and has caused, and that lady whats-her-face goes down for falsely accusind Doyle, frost and Galen.

Can't wait til October, we're alsost there!!
I think i'l reread the others in the meantime though...

message 3: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) I pre-ordered this months ago and I'm just waiting for it to show up in my mailbox. I definitely want to read the others beforehand though. I used to do that with the Anita books but now there are just too many to re-read them all when a new one comes out. :)

message 4: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments Oh yes re-reading as we speak...
All i have to say is...
i can't wait, i can't wait, i can't wait!!!!!
3 more weeks, could it go by any slower??
Does anyone have access to ARC's???
I can't stand it!! I need hints!!!
(i'm so bad, but i just can't wait!!!)

message 5: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments 5 days is too long!!!

message 6: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:14PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Oh that would be so awesome to have an Advanced readers copy of that book. I've recieved them before for some of Kim Harrison's books and Kelly Armstrongs but not Laurel. Sigh oh well. Atleast I'll be able to get it at midnight of the release again. I work at a bookstore guys so I got the conections heehee.

message 7: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments Okay Stacy, i KNOW you finished it!!
I can't get to a bookstore until Saturday (it's killing me, i tried to send my husband, but he won't go!)
I NEED some deets!

message 8: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Oh yes I finished I finished! actually this was the fastest I've ever finished a book holly crap I couldn't put it down. Let's just say that the entire series is never going to be the same after this book. Holy crap again! I refuse to speak details until I know everyone has read it. But golly you guys need to finish this book because we are going to be discussing it for days. UGHHHHH ok one tiny detail Taranis is a butt hole!!!!!!

message 9: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments I saw it at B&N last night!! I was so tempted, but I'm getting the library copy. Any day now!!!

message 10: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments I just finished it!! And all I have to say is WOW! What an ending!! What's next for Merry and her men?

message 11: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Ok that's it I will not, not talk about this anymore. What is hapening with Frost. What do you guys think will happen. This was really a great book in the series much better than the last one. So Merry is preggers. I am soo glad all those men are the father. I wonder how the queen is going to react when she finds out mistral is one of the fathers.

message 12: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments Oh my god!!!
I hope Frost comes back! Even though he's moody, i mean he's one of the fathers! I'm so glad Sholto is also one. I have no idea what's going to happen! Do you think the Seelie will continue to pursue her as queen? Do you think Andais will be prepared to step down now? I mean that was the deal right? Twins! I have to say, when Taranis first attacked, i was really scared for Doyle. (Doyle for king, yes it's finally true!!) But was so relieved how it turned out. Oh! Do you think Merry will get her own court, based in LA? All the wild magic that night with the Red Caps, wasn't that creating a new sithen? I'm not sure now. Oh well, guess i'll just go reread!
The most awesome one yet!

message 13: by Stacy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Yep I agree this one is definetly up there. I think that Merry is going to create her own sithen in LA she isn't safe at the other one anymore. She isn't going to abandon all of the things she created in the unseelie court I think they are just going to come to her there. And yes I think she is going to become queen of both courts. She has made a conection with the seelie now and something needs to be done for them. I am very glad all of those men are the fathers. I knew something needed to be done to protect them all. And no way is this the end of frost. It can't be he is wayyyyyy to important for him not to come back.

message 14: by Cat Singh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments Is being queen of both courts allowed? That would be awesome, but i don't know if Andais would allow the Unseelie to be that closely connected to the Seelie. How do you think the Slaugh are going to react to Sholto being one of the unseelie kings? Will Ash and Holly ever have their turn with Merry? Will they turn Shide if they do? Will Andais give up Mistral? What if she killed him by accident, doing to him what she did to Crystall? Damn... I have too many questions, and it's going to be too long before i get any answers...