SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Series and Authors We ❤ > Dark Days / Jocelynn Drake

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Feb 09, 2015 01:28PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2) by Jocelynn Drake Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, #3) by Jocelynn Drake Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4) by Jocelynn Drake Wait for Dusk (Dark Days, #5) by Jocelynn Drake Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6) by Jocelynn Drake

I gotta say, this has turned from the "series I love" into the "series I hate to love". I'm anxious for book 4, "Pray for Dawn" and we had better be seein' some hot, monkey sex between Mira and Danaus! LMAO!! Could the tension be pushed any further with these two? It's like the two characters on a TV show you religiously watch waiting for the two mains to go for it already and know they won't b/c "it would just ruin the show with out the sexual tension between them". AUGH! But, in all honesty, I have enjoyed the series so far and will continue to read them as they're released. Just a sucker for UF with hot heroes and kickass chicks!

So, will they or won't they? And, will she make us wait until book 5, "Wait for Dusk"? I'm just sayin', check out the cover of that one. LOL!

Wait for Dusk (Dark Days, #5) by Jocelynn Drake

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Jocelynn Drake has posted some deleted scenes from "Pray for Dawn" on her website.

Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4) by Jocelynn Drake
Release date: 22 June 10

PFD: Deleted Scene 1
PFD: Deleted Scene 2
PFD: Deleted Scene Scraps

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine | 16 comments Today´s the day in Germany!!! Pray for dawn is finally released!!! Hopefully, my favourite online book stroe will have it delivered like NOW!

At first I wasn´t sure whether I would like Danaus´s POV but know I can hardly wait to read it.
And I´m totally with you Steph, time for some action between the two of them! :)

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments I'm ready! LOL!

My copy is on it's way! :D

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine | 16 comments So, have you read it already? *curious*

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Nope. I have it to read though. Just need to finish up the two I'm reading right now. How 'bout you, did you get a copy?

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine | 16 comments Yes, I got and read it in two days. It´s awesome, but also slightly frustrating. And the end is just omg, wtf? :)

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Ahhhh! Don't say that. Now I don't wanna read it until it's closer to the release of the next one. LOL! Should I wait, ya think? Oh wait, I need to see if I have it on a July challenge. If so, I gotta read it now.

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jul 16, 2010 02:46AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Christine wrote: "So, have you read it already? *curious*"

Christine, I read it and LOVED it! I LOVED having Danaus' POV! What a treat! :) I'm anxious for the next one now.

message 10: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Jocelynn posted this on her blog:

Wait for Dusk is Out
If you finished Pray for Dawn and were left needing yet another fix of Mira and Danaus, I've got it for you in the form of Wait for Dusk. The fifth book in the Dark Days series returns to Mira's point of view as the nightwalker and her companions are forced to travel to Budapest to take on some naturi that are causing some problems. It also doesn't help that Macaire is scheming some nasty plots to destroy are daring heroes.

I really enjoyed writing Wait for Dusk as it finally allowed me to give away a secret I had been holding since Nightwalker. It also gave me the chance to move Danaus and Mira's relationship further along. All around, a fun and exciting book.

In the meantime, I finishing up the last of my promotion for the two books while I dive into edits for book 6 of the series, which is due for release next year.

YAY! "I really enjoyed writing Wait for Dusk as it finally allowed me to give away a secret I had been holding since Nightwalker. It also gave me the chance to move Danaus and Mira's relationship further along. All around, a fun and exciting book." :D But kinda :( that it's returning to Mira's POV. I really enjoyed the last book in Danaus' POV!

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Jocelynn posted on her blog that "...I dug in deep today and "finished" chapters four and five of Burn the Night. Chapter 4 didn't need much work; just a little spackle and a fresh layer of paint to clean up some of the less-than-perfect spots. Meanwhile, Chapter 5 received a small room addition in the form of an added scene between Mira and Danaus. Yes, they finally got a moment ... alone ... in the woods. Go for it! Let your imaginations run wild. It was a fun scene to write and it allowed me to release some of the emotional tension that I've had building in my brain for far too many books."

YAY!!! :D

But, also, "However, just because the foundation and structure are sound doesn't mean I don't have a big job ahead of me. Certain characters that lived now need to die and other characters that weren't in the book now need to make an appearance. In essence, I'm tearing down walls and then putting up new ones. In fact, I'll be adding on a whole new floor with the addition of a previously unplanned plotline, while searching for ways to make Mira more proactive rather than reactive."

:( Hate to see characters die, but I understand the occasional need for "out with the old and in with the new".

message 12: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments I read that Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6) by Jocelynn Drake , in Jocelynn's Dark Days series, will be the final book.

I also just read that she's working on a new series, tentatively called The Tattoo Artist. She says:
"The title of the series is just a working title so I have something to save the files under on the computer and is subject to change. Also considering that the first book hasn’t hit my editor’s desk, things in the books are still subject to change. However, I can try to give you some highlights.

With the new series, I wanted to do a sharp change for the Dark Days world. Where everything is hidden and secret in the Dark Days series, everything in the Tattoo Artist world is out in the open. The world was broken open centuries ago and now elves, faeries, trolls, werewolves, and dozens of other creatures walk free and happy among the humans. They live in relative harmony with each other. However, there is one group that hovers like a dark shadow over the rest: the warlocks and the witches. These magic users are dangerous and cruel, monitoring the use of magic by anyone other than themselves. They are the gatekeepers, the judges, and ultimately, the executioners.

Now understandably, the humans would occasionally feel at a disadvantage in this world filled with other magical creatures. They would need to find their own edge here. So they turn to the tattoo artists. Tattoo artists are more than just artists of the flesh. They are also potion stirrers, putting them outside the realm of the warlocks. Need a little good luck? Want love? Want revenge? The right ingredients mixed in the ink along with the right symbol etched into the skin can get you your heart’s desire. Of course, this all comes with a price.

The series follows the tattoo artists at the Asylum as they encounter some interesting clients and battle their own demons."

You can read more about it on her blog.

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29065 comments Jocelynn announced a new short about Mira's beginnings called Bound to Me An Original Dark Days Story (Dark Days, #.5) by Jocelynn Drake due out 10 April! :D