Wellspring Prep Reads! discussion

Summer Reading Instructions

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Annalise Venhuizen Kontras (annalisevkontras) | 32 comments Mod
Below are the instructions for responses. Remember that you are to read three books and write three responses before September 9.

Let's get some good discussions going about the books!

Response Instructions:
- In a separate program (i.e., Microsoft Word) WRITE a review of the book, answering these questions: (250-300 words!)
1. What was your overall impression of the book?
2. Did you enjoy the plot, the messages, the author’s style, the characters, the ending?
3. Who would you recommend this book for? Why?
4. What questions do you have about the book?

- Go to the group page. Start a discussion board thread by clicking "new." Title it with the name of your book.

Note: If someone in the group has already posted about your book, reply to the review with yours, perhaps speaking right to them in agreement or disagreement.

- Copy and paste your review!

- Check back for responses!

Kelly,

Thanks for the question. If you are posting on good reads, you just need to respond according to the instructions for Goodreads Posts (top of the sheet and on this instruction page). Answer all 4 questions about the book. If you'd rather send a different kind of response in email, choose one of the four options on the page. Does that make sense?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ms. Vanhuizen,

I'm a little bit confused as to my responses to the books. I was wondering if I had to do something different for all of the books that I read... like, can I post on the Goodreads page for all of them, or only one and then do email for the others or something? I'm not quite sure that question makes sense... but yeah.

Courtney,

You can choose a different response for each book, or you can post all of them on goodreads (answering the same 4 questions for each book). Does that make sense?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. Thank you very much. If I'm posting them on Goodreads should I print my response out as well to bring to school on the 9th when it's all officially due?

No, just putting it online is good enough! :)

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Pronger (milkdud2195) | 4 comments Ms. Venhuizen,
In the letter that was sent home about the book reports, you mentioned that we could ask you about a book that isn`t on the list. I was wondering if Caleb and Kate was an approved book. The author is Cindy Martinusen-Coloma. I noticed that in the back of the book it has a reading group guide with questions for a literature group, so i was just curious about that.
Thank you,
Paige =]

message 8: by Zach (last edited Aug 09, 2010 12:46PM) (new)

Zach | 4 comments haha thnx couldn't find the paper and tried to remember what they were and got all of them then saw this

Paige, looks good! I'm interested to know how you like it.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Pronger (milkdud2195) | 4 comments Will it count as one of the three book if I review it?

Yes!

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Pronger (milkdud2195) | 4 comments Yay! Thank you.

message 13: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Police | 8 comments Ms. Venhuizen,
I was wondering if I could review "Mockingjay" when it's released. It comes out August 24, and it's the last in the Hunger Games Trilogy. I've read the first two, so I'd know what was going on, and i really enjoyed them.

Thanks,
Elyse

Sure! So exciting :)