Ranger's Apprentice Fans discussion

Book Chat > Kings of Clonmel *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 162 (162 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments Did you read it? What'd you think?

message 2: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) IT WAS SO AMAZING!!!!!!

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments i was expecting more conversation that it was amazing...
did anyone think that when Halt was shooting the war dogs in the beginning he should have killed it with his first arrow?

i thought that was bad shooting on his part.

message 4: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments so... he was nervous he'd miss?

message 5: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments i don't think so.

message 6: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments well flanagan has hyped up all ranger's invincibility. he can't just scrap it now.

halt's won't die.
flanagan has never scraped a major character.

message 7: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Brianne wrote: "well flanagan has hyped up all ranger's invincibility. he can't just scrap it now.

halt's won't die.
flanagan has never scraped a major character."

No, he hasn't. That's true. I think it would make it more complicated and interesting...in a way. It would also break some hearts (mine for starters), which for a young audience isn't best appreciated.

message 8: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) This is my review...

Oh, dear. The Kings of Clonmel has presented me with a dilemma: do I like this book better, or my old favorite, The Siege of Macindaw? This book was so exciting and well-written, I literally could not put it down and I ended up finishing it in less than a day. The plot is a little more complicated than the earlier books, which for me made it only more enjoyable. Halt, Will and Horace work to discredit a cult that is stealing valuables from small villages in neighboring Hibernia under the pretense of protecting them and threatening to dethrone Clonmel's not especially loved monarch, King Ferris. Araluen will be next, the Rangers know, and move outside their country's borders to ensure safety for Araluen. What follows is a tangle of secrets, pageantry and intrigue that will keep you on the edge of your seat right up to the climactic final showdown: a trial by combat featuring Horace as the Sunrise Knight. But when Tennyson, the con artist posing as a religious leader, attempts to sabotage the contest at arms, can Will and Halt be in time to save Horace? The future of Araluen hangs in the balance!

message 9: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments well, his audience is getting older. i think he needs to face reality and kill off someone. plus all of will friends are amazingly successful

what is this with orphans ruling the world?

message 10: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments well... EVERY orphan is successfull, amazingly so, no just average and happy.

horace-KINGS knight
will-LEGENDARY RANGER
jenny-OWNS a restaurant
george-is AMAZINGLY successful
alyss-paulines PRODIGY

message 11: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments in the eight one it does

message 12: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments it's when they meet up with jenny, that was the mentioning.

goerge was never really talked about, i think flanagan just added him to have variety in the line up for picking day. then couldn't get rid of him.

message 13: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Or maybe, instead of someone dying, something sad should happen to a main character; you're right, everything is a bit too easy right now. I can think of something positively heartbreaking, but I won't mention it...it's too sad! I wouldn't want Flanagan to do it! :(

message 14: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments well he can't kill halt. because halt's halt. but...who else would make a big impact. horace...

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) No he doesn't die, I've read it already. But I won't say anymore cause I don't want to give anything away for you!

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Not telling, lol!

message 17: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments Is halts peril out in the us?

message 18: by austen (last edited Jun 19, 2010 10:46AM) (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Lizzy wrote: "yeah! if we must give up one main character, does Gilan count? I say sacrifice Gilan for the safety of Halt."

*wails* NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! PLEASE, NOT GILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments i think horace's death would be good

message 20: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments but you admit him dying wouldnt be bad for the plot

message 21: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments but it'd be a good story

message 22: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments halt cant die hes too awesome. but that could happen towards the end like dumbledore

message 23: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments same effect different book

message 24: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments but beneficial to the plot...well ranger's apprentice doesn't really have an underlying plot.

message 25: by Lora (new)

Lora (0-jsml) just saying, Halt doesn't die.
i haven't read the book, but i know what happens, and i've got the description for book 10 too. It's called The Emperor of Nihon-Jin:

Horace is missing. Months have passed since he was sent on a military mission to the court of the Emperor of Nihon-Jin but he has failed to return. Evanlyn is worried, and in company with Will and Alyss, she sets out to discover what has become of their old friend.
They find that Horace has become embroiled in Nihon-Jin politics. The arrogant Senji sect has rebelled against the rightful Emperor and Horace has chosen to stay and lend support to the deposed ruler. Now he and Will must turn farm and forest workers into a fighting force that can face the highly trained Senji warriors, while Alyss and Evanlyn must overcome their longstanding rivalry to seek aid from a mysterious group of mountain dwellers.

message 26: by Lora (new)

Lora (0-jsml) Also in book 9, we get to see some characters from previous books... but i'm not saying anything more.
I'll just state my THEORIES and opinions.

okay, never mind. i sorta have to spoil some things when i say my theories. so any of you who hate spoilers, STOP READING IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

okay, so:
1. John Flanagan said that there is a funeral at the end of book 9. (this is a fact google it yourself)
2. I think that either Malcolm, or Shadow dies... or maybe Trobar. (did i get the spelling right?)
3. The Genovesans die, and Tennyson dies too, but not killed by any one of the main characters. that would seem too cheesy. they need to be defeated in an unsuspecting way.

well, that's what i came up with.
how about you?

message 27: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

Annie | 1136 comments Mod
WAIT I HAVE ONE QUESTION, DOES THE DOG DIE??????????

message 28: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

Lora wrote: "Also in book 9, we get to see some characters from previous books... but i'm not saying anything more.
I'll just state my THEORIES and opinions.

okay, never mind. i sorta have to spoil some th..."

who dies????? please tell me please i beg of you!

message 29: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments come on do you really want that spoiler?

message 30: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

yessssssssssss and i also really wanna know if the dog dies or not:) pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??????????*pupppy face* please??

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Brianne wrote: "Is halts peril out in the us?"

Yeah it is, cause I'm in IL. And I've read it!

message 32: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments what?

message 33: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments IT IS?!?

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) It has to be cause I read it! Duh..lol!

message 35: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments it's not out in the us until october where'd you get it?

message 36: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

it's also out in my walmart and i also live in the U.S.

message 37: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

walmart Online

message 38: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments ...sketchy...

message 39: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

why is walmart online sketchy?

message 40: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments sketchy the fact you got the book before it was out. at a retail store.

message 41: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

just because it's not out where you live, it doesn't mean it's diffrent here...anyway about my spoiler questions..

message 42: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments wait what?

message 43: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

who dies and does the dog die...my spoiler requests

message 44: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments which you know?

message 45: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

noooooooooooooo
which i want to know...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???????????????????????

message 46: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments wait. i thought YOU had it...

message 47: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

nooooo i'm on book 5 but i know where to get the book when i need them

message 48: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments urg. unfair!

message 49: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

sorry:(

message 50: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Brianne wrote: "it's not out in the us until october where'd you get it?"

My library already had it!

And to answer you spoiler questions Stephanie...no, dog does not die and Halt does not die. But I'm not going to say anymore.

« previous 1 3 4