The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Bronze Horseman (IMDb) 2012!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 748) (748 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Mara (new)

Mara | 19 comments So out of curiosity, I checked if there's a file on IMDb for The Bronze Horseman movie since I heard Paullina Simons is writing the screenplay. And guess what?! There is something! Not much but something:

Genre
Drama

Plot Summary
A sweeping love story set against the backdrop of the brutal 900 day Siege of Leningrad

Director
Andy Tennant

Writers
Ross Kettle (screenplay)
Paullina Simons (author)

Producer
Andy Tennant

I couldn't access this on my laptop but I got it from the IMDb app for my iPod Touch.

This is extremely exciting!

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Wow! To see Alexander and Tatiana come to life. How exciting!

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 2 comments I can't wait to see this on a movie...I am only worried about the casting? Is there anyone who could fit these two characters? I don't think it should be anyone already known...Tatiana would have to be too young or at least looking too young and as for Alexander...well who could impersonate him? Do any of you have any ideas???

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments I have a one-person-campaign going for Zachary Levi as Alexander... But that's cos I have a little crush on him ;) Part of me is actually wanting unknowns to play the parts - that way I wouldn't be influenced by their past or personal lives. I mean if a world-renowned twat played Alexander, well that would just be devastating!

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Vicky wrote: "I can't wait to see this on a movie...I am only worried about the casting? Is there anyone who could fit these two characters? I don't think it should be anyone already known...Tatiana would have t..."

I'm not to worried about casting of Alexander because I would love him no matter what he looked like.
However, I need Tatiana to be spot on to be worthy of Alexanders love and mine lol. I have to love her or it will just ruin it for me.

message 6: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 549 comments Mod
I can't wait for this movie either Ladies! I do worry a little bit about the casting as well. Hopefully the actors will be true to the descriptions in the books.

message 7: by AJ (new)

AJ | 29 comments They have to be unknowns. Anybody too famous would ruin it I think. They have to be very careful with their casting because there are a lot of dedicated fans out here!!!!
I'm relieved that Paullina is involved in the screenplay, so it will hopefully stay true to the book.

message 8: by Alycia (new)

I completely agree Aj. I can't picture any current actress at Tatiana. And I hope they get Alexander right!

message 9: by AJ (new)

AJ | 29 comments They are big shoes to fill - after all we're all so madly in love with him, he has to look just right (and be able to act of course!)

message 10: by Alycia (new)

So true Aj

message 11: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (franki07) | 5 comments As everyone would agree, I think Henry Cavill would be a perfect Alexander Belov/Barrington. I also think Mia Wasikowska would be an excellent choice for Tatiana. I think she has the innocent, yet beautiful look for Tatia.

message 12: by Sophie3499 (new)

Sophie3499 | 1 comments I think Emily Browning, with her 'pulpy' lips, pale skin, freckles and round face would be perfect for tatiana... just needs to dye her hair blonde. I am pretty sure everyone will be disappointed in who they choose, we all have our own little images on our heads of alexander... btw... the movie will need to be R rated lol

message 13: by Alycia (new)

Lol, I agree love scenes need to be included in the movie. Emily Browning would make a good Tatiana after her hair was dyed!

message 14: by AJ (new)

AJ | 29 comments Hey - what do we think about Jake Gyllenhaal for Alexander? He seems young, but remember that Alexander is only in his early 20s. Although Henry Cavill also works for me!!!

message 15: by Moni (new)

Moni | 79 comments OMG Henry Cavill!!! (drool) He's my vote all the way. I got hooked on the Tudors, some of the girls on here recommended it. He's so dreamy and my Alexander all the way..lol I feel like I am 13..lol

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

l would have to agree too that the roles should be played by unknown actors. And l have agree that Henry Cavill needs to play Alexander ( HOT !!! )l had a look to see what Emily Browning looks like. The face perfect to play Tatiana but the body doesn't match the description of her in the book...Tatiana is short, petite, with ample breasts, Emily Browning not entirely the case. What can l say very picky as to who should play this vital role in the movie....

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Jake Gyllenhaal ?? l think if The Prince of Persia or Brokeback Mountain.... don't think so, nice try. My vote would and still is Henry Cavill as Alexander and Amanda Seyfried should play Tatiana. Yes l know people out there will disagree..

message 18: by AJ (new)

AJ | 29 comments Actually Amanda Seyfried is right physically, she could probably do an ok job at it.
Right, so Henry and Amanda it is.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments I'm still gunning for Zachary Levi as Alexander - he has the eyes and height...

message 20: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (locustmom) Henry Cavill has my vote as Alexander!!! He is the sexiest thing on the planet! And his face shows so much emotion which will be so important with the subject matter. Haven't given much thought to who could play Tatiana but she would have to be very young.

message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Aj wrote: "Actually Amanda Seyfried is right physically, she could probably do an ok job at it.
Right, so Henry and Amanda it is."

Tatiana is very small, thin. Not that Amanda is not but I just watched Dear John last night (almost as bad as the book) and she is curvy )not fat beautiful but not Tatiana.

message 22: by AJ (new)

AJ | 29 comments Kelly wrote: "Aj wrote: "Actually Amanda Seyfried is right physically, she could probably do an ok job at it.
Right, so Henry and Amanda it is."

Tatiana is very small, thin. Not that Amanda is not but I ..."

Yeah that was a pretty bad book wasn't it! I was expecting a lot more.
Anyway - on to more exciting conversation, I definitely think Tatiana needs to be an unknown.

message 23: by Alycia (new)

I have a friend who wants me to read the book. After seeing the movie, I am not in a hurry to read it. I dis convince her to tell me the end of the book. I didn't like the movie because there was no HEA and the ending wad left too open ended. I felt cheated. I have liked a couple movies made from Sparks book but it seems like every time now there is a new release, the movie is being made.

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Alycia wrote: "I have a friend who wants me to read the book. After seeing the movie, I am not in a hurry to read it. I dis convince her to tell me the end of the book. I didn't like the movie because there was n..."

The Notebook
and A Walk to Remember
are two of my favorite movies.
I never read AWTR and read The Notebook after I saw the movie and I love the movie more, still and always!

Ryan Gosling.... sigh
I have a girl crush on Rachel too.

Yes Dear Johns ending different from book but better as HEA's go but not much. In my mind they are together but I want it spelled out for me!

Unknown for T&A I agree!

message 25: by Alycia (new)

Kelly wrote: "Alycia wrote: "I have a friend who wants me to read the book. After seeing the movie, I am not in a hurry to read it. I dis convince her to tell me the end of the book. I didn't like the movie beca..."

I liked both books and movies as well Kelly! I love Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams too!!!

message 26: by AJ (new)

AJ | 29 comments Yeah the Notebook is a sensational movie and Ryan and Rachel are great together - and that kiss at the MTV movie awards was just brilliant!
Good movies can come from books, it's just very rare.

message 27: by Alycia (new)

I agree Aj!

message 28: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments What about Alexander Skarsgard, plays Eric on True Blood...?? He's tall and i think he looks like Shura!!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm426079104...

message 29: by Alycia (new)

I am such a fan of Skarsgard, but he has blond hair. That is an interesting suggestion Leea! Although you don't want to look at him and think Eric Northman when you are watching Shura. :)

message 30: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 2 comments I didn't know this guy..but I saw his picture...nice but not Alexander for me...
He has to have black hair...and look more masculine

message 31: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Fans, including myself, have discussed this on a feed on the site: http://paullinasimons.com/forum/viewf...
If you haven't checked it out already, please do so, it's great!!

My casting suggestions are:

Alexander:
Danila Kozlovsky - Russian actor, born 1985, 25 (If the movie is done in Russian with English Subtitles - another issue to consider)
or Henry Cavil - Brittish actor, born 1983, 27
But I must admit that Zach Levy has those perfect eyes, creme brulee ;)
I have suggested others, but most are either models who have features like shura (unfortunately no acting experience)or they are too old to play a 22 yr old.

For tatiana:
Emilie de Ravin - australian actress, born, 1981, 29
Teresa Palmer - australian actress, born 1986, 24
Elisabeth Harnois - american actress, born 1979, 31
Katrina Bowden - 22
...obviously age is another issue

Dasha:
Margarita Levieva - russian born american actres, born 1980, 30
Mary Elizabeth Winstead - 26

Dimitri:
Ed Westwick - born 1987, 23
Hans Matheson - born 1975, 35

Pasha:
Gael Garcia Bernal

Anthony:
Robbie Amell

...just some sugfgestions :)haha

message 32: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (franki07) | 5 comments Ok, I have looked at a lot of people, but I feel like this would be the perfect cast.

Alexander - Henry Cavill
Tatiana - Olesya Rulin
Dasha - Hayley Atwell
Dimitri - Daniel Bruhl

I sincerely hope they get the casting right for this movie. They need to tell the story well and part of that is choosing the right actors.

message 33: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (locustmom) Rebekah wrote: "Ok, I have looked at a lot of people, but I feel like this would be the perfect cast.

Alexander - Henry Cavill
Tatiana - Olesya Rulin
Dasha - Hayley Atwell
Dimitri - Daniel Bruhl

Regekah-- Henry Cavill has always been my Alexander. And my husband thinks I watch the Tudors for the "history". No way-- it's for Henry!!

I sincere..."

message 34: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (locustmom) Kathleen wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "Ok, I have looked at a lot of people, but I feel like this would be the perfect cast.

Alexander - Henry Cavill
Tatiana - Olesya Rulin
Dasha - Hayley Atwell
Dimitri - Daniel Bruhl

..."

Rebekah-- sorry I just misspelled your name-- apologies

message 35: by Erin (new)

Erin | 1 comments Rebekah wrote: "Ok, I have looked at a lot of people, but I feel like this would be the perfect cast.

Alexander - Henry Cavill
Tatiana - Olesya Rulin
Dasha - Hayley Atwell
Dimitri - Daniel Bruhl

I sincere..."

I completely agree with Rebekah on the casting for "The Bronze Horseman"! Henry Cavill IS Alexander!
I hope they make this a movie all of us fans will be proud of!!

message 36: by Miss (new)

Miss (MissButterfly) | 3 comments This book became an obsession; my life was actually complete when the trilogy was on my shelf!

In reply to Chrissy:
I've seen the fan-made trailers, I've followed the suggested casts from nearly every discussion board i could find and nobody has come up with a more spot-on Alexander (Danila Kozlovsky), Dasha (Margarita Levieva),Dimitri(Hans Matheson- He actually looks mean!) or Pasha (Gael Garcia Bernal)

Paullina Simons paints impeccably with her words, she paints emotions and details so necessary to the story, it will be an all-time bummer if they ruin this book (Like they have others).
...I swear I'll sue! lol :)

message 37: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments In reply to Miss:
Thank you! I'm so happy you like my sugestions, I'm am just still unsure about Tania, i have a few more people who perhaps look like her, but you also need to consider their acting ability... They have to be able to act, otherwise their is no point in making the movie!! Oh and chemistry, Alexander and Tatiana MUST have the fiery hot chemistry!! ;)

message 38: by Amy1611 (new)

Amy1611 | 4 comments Oh man....that Danila Kozlovsky is absolutely perfect!!!!!
He seriously is the Alexander out of my head!

message 39: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (locustmom) How wrong I was!!! I thought Henry Cavill was perfect for Alexander-- but Danila Kozlovsky IS ALEXANDER. He has something in his eyes like a tortured soul or someone bent on surviving at whatever the cost? Or something really moving. Can't stop staring at him!

message 40: by Miss (new)

Miss (MissButterfly) | 3 comments Exactly Amy and Kathleen, i think Chrissy has actually seen my mind's eye also on that Alexander suggestion. :)

Alexander is young, but living his life, he's already a man at 22, so can't be a pretty-boy actor in a soldier's uniform: Cannot wait to see Danila bring Alexander to life.
(May i bring up Dasha again also? Its just that, Margarita Levieva is exactly what I've pictured in my head while reading her appearance- and what was considered radiant at that time, and in that country.)

Chrissy, although i agree that passion is essential: They reaaaallly need to get Tania's innocence right.

One of the main reasons you fall in love with her is because of the very dignified transition she makes from child to woman in extreme circumstances.

She has to look smart and observant, not just cute and pretty. Really has to be someone who grows on you, not someone who captivates you straight away. So cant just be another blond actress with pump lips :p
Although from what I've seen, your suggestions are on their way to making this a 3D book for me very soon (movie or no movie)
Seems we read the same people, so i cant wait to see some more of your Tatianas. :D

ps. Elisabeth Harnois is maybe the closest Tatiana so far.

message 41: by Chrissy12 (last edited Sep 22, 2010 02:43AM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments If you havent already please check out these fan-made trailers...they are to die for!!
http://www.videosurf.com/video/the-br...

and then there are more down the side.
ENJOY!!
Let me know which one you like the best??

Personally my favourite is the one from the link, the music is just perfect, the song of the man singing for the war scene made me literally shed a tear... it is perfect!!

or the one with Danila & Emilie de Ravin :)

message 42: by Chrissy12 (last edited Sep 22, 2010 02:51AM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Danila is my number one at the moment too, he is Russian though, so if it is going to be done in English, I am not quite sure if he can speak it well or at all. Hmmm...I hope so, fingers crossed!!

as for Tatiana I still can not decide on one, it is soo hard. There are so many things to consider, their looks, height, innocence (like what Miss said), acting ability, voice...and the list goes on.

But here are some suggestions that are on my list from the Paullinasimons.com website, thanks guys!
Elisha Cuthbert
Hannah Davis (a model)
Amber Heard
Jennifer Lawrence
Hayden Panettiere

I have a top 5 (in no particular order):
1. Elisabeth Harnois
2. Dianna Agron
3. Emilie de Ravin
4. Ayla Kell
5. Teresa Palmer

Olesya Rulin is an interesting choice, will have to see her in Blonde hair to make sure.

message 43: by Miss (new)

Miss (MissButterfly) | 3 comments Ooo i got goose-bumps :)

Its a shame this Sasha Pivovarova girl is only a model, she's a definite Tatiana in the trailer (minus the blue eyes, but so what :P)

message 44: by Naima (new)

Naima (nearhere) | 5 comments OMG OMG OMG OMG Bronze Horseman the MOVIE!!!!!!!

HOW AWESOME!!

I wonder if they will be following the story up to the Summer Garden. I have no thoughts on casting but it would be really nice if they used unknown actors.

message 45: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Hehehe I'm glad I am not the only one who gets goosebumps watching the trailers :)

Yeah I thought Sasha looked great in that trailer tpp Miss, but I don't think she is becoming an actress anytime soon.

I agree with you Naima! Unknown actors are the way to go, bring them up to fame by the awesome success of the movie, I'm sure TBH fans won't let them down.

message 46: by Amy1611 (new)

Amy1611 | 4 comments What about Rachel Hurd Wood maybe?
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgur...

My inability to make a link may upset some people haha.
She is young and if blonde I think she could have that look Tatiana needs.

Though I think my dream cast is Danila and Mia Wasikowska! Though Emily De Ravin would have been spot.on. if she was 10 years younger...

message 47: by Amy1611 (new)

Amy1611 | 4 comments Oh look at that, it automatically linked it for me! Thanks computer.

message 48: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments Oh my goodness, she's the most accurate Tatiana looking actress I've seen so far. Her eyes and lips are spot on. Nothing that a bottle of peroxide couldn't fix up :)

message 49: by Alycia (new)

Amy1611 wrote: "What about Rachel Hurd Wood maybe?
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgur......"

I like her!

message 50: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Amy1611, Rachel is Tatiana!

She has that classic beauty that would suit the 1940's so well, plus she is not too famous, looks innocent and has facial features that I imagined Tatiana has when reading. Except are her eyes blue or green? I can't quite tell.
Well Done!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One for the Money (other topics)
Fifty Shades Darker (other topics)
Fifty Shades of Grey (other topics)
Fifty Shades Freed (other topics)
Outlander (other topics)
More...