Disney Musicals/Movies discussion

Favorite Disney Movie Sequels

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 10 comments I agree with what most people say...the sequels to Disney movies sucked. For the most part anyway. I have a few that I actually really like.

1. The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
The storyline mirrored the first almost exactly. But the music was good and I liked the new characters almost as much as the familiar faces.

2. The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
I really liked how Ariel's daughter was the opposite of her (how she wanted to be in the sea instead of on land). It was a cute story and the songs were alright.

3. Mulan II
I liked how the writers incorporated the princesses who stood up to their patriarchal father and decided to marry who they chose. Also, Mushu is hilarious!

4. Toy Story 2
So it wasn't the best sequel, but I still liked the fact that they incorporated Woody's "heritage" I guess you could say. It was a neat touch. And of course the animation was incredible again.

5. The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning
Again, I liked the glimpse into Ariel's past. Learning how life was before she dreamt of land was kinda cool. Although, I have to admit the music wasn't as good as it could have been.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the sequels they actually liked?

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I agree with Toy Story II...and Lion King II.
Hmm...
The Rescuers Down Under...>_< I can't remember the small details on why though since I own it on VHS and my VCR is still busted.

message 3: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 10 comments Yeah The Rescuers Down Under is an awesome movie :) I almost liked that one better than the original! I totally forgot about it :)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments It's okay, I forgot a lot of movies.

message 5: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 10 comments If you go to disneymovieslist.com they have all the Disney movies ever made listed there lol

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments My computer doesn't like it.
But I at least know 90% of their movies.

message 7: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 10 comments Oh well that's too bad your computer won't let you see everything...

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments It's fine.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 22 comments I liked these ones:

The Lion King: Simba's Pride
The Little Mermaid: Return To The Sea
Mulan 2
Toy Story 2 and 3

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked The Lion King 1 1/2...

Mulan 2 was okay...

Toy Story 2 was awesome...

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (mrskitty) | 6 comments The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Toy Story 2 and 3
Bambi 2

message 12: by Remorse_Blue (new)

Remorse_Blue | 11 comments The Lion King2:Simba's Pride
The Emperor's New Groove 2: Kronk's New Groove
Mulan 2
The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2
The Lion King 1½
Pocahontas 2: Journey to the New World

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 72 comments Mulan 2
Lady and the Tramp 2
The Little Mermaid 2

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) Mulan 2
Pocahauntas 2 (not sure if spelling is right)

message 15: by Leah (new)

Leah | 10 comments Little Mermaid 2
The other Lion Kings (2 and 1 and a half)
Toy Story 2 and 3 (3 was EPIC!)

Is there seriously a Little Mermaid 3?!