twilight lovers! discussion

Members > Who speak other languages?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rizam (new)

Rizam Umer | 450 comments My first language is Urdu..as i'm from Pakistan ..
i also knw a couple of other Paki lanaguages...
and i know a bit of Arabic as i live in Kuwait..
n English ofcourse..=D

thats it .. =D

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 286 comments You are doing great Mercy!!

message 3: by Rizam (new)

Rizam Umer | 450 comments yeah.. u're great... ;) ;)
Just dont get embarassed for anything stupid ...=D
Its a part of life ... ;)

message 4: by Krystal (last edited Jun 07, 2010 05:30AM) (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments no cursing on our boards mercy.... edit that out or have the post deleted

message 5: by Rizam (new)

Rizam Umer | 450 comments Lool @ Smith ... =P

message 6: by Marcelle (new)

Marcelle (masso) | 471 comments my 1st language is arabic(as im frim lebanon)
i speak french and englsih too ...
and i try to learn alitlle bit of spanish . . and that s it.:)

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I don't speak any other real languages, but I'm very fluent in Na'vi

message 8: by Marcelle (new)

Marcelle (masso) | 471 comments what is it na'vi?

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla It's the sole language in Avatar

message 10: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments I speak Spanish and I took a couple of years in French.

message 11: by Manuel (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments Jesus.....! my spanish is not the best in the world but is my first language, and my english needs a lot of improvement, I know a few sentences in portuguese

message 12: by Manuel (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments in those discussions I've learned a lot ;)

message 13: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Nope, I only speak English but I have to learn French soon

message 14: by Manuel (last edited Jun 08, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments I think english is kind of easy especially because of the media that surround us

message 15: by Marcelle (new)

Marcelle (masso) | 471 comments songs and writing the lyrics of songs when i was a child..helped me a lot..stories help too

message 16: by Zojar (new)

Zojar | 259 comments Well, I learned German and French at school, but can't say much in either now. I learned a smattering of Spanish from watching 'Dora the Explorer' and 'Handy Manny' with the kids (you may laugh, it does help, LOL) and I know 'both sides of the Atlantic English'. I lived in America for 9.5 years, so had to get used to 'Americanised' English as well as knowing the 'not so Queens' English we speak here in England. I can do a pretty good posh English accent, LOL, and a few other dialects and accents from around the UK.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 737 comments Mod
Zojar wrote: "Well, I learned German and French at school, but can't say much in either now. I learned a smattering of Spanish from watching 'Dora the Explorer' and 'Handy Manny' with the kids (you may laugh, i..."

Zojar I didn't know you were English!
And had kids!!! :)

I know some words from Dora too lol

message 18: by Zojar (new)

Zojar | 259 comments Sharon wrote: "Zojar wrote: "Well, I learned German and French at school, but can't say much in either now. I learned a smattering of Spanish from watching 'Dora the Explorer' and 'Handy Manny' with the kids (yo..."

Yes, I guess I'm amongst the 'older' sector on the forum, LOL!! And English born and bred, never lost my accent while living in America either!!

message 19: by Sharon (new)

Zojar wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Zojar wrote: "Well, I learned German and French at school, but can't say much in either now. I learned a smattering of Spanish from watching 'Dora the Explorer' and 'Handy Manny' wi..."

Do you get to visit often?
I spent some time in London(Reading and Slough)

message 20: by Zojar (new)

Zojar | 259 comments I'm now living back in the UK, have only been back to the States a few times since moving back to Blighty. Do miss it, but know it's not the same now, since we left and the recession and stuff :(

message 21: by Zojar (new)

Zojar | 259 comments Mercy wrote: "Zojar wrote: "I'm now living back in the UK, have only been back to the States a few times since moving back to Blighty. Do miss it, but know it's not the same now, since we left and the recession..."

Difficult to say, they both have their place in my heart! England because its where I was born and raised, my friends and family are here. But American life was good and we made some friends over there that became like family too.

message 22: by Margarida (new)

Margarida (mar9292) I speak portuguese (my first language), english and a bit of german. I learned french in highschool , but I can't remember almost any of it. I really love the language, though.

message 23: by Sharon (new)

Zojar wrote: "I'm now living back in the UK, have only been back to the States a few times since moving back to Blighty. Do miss it, but know it's not the same now, since we left and the recession and stuff :("

ah ok
I am due a trip to England

message 24: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 65 comments I used to know Latin. Very stupid class if you ask me.

message 25: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments I had Latin for half a semester in 6th grade

message 26: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments i speak japenese,spanish,and a little russian

message 27: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments fluently?

message 28: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments yup

message 29: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments That's cool

message 30: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments Thanks

message 31: by Manuel (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments yo hablo un español no muy propio...lol and a little bit of english, enough to be able to express myself here :D

message 32: by Manuel (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments lol XD

message 33: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments Mercy wrote: "That's awesome Terry, I like bilingual guys"

thats kewl

message 34: by Chelly (new)

Chelly Wood (mfogelsong) | 2 comments I speak English (1st lang), French, and Spanish. More and more books are including snippets in different languages, and it's nice to know what they're saying. Like in Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging, Georgia uses French now and then (somewhat poorly, I might add), and it's hilarious. In Perfect Chemistry there's a lot of Spanish (and I learned a few cuss words in Spanish from that book!)

message 35: by Carlesme (new)

Carlesme | 21 comments I speak English my first language and German. I'm not quite fluent in German but know quite a bit.

message 36: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Benson (rosiebenson) Finnish is my first language but I now live in England, speak English fluently without an accent and I can speak very basic French.

message 37: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (tumblrgeek) | 5 comments i speak fluent english and filipino :) because i am filipino :)

message 38: by Chesney (last edited Apr 15, 2022 04:52PM) (new)

Chesney On Hiatus  | 13 comments I speak English, American Sign Language, Spanish and Fluent Sarcasm, and Southern lol