Stephenie Meyer Fans discussion

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Love it or hate it what are your thoughts???

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emi B (new)

Emi B (emib) I Just bought my copy of The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and cannot wait to read it =] I am curious however about everyone else's reaction to this Eclipse Novella my lovely hair dresser insisted that I must go buy it immediately and have a read so she could know what my thought's on it are :)
So do you love it hate it or was it just okay???

message 2: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 16 comments I loved it. I love Diego. at times I thought Bree was a little bit too dependant on others, but I realy did grow fond of her, and freaky Fred, and DIEGO!....sorry, I'm a little obsessed ith Diego. It was just great, and It made me sad, because I kind of wish she's ended Eclipse differently.

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric (cwluc) | 2 comments I liked it. I felt it was a pretty quick read and very to the point. The full effect didn't quite hit me until I reread Eclipse again and realized what was going on when the Cullen's talked about things like the newborns numbers going down. It actually stung a little to think that Alice knew before even Bree came home and waited anxiously at the door...

message 4: by Am&a (new)

Am&a | 1 comments I really LOVED this book! Just like Stephenie's other books, I flew through the pages...

When I read Eclipse, Bree seemed so insignificant, but she had a much larger part in the Cullen/Volturi scene than I realized. Reading her story really made me wish that she (and Diego) lived. It makes me dislike Victoria even more because she (and Riley) killed Diego.

I'd like to hear Freaky Fred's story. I'd like to know how he was before he became a vampire that attributed to his "talent".

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) I think I liked it. I get mixed feelings when I think about it. I did a review on my blog about it here:

http://intheclosetbibliophile.blogspo...

If you'd like to check it out. :D Comment on my post and let me know what you think...

*~*The Death Fairy Luna*~* (edwardlovesmeforlife01) i just read it online cause i dont have enought money to buy it yet but it was awsome. it fit right in with the saga.

message 7: by D.J. (new)

D.J. (lifeinfiction) Did anyone else feel sympathetic towards Riley? I knew I'd love Bree, but I found myself liking Riley, too.

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) I was sympathetic with Riley til the end. Then I didn't care either way. It happened after Diego went away, you know. Not so easy to feel anything for him then, but in the beginning, most definitely.

message 9: by D.J. (new)

D.J. (lifeinfiction) Yeah, I didn't like how he killed Diego, but it seemed like he really appreciated Diego, so I don't think he would've killed him had Victoria not been involved.

message 10: by *~*The Death Fairy Luna*~* (last edited Jun 21, 2010 07:16PM) (new)

*~*The Death Fairy Luna*~* (edwardlovesmeforlife01) yeah thats true...but no i showed no sympathy for riley.

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) I still think Riley would have done what he did. He was nice to the newborns to a point, but in the end he showed his true colors. His joy of the kill and the fight!!

message 12: by julie (new)

julie (juliers) | 10 comments i really like it and i recommend it to everyone who plans to watch eclipse, at least now we know where the new born came from. I like bree's character a lot. With diego, i thought he's intelligent enough not to be killed, but still he was. Also with fred, I think he can survive because of his so called super ability...

love the book so much that i bought it immediately after it was released...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it!i really liked the new charaters

message 14: by M (new)

M (readergirl67) I thought it was too short by Stephenie's standards to really get in to. The characters were a bit flat... that said, I really enjoyed getting another perspective. =D

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) ALL her characters are flat! just had to throw that out there!

message 16: by Cody (new)

Cody | 157 comments I thought it was a really good book, i wish they would make a movie, but it would be too short.

message 17: by Summer (new)

Summer (summernoel26) | 1 comments loved it; thought it was sad, revealing, and very captivating. so happy she made it :)

message 18: by Emelie (new)

Emelie  (emli95) It was good, but not like the rest of the books. Too short, and it's definitely not one of my favorites. I liked the fact that I got a bit of perspective, about the new vampires and all, since I missed that in the other books. But still, not as good as the others, it was okay. No more than that. I actually didn't think I'd ever read it, since I wasn't that excited about the release, but heck, it's Stephenie Meyer, what harm can it possible do to me? And honestly, I think I was right about not being that excited.

message 19: by Maria (new)

Maria A. | 1 comments I am fortunate that I got a free copy online when it first came out as a promotion. Because I liked it and see it as an addendum to the book and not as a book or novella itself. If I had paid for it I might have being a little ticked, not for the price they were selling it anyway. I loved it do not get me wrong, but not worth more money out my pocket. Thank you Stephenie for posting a free copy!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I really want this book! I have been to different stores looking for it.

message 21: by Eric (new)

Eric (cwluc) | 2 comments Danielle wrote: "I really want this book! I have been to different stores looking for it."

tbh at this point I'd start checking your local libraries.. or eBook or amazon. I haven't seen this in a local shop in awhile. Most stores don't even always the entire series in stock anymore.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Eric wrote: "Danielle wrote: "I really want this book! I have been to different stores looking for it."

tbh at this point I'd start checking your local libraries.. or eBook or amazon. I haven't seen this in a ..."

I may just look into that