Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Hero of the Month 2010 > Hero of the Month--May

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
So...who was your hero of the month for May...and why???

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4144 comments Mod
Jack from Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas.

Why: He's attractive. He knows how to pulls a woman's/readers attention. He pulled my attention.

He's caring. Nice, helpful and bossy. He possesive of his heroine.

He's rich - a billionaire, but he's not the type that flashes his money around. He's laid back. That's how I believe all rich heroes should be.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Dang! I read so many good books last month. This is going to be tough... but my hero of the month for May is...

John Matthew from Lover Mine by JR Ward.

I've gotten to know JM so well over the books. He's had a hard journey, but he's come out of it stronger. He's loveable, and knows how to love a woman. I was so thrilled to finally read his book.

message 4: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 151 comments Mine would have to be Takashi O'Brien from the Ice series by Anne Stuart.

message 5: by Mollie *scoutrmom* (last edited Jun 08, 2010 01:29PM) (new)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments For me, as I'm just beginning to read the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, it has to be Wrath of J. R. Ward's Dark Lover. Yummmmmm.

I think we need to make a rule that Arch can only nominate Sam Starrett once. LOL

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

LOL! :)

message 7: by Arch (new)

Mollie wrote:"I think we need to make a rule that Arch can only nominate Sam Starrett once. LOL"

lol. I will not mention Sam, unless I do a reread. :)

message 8: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Psst Arch,
I`ll mention him for you when you aren`t doing a reread.I am about to start the books.Yeah !!!

message 9: by Arch (new)

Kathy Anne wrote: "Psst Arch,
I`ll mention him for you when you aren`t doing a reread.I am about to start the books.Yeah !!!"

Oh. Don't that Kathy Anne. :)

message 10: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz John Matthew and Blay from Lover Mine by JR Ward. JM because he's psychotically protective of Xhex and you never would've thought he had it in him. Blay because he's a beautiful soul and I just felt so freakin' sorry for him :(

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I'm going with Sebastian Grey from Julia Quinn's Ten Things I Love About You.

First of all it was the only book I gave 5 stars to during May and also because I found Sebastian to be drool worthy. He had it all - looks, humor, talent. I'd have taken him home in a heartbeat :)

message 12: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I'm going with Sebastian Grey from Julia Quinn's Ten Things I Love About You.

First of all it was the only book I gave 5 stars to during May and also because I found Sebastian to ..."

That sounds like a good one Pamela :) My copy's "in transit".

message 13: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Succubus Blues-
Roman is my choice because he is really an Alpha bad boy ,but he gets the job done and I am more than a little bored with Seth and Georgina`s forever more prediciment

message 14: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments William Chase from Lead Me On (Victoria Dahl).

He's big, looks bad, has a tattoo that's sure to drive tattoo-lovers insane, testosterone-full as he manipulates explosives in his line of work. But all of this hides a man who can love and protect and put everything to the side for the woman he loves. He even reconnected with his estranged alcoholic father just because Jane (the heroine) might benefit from his dad's help and expertise as a former cop.

message 15: by Ally (new)

Ally | 75 comments Adrik from Into The Shadow by Christina Dodd. I thought he was a great bad boy and the book was pretty good too!

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I loved Adrik. What a bad, bad man he was. :)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Eastofoz wrote: "...Julia Quinn's Ten Things I Love About You...That sounds like a good one Pamela :) My copy's "in transit"..."

What a coincidence, my copy is also "in transit", I won it at this site among the firstreads drawings I entered. I was thrilled to get the news.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I loved Adrik. What a bad, bad man he was. :)"

Me three

message 19: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Mollie wrote: "Eastofoz wrote: "...Julia Quinn's Ten Things I Love About You...That sounds like a good one Pamela :) My copy's "in transit"..."

What a coincidence, my copy is also "in transit", ..."

Lucky you to have won a copy :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I am going to nominate Curran "The Beast Lord" from Magic Bleeds, he is one beautiful pussy cat : ) And apart from being drop dead gorgeous, he is also dangerous, intelligent, loyal and funny.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I've only read Magic Bites. He was certainly interesting in that one, Suzanne.

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) He he, I'm having it easy this month; It's Zsadist. I just started on the BDB books and of course, he's the one who stands out:)

message 23: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Ah Z.... one of the best heroes out there :D Lover Awakened was a fabulous book with one of the best covers in the series I thought.

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Oh, he was pretty much amazing East! I have a weakness for tortured heroes and he fitted that to a 't'.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Z is an excellent tortured hero, but I have always had a thing for Wrath out of all the Brothers, I think it is the long hair : )

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Suzanne wrote: "Z is an excellent tortured hero, but I have always had a thing for Wrath out of all the Brothers, I think it is the long hair : )"

Amen, sistah. (See message 5)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Lol looks like I am not alone then :)

message 28: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments Rain from CL Wilson's Tairen Soul series! What's not to love about him? He's tall, dark, handsome, tortured, powerful, and so in love with Ellie that he'd destroy the world if anything happened to her! LOVE LOVE LOVE him!

message 29: by Othena (new)

Othena Zee wrote: "William Chase from Lead Me On (Victoria Dahl).

He's big, looks bad, has a tattoo that's sure to drive tattoo-lovers insane, testosterone-full as he manipulates explosives in his line of work. Bu..."

I've read good things about this author. I've got to find this book.

message 30: by Othena (new)

Othena Josh Rawlins from The Trouble with Josh

*spoiler*
Heroine is a breast cancer survivor,1 breast removed. Hero admits his fears of loving and possibly losing her but he tells her that he wants her in his life . Really touching scene.

message 31: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments That's unique, Othena! I'll have to check that out.

message 32: by Cindi (last edited Jun 13, 2010 08:14PM) (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments My hero for May is Devyn Wade Kell from Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , one of The League books. Devyn is the baddest of the bads, a runner and the son of the most feared man AND woman in the Federation. He is huge and wholly scary and also a guy who shuttles unauthorized &/or illegal items to planets being oppressed, for free. He quit the League to save a kid. He's gorgeous. He's my hero!

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Cindi wrote: "My hero for May is Devyn Wade Kell..."

I read that recently and liked the story a lot. I didn't like Kell as much as you seem to, but I did like him.

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Cindi, I'm glad to see that Devyn impressed you. Syn is going to be a very hard act to follow for me.

message 35: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 54 comments I assume this is for books you have read in the month of May?

For my May hero, it would be that stalking, protective Lykae, Gareth, from Cole's Pleasure of a Dark Prince.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Yes indeed, Yz. I'm so looking forward to reading Pleasure of a Dark Prince.

message 37: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 54 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yes indeed, Yz. I'm so looking forward to reading Pleasure of a Dark Prince."

It was a great read. Cole did not disappoint at all. Plus I now get, what everybody is talking about hunky, sweaty, mud-covered Lykaes playing rugby in the rain. :)

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

That sounds very intriguing, Yz. :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I now have a large urge to read Pleasures of a Dark Prince again : P

message 40: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Yz and Danielle is Cole`s Kresley Cole in your post above?--I missed hearing about this one if it is,it sounds good .
Cindi
I like your Born of Ice guy,he sounds like one scary Dude

message 41: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 54 comments Kathy Anne wrote: "Yz and Danielle is Cole`s Kresley Cole in your post above?--I missed hearing about this one if it is,it sounds good .
Cindi
I like your Born of Ice guy,he sounds like one scary Dude"

Yes, we were talking about Kresley Cole's book,
Pleasure of a Dark Prince, Book 9 in her Immortals After Dark series.

message 42: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) YZ
Oh no,I didn`t ever get the name down good and completly missed it coming out.It`s time to visit Amazon to spend a lot of money this month,I`ll have TBRs coming thru the roof with all the good recs I`ve gotten too...Thanks,Yz

message 43: by Othena (new)

Othena Cindi wrote: "That's unique, Othena! I'll have to check that out."

I hope you like it.