Harker Heights Public Library Teens discussion

Vampire Literature

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Delaine (new)

Lisa Delaine Youngblood (lyoungblood) | 27 comments Mod
Right now vampire literature is all the rage. Are you "dying" for more, do you wish it would "drop dead," or are you undecided?

message 2: by Rose (last edited Jun 15, 2010 08:43AM) (new)

Rose Ramon (rramon) | 13 comments I love vampire stories and I'm always hungry for more! :)

message 3: by Sheridan (new)

Sheridan Reid Well I guess it would depend upon which vampire book it would be. If they are honest to goodness vampires in the books, I am "dying" for more, however, if the vampires are some knockoffs and wannabes then I would wish that is would just "drop dead."

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 5 comments With me, it also depends on the book. Some authors are very creative and manage to create a new way of looking at vampires, while other authors drop the ball and create something excruiating to read.

message 5: by Lisa Delaine (new)

I agree with Chris that it does sort of depend on the type of book that you are reading. I tend to like bad vampires, good vampires, action hero vampires, brooding vampires, etc. I just want it is fit the mood of the book and I suppose the mood that I am in.

message 6: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 1 comments I like vampire stories also. But for me, the first requirement is that the story must be well-written and that I like it from the first sentence. I'm not particular about the kind of vampire.

message 7: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Hoffmann | 1 comments Vampire stories are something that I really enjoy reading about. I like them to be the "almost human" type where they still think like humans but they have the vampire nature. I'm always looking at vampire books that I'd like to read!

message 8: by Rose (new)

Rose Ramon (rramon) | 13 comments I must admit that when I first pick up a book, vampire related or not, I flip to about the middle of the book and read one of the paragraphs. If I like how the dialogue is set up or how the words flow, then I will read the book. If I don't then I just put it back. I'm sure I've missed out on plenty of wonderful reads but if I don't like it at first, then it takes a lot for me to go back and actually read it.

The Silver Kiss, which is a vampire book by Annette Curtis Klause, was one of those books that I struggled through because of the flow of the words. Homework: Read it and tell me what you think! :)

message 9: by Lisa Delaine (new)

I have read Silver Kiss. I thought it was a fantastic book, but it is a surprisingly quiet book especially considering the topic. It's a different look at vampires.

message 10: by Merissa (new)

Merissa Martinez | 4 comments so far i really have liked the vampire books ive read, but i like to read somthing other than jus vampires every once in a while but it seems lik theres nothing but vampire books now.

message 11: by Lisa Delaine (new)

What do you think about the Immortals series? It's not vampires, but it is fantasy.