Disney Musicals/Movies discussion

Favorite Disney Movies

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 10 comments When I was younger I loved Disney movies. I feel like now they are getting way too off track of their original masterpieces. There's nothing like sitting down to watch a good old Disney Classic...it's comforting and reminds us all of a simpler time when our biggest decision was what was for lunch and what we were going to do at recess. So what are your favorite CLASSIC Disney movies?

Here are mine:
1. Beauty and the Beast
I literally thought I WAS Belle. I had this movie on VHS and I watched it about 100 times a day! I still know all the words to the songs even though I'm almost 20.

2. The Lion King
So this movie was pretty much one of the best Disney films ever made! Am I right? Aside from the music and the storyline, the characters were awesome. I still love watching this movie anytime.

3. The Little Mermaid
I have two words: the songs. The music of this Disney classic was basically amazing! All of the songs were fun to sing and I enjoyed the whole movie immensely.

4.Aladdin
A Whole New World? I think so. And I loved every minute of the genie, Abu, Jasmine and crazy Iago (who was in fact based on the famous Iago from Othello, one of the greatest villains of all time).

5. Pocahontas
A love story about accepting others no matter what their culture or skin color, and learning to appreciate Mother Nature. A film with great messages for kids all around, not to mention really catchy songs.

6. Alice in Wonderland
Alright, so many people associate this film with drug references and some say that it scared them to death. But I pretty much loved it. The characters were interesting and it was just fun to watch.

7. The AristoCats
Jazz-singing cats. What's not to love? Not to mention it's set in France with a supporting cast of hilarious animal and human characters alike.

8. Hercules
One song made this movie for me...and it was "Go the Distance". An inspiring song to go along with an even more inspiring movie.

9. Mulan
The most feminist movie I think Disney has ever made. I mean, a young girl outshining all the male soldiers in the army to save her country (pretty much single-handedly)? LOVE IT!

10. Toy Story
Alright, so this is a Disney/Pixar movie but come on! You know you all loved this movie too. The animation, along with the story, was truly amazing! I still watch this movie all the time. And I can't WAIT for Toy Story 3 to come out very soon :)

message 2: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Jun 16, 2010 11:09AM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I agree with all of those...except for The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas.

Also on the point of Alice in Wonderland: The book is 50% rhythming. And does anyone remember they're dreams, they tend to be messed up in many ways.

Sorry.
I would say my number one favorite Disney movie is
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - It dwells on adult themes such as lust. And they changed the ending from what it was in the book...that and they swear, that always made me happy. (stupid addicting soundtrack)

I also can't wait for Toy Story 3...but only if it is being showed in for 2-d and 3-d, because I have over sensative eyes and 3-d really hurts to watch.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

yep

message 4: by Ariel (last edited May 29, 2011 07:11AM) (new)

Ariel Stone (ArielStone) | 3 comments I'm gonna list them all down, since I have so many, and they're not in any particular order:

*The Sorcerer's Apprentice
*Pirates of the Caribbean series
*The Great Mouse Detective
*The Black Cauldron
*The Aristocats
*The Fox and the Hound
*Toy Story series
*Ratatouille
*National Treasure series
*Bolt
*Tangled
*The Little Mermaid
*The Lion King
*The Hunchback of Notre Dame
*The Sword in the Stone
*Treasure Planet
*Sleeping Beauty
*Tron
*Tron: Legacy
*The Rescuers
*The Rescuers Down Under
*The Brave Little Toaster
*Oliver and Company
*Finding Nemo
*Valiant
*The Nightmare Before Christmas
*The Chronicles of Narnia series
*Alice in Wonderland (animated)
*Alice in Wonderland (live-action, Tim Burton)
*The Princess and the Frog
*Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

-Yes, I'm a huge Disney freak, and been one since I was a kid, especially since my deceased mother was also a Disney fanatic, so i picked it up from her. lol ;)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I'll make a list of all the Disney movies I own later...too busy and I have to be quiet.

message 6: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Mulan, Cars, Tangled, Treasure Planet. That's my statement.

message 7: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 10 comments Just watched Tangled recently and it is such a great movie! I loved it! One of the best "new" Disney movies that has been released in the last little while!

The part with the lanterns is my favorite <3

message 8: by Krista (new)

Krista | 99 comments Treasure Planet is my all time favorite disney movie. I have seen it so many times that I can quote practically the entire thing. :)

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (lilliecat) | 90 comments Mod
Brittany: I LOVE Tangled! I completely agree it's one of the best to have recently come out. I've see it five times at least. :) "I See the Light" with the lanterns and the boats has GOT to be the best part of the whole film.

Wow, I didn't even notice that I hadn't posted in here yet. Hmm, favorites...

Well, Tangled, like I said. That's my top favorite right now.

However, Mary Poppins is, in general, my favorite Disney movie of all time.

After that, in no particular order (I'm probably leaving some out, as I can't remember which of my favorite films are actually Disney off the top of my head)...

*Pirates of the Caribbean* (All four, but especially the first; the other three are only okay.)
*Alice in Wonderland* (the most recent one - that one was Disney, right? Along with Tim Burton?)
*The Lion King* (Both one and two, but one is better, of course)
*Beauty and the Beast*
*The Little Mermaid* (The second was all right)
*Mulan*
*Cinderella*
*The Princess and the Frog*
*Aladdin* (I thought all three were great, but the first is the best, of course)
*The Hunchback of Notre Dame* (Great movie, even though it was NOTHING like the book)
*Oliver and Company*
*Robin Hood*
*The Aristocats*
*Pinocchio*
*Tarzan*
*Every Winnie the Pooh movie/TV episode ever*
...And probably a bunch of others that I'm leaving out.

message 10: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Oh yeah.... I had the hots for Tarzan, Jim, Alladin and Captian Phebos : )

message 11: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) and then I met Japanese Anime!

message 12: by Brianna (new)

My boyfriend is trying to get me into Japanese Anime, but so far he's only succeeded with Ouran High School Host Club and Vampire Night... And I only like those because they appeal to my obsession with anything dramatic/romantic/gushy/etc.

Wooops, off-topic. Hehe. Ummm... Yeah, I used to like Phoebus, until I read the book, and...he's pretty much a big fat double-crossing jerk, which kind of ruined him for me forever...

But Tarzan... hey, who can't love a gorgeous, amazingly-muscly-ripped man who never wears a shirt? :P

Ohh... this gives me an idea for a new thread. Ha.

message 13: by คгเค (last edited Jul 09, 2011 06:53PM) (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Disney movies are the best by far, always have been, always will be. The classics are definitely better and my all time favourite would have to be Lady and the Tramp. They're the most gorgeous movies. I will always love The Lion King and The Fox and the Hound, even though they always make me cry. The Little Mermaid's also one of the best, same with Cinderella and The Beauty and the Beast. Oh! And I definitely can't miss Peter Pan!
Then there's Alice in Wonderland, all of them, Tangled, Pinocchio, Aristocats, and every single Winnie The Pooh ever made! And definitely Tarzan. There are so many others but I can't name them all!

Disney forever!!! <3

message 14: by Erica (new)

Erica  (ericamariej) | 284 comments Oh Krista! lol you and Treasure Planet are like two peas in a pod. You love it more than you love us!

message 15: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) i have way too many! but Tangled is my top princess movie rite now. Then it's aladdin.

message 16: by * (new)

* I love Robin Hood & The Little Mermaid.

message 17: by * (new)

* AND BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

But my absoloute favorites would have to be...
Pirates of the Carribean, hands down.

message 18: by Brianna (new)

Caribbean. ;)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

YES. POTC FTW!!!!

message 20: by * (new)

* OKAY: POTC, GODS, & FTW. Are you my twin or clone or something? O.o

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I dunno. Let's see, are you a short Asian who enjoys drawing unicorns and making daisy chains while everyone else plays baseball?

message 22: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Nope! I'm a short American Tom-boy who sketches while everyone else is on the computer : )

message 23: by * (new)

* I'm short and I do enjoy drawing unicorns, but I'm Canadian-French-American.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:22PM) (new)

Hm... I do love to draw, though. Here: http://booknerd3.deviantart.com/

message 25: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) I'll do you a favor and put you on my 'watch" list

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

YOU HAVE A DEVIANTART?!

message 27: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Yeah.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

:D I like your stuff. And now I watch you.. O.O

message 29: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) lol

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the Toph wallpaper the best.

Aw, g2g.

message 31: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) THX!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 6 comments Toy Story (1-3)
Tangled
Lion King
Mulan
Monsters INC
Lilo and Stich
Tarzan
Hercules
Pochantas
Aladdin
Honey I Shrunk the kids
Little Mermaid

message 33: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (lightcandlesreadbooks) | 1 comments In no specific order

1. Song of The South (favorite movie ever)
2. The Lion King (my cat is named Simba)
3. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (favorite character is Paul Winchell's Tigger)
4. Any Muppet movie (The Muppets are Disney property now)
5. Monsters Inc. (First movie I saw in the theater)
6. Toy Story (all movies)
7. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
8. Pinocchio
9. Tangled
10. Princess and the Frog
11. Mulan
12. Pocahontas
13. Lilo and Stitch
14. Peter Pan

I'll stop now, but I could go on forever.

message 34: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I love so many Disney movies! But some I've been known to watch over and over are

The Parent Trap (Hayley Mills)
Pollyanna (Hayley Mills)
Swiss Family Robinson
Enchanted
The Three Musketeers
Iron Will
The Santa Clause
Mary Poppins
Summer Magic
In Search of the Castaways
Pirates of the Carribean movies
to name a few

Some of the animated faves
Pete's Dragon
Oliver and Company
The Aristocats
Lady and The Tramp
Beauty and The Beast
Mulan
Tarzan
Sleeping Beauty
Little Mermaid

message 35: by Remorse_Blue (new)

Remorse_Blue | 11 comments Mine are

1.The Lion King
2.The Hunchback of Notre Dame
3.Lilo and Stitch
4.The Emperor's New Groove
5.Mulan
6.Brother Bear
7.Dumbo
8.Sleeping Beauty
9.Beauty and the Beast
10.Pocahontas

That sexy nerd-girl Kayla Miles | 1 comments Remorse_Blue wrote: "Mine are

1.The Lion King
2.The Hunchback of Notre Dame
3.Lilo and Stitch
4.The Emperor's New Groove
5.Mulan
6.Brother Bear
7.Dumbo
8.Sleeping Beauty
9.Beauty and the Beast
10.Pocahontas"

HELL YEAH! Hunchback is my most FAVORITE Disney movie!