Mrs. B's Sassy Book Club discussion

Welcome!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hernanadez (vqh1) | 5 comments Mod
Welcome to Mrs. B's Sassy Book Club! I am so glad that we can connect on Good Reads!! Please leave a introduction here on the discussion board!!

-Name
-Favorite Author
-Favorite Type Genre of Book to read
-Favorite Book (if you can name one!!!)
-Favorite Type of Tea

Thanks again for joining! Look forward to seeing you at Mrs. B's!!!!

-Valerie

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hernanadez (vqh1) | 5 comments Mod
Name- Valerie
Favorite Author-Mitch Albom
Favorite Type Genre of Book to read- Not a HUGE sfi-fi or scary book person
Favorite Book- Tuesdays with Morrie
Favorite Type of Tea- Cranberry!!!

message 3: by Teena (new)

Teena | 2 comments Name Teena
-Favorite Author --I've enjoyed Lisa Scottoline's books; I like Steve Barry, Joel Rosenberg, Beth Moore's studies and Janet Evanovich for a quick vacation read
-Favorite Type Genre of Book to read -- anything about Russia or set in Russia
-Favorite Book (if you can name one!!!) -- Don't have a favorite
-Favorite Type of Tea --Harney & Son's Paris Tea, though I love Mrs. B's cinnamon orange, in fact I stopped in today to get an ice tea to go ;) Also their Gingered Peach

message 4: by Antof9 (last edited Jul 18, 2010 10:05PM) (new)

Antof9 | 4 comments Name
Margaret Vincent
Favorite Author
Favorite? Not sure if I have one, but ... if handed to me, I would read any book by Elizabeth Berg and Jane Austen.
Favorite Type Genre of Book to read
Anything well-constructed. Not a fan of non-fiction, short stories, much sci-fi and not too many mysteries.
Favorite Book (if you can name one!!!)
How about recent faves that I recommend a lot? Someone Knows My Name, The Book Thief, The Year of Pleasures, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, Pride & Prejudice, and Little Women
Favorite Type of Tea
Anything with enough flavor to not need sugar added to it. I drink a lot of Peppermint, and a lot of Sweet Ginger Peach. Celestial Seasoning makes a good Imperial White something -- I think it's pear.

message 5: by Antof9 (new)

Antof9 | 4 comments Valerie wrote: Not a HUGE sfi-fi or scary book person

I don't like scary books either! EEK!

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 1 comments Hi Valerie (and everyone in the group),

I joined some time ago, but have not done anything to be a part of the group yet. I have a daughter who has some very serious ongoing health problems...she is 23 years old (I also have a 25 year old daughter, and a 29 year old son). Lately I have been consumed with what is going on with her. Please forgive my joining and then doing nothing. I really would love to be part of your book club at some time in the future. Thanks so much for your understanding. Hi to the club, and wishes for much enjoyment in your book sharing, and many sips of wonderful teas! :)

Sincerely, Cindy

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kmo3151) | 3 comments Name: Kathleen
Favorite Author: Laurie Colwin (although since she died in the 90's I can't look forward to new works from her). She also wrote about cooking and I am an avid foodie. I do like Elizabeth Berg and Amy Bloom quite alot.
Favorite Genre: Fiction; I also like biographies and memoirs quite a bit, anything about dogs.
Favorite Book: Shine On Bright And Dangerous Object by Laurie Colwin. I love We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg. I see there are other Elizabeth Berg fans in the group, too.
Favorite Tea: I love Ginger Peach tea which also seems to have some fans in the group.
Can't wait to meet everyone and discuss books. Was a meeting scheduled for this month? I thought I saw something about a meeting to discuss Murder At The Brown Palace which I read about 4 years ago.
I have been unemployed for almost 2 years and need to have more contact with people other than my husband, that is why I was looking for a group that has actual meetings to discuss literature.