Women's Fiction authors discussion

sweet book launch party ideas (or memories)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe Wilcox (phoebewilcox) | 7 comments Any ideas for a great party? Food? Drinks (my book launch will be at a college so they are saying no alcohol). I've worked on this first novel, Angels Carry the Sun (pending publication with Lilly Press) for over twenty years on and off so I want this party to be FANTASTIC!

message 2: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 11 comments Hi, Phoebe. My launch party for Deception Past was a lot of fun. All I did was put up streamers, have food and drinks on hand, and invite everybody I knew. It's the people that make it fun. We ended up in a sing-along.

message 3: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe Wilcox (phoebewilcox) | 7 comments Hi Frankie, Sometimes I like to indulge my wildest fantasies--but anyway, of course I'll read, but my other main concern is dancing. I definitely want to be somewhere where there's room to dance. As long as we have space, I'm going to invite everyone I know too! I'm going to look up your book. It's probably on here.

message 4: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 11 comments Yes, dance away! Thanks & have a great party! If you read my book, please let me know what you think. :)

message 5: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe Wilcox (phoebewilcox) | 7 comments Do you have an excerpt of it anywhere?

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Chaney | 3 comments Instead of reading an excerpt from it... you could act out a scene... or talk about your writing music play list you used to write the book over that twenty year trek...

There's always a book giveaway prize...

People do make the party a party. Dancing is fun! You could try to take an aspect of the book and integrate it into a party theme.

message 7: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe Wilcox (phoebewilcox) | 7 comments The story takes place in the 80s. The parents in Angels Carry the Sun are hippies and the teen kids are punkers so I'm thinking of having a cover band doing lots of 60s-80s tunes. Dancing sure is fun and I intend on doing a lot of it!!! You should come!

message 8: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 11 comments Phoebe, if you look it up under "Find Books" you can read about it. If that doesn't give you enough to go on, please let me know, and I will. Thanks for asking!

message 9: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 11 comments Phoebe wrote: "The story takes place in the 80s. The parents in Angels Carry the Sun are hippies and the teen kids are punkers so I'm thinking of having a cover band doing lots of 60s-80s tunes. Dancing sure is..."

Dancing makes you feel goooood! 60s-80s is my kind of music!