The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General > Great Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Staff Favorites (last edited Jun 15, 2010 10:23AM) (new)

Staff Favorites | 2 comments Mod
I love a great book cover almost as much as I love a great book. Here is one I discovered in delivery this morning. Although you really have to see the actual book to fully appreciate the cover. It has dimension that you lose in a picture.
Ghostgirl (Ghostgirl, #1) by Tonya Hurley

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 15, 2010 11:55AM) (new)

Jennifer | 371 comments Mod
Great idea! Here's one of my favorites- a book that I like more the further I get from it. The cover evokes exactly the same response as the story, by making you both afraid to look and unable to look away.

The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) by Rick Yancey

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 15 comments I have to agree with Jen- I don't usually like horror stories, but this one is just soooo good! It is a Printz Honor Book, but it gets overlooked, I think. It's a good read for teens and adults- reminds me of classic horror stories like Frankenstein, etc.- written in an "old-fashioned" style.

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments Got to say the cover of Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black is really nice.

message 5: by Danette (new)

Danette | 14 comments Yes, that is a great cover. In my next life I want to design book covers--and I have no artistic talent in this life, so we will see how that works out!

message 6: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments One of my favorite knitting book covers is Romantic Hand Knits 26 Flirtatious Designs That Flatter Your Figure by Annie Modesitt . It reminds me of a romance cover.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4 comments Jan, how do you link the picture to your post?

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4 comments I totally agree with Ghostgirl

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Susan- you can add a book cover by clicking the "add book/author" link that is directly above the comment box. It links up the cover and the book's page automatically.

message 10: by Allison (last edited Jun 24, 2010 03:28PM) (new)

Allison (bookgirlut) | 30 comments Jennifer wrote: "Susan- you can add a book cover by clicking the "add book/author" link that is directly above the comment box. It links up the cover and the book's page automatically."

Thanks that is good to know. I really like the cover for the children's book Lincoln and His Boys by Rosemary Wells. Lincoln and His Boys by Rosemary Wells

message 11: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments Susan wrote: "Jan, how do you link the picture to your post?"

Click on the add book/author link at the top of the comment box. you can link to the title information or the cover.

message 12: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments OOps did not see the other response before I posted. Sorry

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4 comments Thank you.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4 comments Thanks Jennifer.

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments I really hate to see this thread drop. I really love the Blackbird Sisters mysteries. This is my favorite cover How to Murder a Millionaire (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #1) by Nancy Martin

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

These are a couple of my favorite covers.
Aphrodite's Kiss (Time of Your Life) by Julie Kenner
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
Chocolat by Joanne Harris

message 17: by Allison (new)

Allison (bookgirlut) | 30 comments Just had a very unique book cover cross my desk. Check it out The Space Between Trees by Katie Williams The cover is cut out so the title page shows through the trees. . .very cool.

message 18: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments Allison wrote: "Just had a very unique book cover cross my desk. Check it outThe Space Between Trees by Katie Williams The cover is cut out so the title page shows through the trees. . .very cool."

Love it. Very very cool.

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (dragonshelver) | 35 comments I saw that one on Thursday, very unique!

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 40 comments I like this one that just came in:

The Nightmarys by Dan Poblocki

Nice and spooky.

message 21: by Allison (new)

Allison (bookgirlut) | 30 comments I saw that one as well. . . real spooky

message 22: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments Oh, yes, The Nightmarys by Dan Poblocki on my list to read already. Love the title too.

message 23: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments In a totally different direction, Murder Past Due (A Cat in the Stacks Mystery, #1) by Miranda James . How could I not love a book cover with books and cats. Just needs a dog and it would be perfect.

message 24: by Jan (last edited Oct 19, 2010 03:52PM) (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments I just came across this one. So Pretty! Book of Love (Knight Angels, #1) by Abra Ebner

message 25: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments OK, this is a great, creep cover, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff by Brenna Yovanoff

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jan wrote: "OK, this is a great, creep cover, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoffby Brenna Yovanoff"
Yes- I love that one! So creepy!

message 27: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments This cover is a winner. Mysterious and definite shades of Indiana Jones. Warrior Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer by Zoe Archer

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

I love the covers (and the content!) of this series:
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman
Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman
The cover of If I Stay really conveys the fragility of the situation of a girl deciding whether to wake up from a coma into a brutal, heartbreaking life. And the girl on the cover of the second one actually looks just like she did in my head. Great books!

message 29: by Jan (new)

Jan (libraryhag) | 64 comments I love this cover too Wither (Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie | 2 comments Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson

My favorite book cover in a long time.

message 31: by Timothy (new)

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Tim wrote: "Why We Make Mistakes How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, and Are All Pretty Sure We Are Way Above Average by Joseph T. Hallinan"

That's pretty funny!

message 33: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Hinkle (neutronflow) | 16 comments It's worth seeing in person. We've got it in the system.

message 34: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Crane | 2 comments The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart
This cover is just cute and funny. So is the book.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/13633077...

i love his books and the way the covers are is very clever in my opinion this book is my favorite

message 36: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 55 comments Mod
Though it came out a couple of years ago, I loved the cover to Green Angel, though you have to see the back too, to get the full effect.Green Angel

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Bonnie wrote: "Though it came out a couple of years ago, I loved the cover to Green Angel, though you have to see the back too, to get the full effect.Green Angel"
Yes- I read that one just for the cover!

message 38: by Raven (new)

Raven Moore (RavenMoore) | 2 comments I think a very pretty book cover but I'm biased of course. : P
Padre! A Place Whose Rules Rearrange Your Own by Raven Moore

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.