What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Jane
This topic is about Jane
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Novel about woman named Jane, casual sexual affairs, set in London, probably 1970s [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (RebeccaForrest) | 16 comments I'm looking for a novel probably written in the 1970s. The main character is a woman named Jane who lives in London (I think). She has casual sexual relationships with several men at once. I think it's the sort of Guy1-on-Tuesday, Guy2-on-Wednesday thing.

One of her lovers is a would-be peeping tom or burglar who falls into her apartment through a skylight. Another of her lovers is a black man (Jane is white).

She ends up pregnant and doesn't know by whom. By then, she's definitely in love with one of her lovers, and finding out who the baby's father is becomes a major concern for her.

The word "Jane" might be in the title. Hope you can help!

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments The book is called JANE by Dee Wells. Written in 1973.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (RebeccaForrest) | 16 comments Thanks for the information, Brenda. The title AND the author! Excellent.

"JANE" by Dee Wells, written in 1973

Rebecca

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (RebeccaForrest) | 16 comments How do I move this topic to a Solved folder?

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Jun 16, 2010 02:49PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Rebecca,

At the end of your topic title you'll see an "(edit)" link. Click on that and you can choose the proper folder, such as adult fiction, then select the folder you want, and then click save.

If you have any problem post back here and I'll be happy to move this folder to its correct thread.

Thanks!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (RebeccaForrest) | 16 comments Rebecca, thanks. Got it!

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Rebecca wrote: "Thanks for the information, Brenda. The title AND the author! Excellent.

"JANE" by Dee Wells, written in 1973

Rebecca"

You're Welcome Rebecca - I remember reading this years ago and thinking that the Jane character was very cosmopolitan and witty. I wonder if it would seem dated now.