Alex Rider Readers discussion

Scorpia

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So how was Scorpia? I liked it the most, tied with Ark Angel.

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Oh, real key lime pie is so great. It's one of those things that has to be done just right, I don't have a recipe for you, I've never attempted to make it. But good luck! You're so brave!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

scorpia was cool especially when alex is at the assassin training place.

message 4: by Krithika (new)

Krithika | 58 comments Mod
I liked the part when Alex dressed up as a pizza delivery guy and tried to "kill" Mrs. Jones.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori So easy! Oh boy, hello Key Lime pie.

Donna, something tells me you are a fabulous cook. I just got from the library one of your highly recommended cookbooks to check out before I buy. I'm so sick of my usual recipes.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I started rereading it today.

message 7: by Krithika (new)

i also liked the part when he went into the school.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the entire thing. My favorite part was at the church where he had to knock down the sattellite dishes.

message 9: by Krithika (last edited Jun 22, 2008 10:14AM) (new)

that part was awesome! u never knew if he would fall or not on the hot air balloon.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! And there was still the factor of time!

message 11: by Novin (new)

Novin | 34 comments Mod
yeah...Scorpia was really good .I finished it yesterday (after a long "break!!!!" not reading it, i finished it in nearly 2 nights staying awake reading...'cuase i really wanned to read it & couldn't find the time) I liked most of the parts it was cool esp. the part that he was in the church of forgotten saints trying to stop the sattelite dishes & also when he dressed up as the pizza delivery guy(you've alredy said these!!) And if there weren't two other books remaining, I was nearly sure that Alex was dead! well going to start Ark Angel!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the ending before Ark Angel was out, and I was sure that was the end of the series.

message 13: by Novin (new)

Novin | 34 comments Mod
wow...that's too bad!I would've died!

message 14: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) my fav in the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

It was my fav. too, tied with Ark Angel.

message 16: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rahrah) This is a low fat version that won't challenge your waistline. It's from Weight Watchers. Enjoy!

1/4 c water
1 package (4-serving) sugar free lime flavor gelatin
2 containers (6 oz) fat free key lime pie yogurt
1 tub (8 oz) fat free whipped topping
1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust

In microwave safe mixing bowl, heat water for 45 seconds to 1 min 15 seconds or until boiling. Whisk in gelatin until dissolved.

Whisk in yogurt and blend well. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.

Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.

Yield: 8 servings

message 17: by Will (new)

Will Kester I LOVE Keylime pie! I just eat it where they make it well--Florida.

I do make lime cheesecake, here in New Mexico, but have never tried to make keylime pie, here. My friends love something I call "refrigerator lime delight." I whip a can of frozen concentrated lime juice and a packeage of lemon jello into a package of cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk, pour it over crushed oreo or graham cracker crust and refrigerate it, then top it with whipped cream (sometimes) as I serve it. It's cheap, easy, quick, and people scarf it and ask for more. Hey, how bad can that be?

message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz I use the basic recipe from _The Joy of Cooking_ and it's easy and perfect.

message 19: by Whizzy (new)

Whizzy | 3 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Lisa, I'm pretty new to Goodreads but am addicted to it already. I'm from Scotland and I've just returned back home following a glorious 2 weeks in Florida. My husband and I tri..."
Hi,
I'm not particularly sure but I'll try and find out sorry

message 20: by Whizzy (new)

Whizzy | 3 comments is this alright