Historical Romances - Latest Releases discussion

Jude Deveraux's Days of Gold

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 9 comments Jude is best when she writes her historicals, but she can't keep coasting on her velvet series and her james river trilogy laurels forever.

This book had so much promise and the end was just too random. It seemed like the characters changed personalities and she had to finish it. Could have been waaay better.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) was this not a sequel to another of her recent books?
Is it worth picking up? havent read any of her books lately. have all her old ones & like them best..even to re-read

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 9 comments DOG is a semi prequel to Lavender Morning. They live in a town named Edilean in present day, and DOG establishes the romance that caused a man to form the town of Edilean in colonial times.

No overlapping characters.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) thanks clare..I thought that they were connected.I might wait till it hits my used bookstore.

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita Jett (historicalromancejunkierita) | 11 comments Haven't read anything by Jude, I thought she was a children's author or a YA writer. Thanks for sharing Clare, I've gotta check her out!