Running with the Demon (Word & Void, #1) Running with the Demon discussion

opinions....

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ruby Im just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this book...weather its on the actual writing to the storyline im genuienly interested in what you think of this triliogy.

(also, i havent finished this book quite yet so just a heads up if i have no idea what you're talking about.)

Jeremy Elder I thought this book was mediocre. I read it through and appreciated the plot, but there was too much teen angst for my taste. I didn't like it enough to continue the trilogy.

message 3: by Joe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joe I just read the Triogy...Better read all at once...which sets up bearer of the black staff and Measure of Magic...Those continue the story.

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Joe wrote: "I just read the Triogy...Better read all at once...which sets up bearer of the black staff and Measure of Magic...Those continue the story."

Joe, I have not read bearer of the black staff and Measure of Magic. Now you have my attention! I shall begin my search for them, I was blessed with being able to find a rare book shoppe that had a collector's edition of the Knight of the Word trilogy in one beautifully bound hardback edition! I agree with you one should read all three together.

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Ruby wrote: "Im just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this book...weather its on the actual writing to the storyline im genuienly interested in what you think of this triliogy.

(also, i havent finished..."

Ruby, you should read all three and please see "Joe"s" note

Mekerei Admittedly this is not my favourite book in the series, but it helps to set the back story to the bearer of the black staff which I devoured. Lucky you I read Running with the Demon when it first came out (1999)and have to wait over the years for more stories. There are two series that this book crosses over into:

* Genesis of Shannara series which at present has three books
* Shannara series which has 33 books

Enjoy.