You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Today's Issues > Environmental Activists go too far?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess What do you think? This could get interesting.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Some of them do. Some of them don't. I think we should focus slightly less on the environment and more on ending poverty.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i totally agree.

message 4: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess Ooh yes.

But I believe lots of them do.
For example, there was that GREENPEACE member who was kidnapped by a Japaneese wailing ship.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2 comments You can't go 'too far' in helping the environment. If we let our environment die then we too will die. It is in our best interests to protect the world around us. We're a destructive species, however, and I'm sure we will ultimately be the cause of our own demise. As Walt Kelly famously wrote on a 1970 Earth day poster, "We have met the enemy and he is us"

message 6: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments yes but extremism is never good.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah extremism all too often seems to do more harm than good. though i agree that we are our own worst enemy in regards to the environment.

message 8: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments it has caused so many deaths in the world.........

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Think of helping the environment as a profession.
The doctors at the ER are completely devoted to saving lives.
The lawyers at the firms are completely devoted to serving justice.
The policemen and women do everything that they can to stop crime.
The firefighters put all their hearts and souls into saving people from flames.

These people do everything they can to save the world in their way. The people at GREENPEACE are exactly the same. They have devoted their lives to saving the environment, and thus, giving benifit to humanity as a whole.

message 10: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Sofia wrote: "Think of helping the environment as a profession.
The doctors at the ER are completely devoted to saving lives.
The lawyers at the firms are completely devoted to serving justice.
The policeme..."

but i have heard of them going to far......

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

The Casstastic Cassie wrote: "Some of them do. Some of them don't. I think we should focus slightly less on the environment and more on ending poverty."

The environment is just as important as ending poverty. Ending poverty is one thing, and ending the environment will end humanity.

message 12: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments but the question is have they gone to far??? Like using crazy techniques.

message 13: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 109 comments I think I'm not going far enough. I mostly voice my opinions on the internet.