The Sword and Laser discussion

Podcasts > No Zombies before bedtime – The S&L Podcast #034

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben | 116 comments If you can't get Max Brooks for an interview, maybe someone like Philip K. Dick would be appropriate for this book.

Also: Brains v. Human Flesh:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/zomb...

message 3: by Tamahome (last edited Jun 09, 2010 05:53PM) (new)

Tamahome | 6362 comments Does Tom know AMC is adapting The Walking Dead comic for TV? http://www.filmcritic.com/features/20...

Has there been any recent posts about The Diamond Age? I think all the news is at least a year old.

Here's my vote for John Scalzi as a future guest. He's very funny.

message 4: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (cm_cameron) | 50 comments Ben wrote: "If you can't get Max Brooks for an interview, maybe someone like Philip K. Dick would be appropriate for this book."

Umm...I see what you did there?

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Miller (mercutiom) | 28 comments Ben wrote: "If you can't get Max Brooks for an interview, maybe someone like Philip K. Dick would be appropriate for this book."

Oh ho...funny man.

message 6: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (last edited Jun 12, 2010 08:37AM) (new)

Jlawrence | 964 comments Mod
I've wanted to read Effinger for awhile. Infocom/Westwood released a graphic adventure game (with some RPG elements) based on Effinger's books in 1990. The game is set in Budayeen after the events of When Gravity Falls. I want to try the game out, too, after reading the book (yes, I have a high tolerance for grainy lo-res retro graphics).

(Note - in that game review I linked to, you have to scroll down quite a bit to get to the text.)

message 7: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 649 comments Just listened to ep#34. Some suggestions for authors to interview: Jim C. Hines, F. Paul Wilson, James Rollins, E. E. Knight, Derek P. Gilbert (author of Iron Dragons), Jack McDevitt, Mike Resnick, P.A. Hendrickson (author of Dreamstone), Peter V. Brett (author of The Warded Man), Tom Lloyd (author of StormCaller).

Lovin' the podcast!
--Kev

message 8: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6362 comments I always suggest Harlan Ellison and Alan Moore for TWIT, but Leo doesn't listen. :)

message 9: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Tamahome wrote: "I always suggest Harlan Ellison and Alan Moore for TWIT, but Leo doesn't listen. :)"

Ellison and Dvorak ... it'd be like Goatse in stereo.