The Sword and Laser discussion

Comic-Con?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter Freeman (new)

Peter Freeman | 12 comments I wasn't sure if this should go here or in off-topic, but hopefully I picked the right place. Anyhow, I was wondering how many of sword & laser fans are attending Comic-Con and for what reason.

I'll definitely be there. I tend to go more for the TV show and movie announcement/trailers/panels. But the occasional random panel does get a hold of me.

Also for Veronica and Tom: Have you guys ever considered doing a panel/live S&L podcast at Comic-Con? I'm sure with all the writers that attend you could easily put together a well rounded discussion panel and/or interview group. Just thought I'd put the idea out there.

So what about you guys? Are you heading to Comic-Con this year? If so, why and what are you looking forward to most?

message 2: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1709 comments Mod
I'll be there! I'm doing a Geek Girls panel on Thursday night, and the Rifftrax Live panel on Friday!

I'd love to do a Sword and Laser recording at Comic-Con, hopefully next year!

message 3: by aldenoneil (last edited Jun 14, 2010 08:45AM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments I'll be there, proudly displaying my Sword and Laser t-shirt and pen.

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike (mikespencer) | 60 comments I'll be there. First time.

message 5: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 964 comments Mod
I'm going! It'll be my first Comic-Con, too. I'll need to get a Sword and Laser t-shirt by then, so we can form a Sword & Laser army. Or at least a Sword & Laser platoon.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Gardner | 113 comments http://www.hieratic8.com/meltwizard/m...

Don't know why but this thread reminded me of this song...

message 7: by Beth (last edited Jun 22, 2010 05:42PM) (new)

Beth (petersonb12) | 40 comments Comic-Con is my Christmas (or other annual ritual of revitalization of your choice). There is a distinct possibility I chose to go to graduate school at UCSD because it brought me closer to Comic-Con. I will definitely be there and be there for just about everything.

I enjoy the TV panels/presentations (particularly looking forward to Glee, V, and the Big Bang Theory this year, any Battlestar Galactica?), comics panels (usually anything with Gail Simone or Greg Rucka), the Joss Whedon all-by-himself-or-accompanied-by-the-cast-of-whatever-he-is-doing panel, the annual showing of Once More with Feeling, Queers in Comics, the Children's Film Festival, the Independent Film Festival, whatever Harry Potter is there, attempting to navigate the exhibition floor in search of Birds of Prey #8, and, of course, the Geek Girls panel on Thursday.

Yay for all the first timers. It is the happiest place on earth (even with the crowds, lines, smells, crummy convention center food, etc.).

Only 29 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes to go!