Especially For You discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I read my scriptures at night because that's when I remember. What do you do to remember?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Uhg, that's something I really need help with. I'm such a procrastinator that I hardly ever remember or I "intentionally forget" if you will. SOS.

message 3: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments I remember because that's just what I do when I get ready for bed: brush my teeth, wash my face, read my scriptures, etc. etc. It also helps to leave my scriptures out where I can see them.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I think I'm going to start sticking them in my covers so I'll have to get them out then Might as well read them ;)

message 5: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I keep mine on my nightstand and it seems to help to be able to see them. What about Prayers? I forget a lot in the morning, but I remember at night. It's strange.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Prayer. Now that's something I just do because I do. That's one that i got into the habit forever ago by sticking a big sign above my bed that read, "PRAY!" It's effective :)

message 7: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I think I'll try that! It's probably a very good reminder!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ha ha Do it then tell me the results.

message 9: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments I have the same problem, Hope. I remember at night but it's harder in the mornings.

message 10: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 20 comments I usually remeber I need to read my scriptures whether I actually do it or not. ) : I do it at night because I can't do it in the morning without falling asleep. Prayer is a little worse, but I'm working on it. ( :

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha ha good work

message 12: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Yes, good job, Lindsey.

message 13: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 14 comments I, just like you, Hope and Abbz, have trouble with the praying in the mornings....I've tried to make a habit of it but it gets tricky when every morning's schedule is different. I can always remember to read my scriptures because I just put it into my schedule a year and a half ago. I just can't seem to get into it when I am really tired though. It takes 3 weeks to make a habit! Just do it, and you won't regret it! :)

message 14: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I'm trying! I like Jess's idea, I think I might try that:)

message 15: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments I tried Jess's idea and it still didn't work. I'm so used to the atmosphere in my room that I never look at what's on the walls, so I can't remember that way.

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Oh! What will we do!? Actually, something that helped me was keeping my personal progress book out where I could see it. It reminds me of the value experiences I'm doing and sometimes they are about prayer habits.

message 17: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 20 comments I think a good way is to just make sure you pray before you read the scriptures, because we are supposed to do that anyway and if you already have a habbit of reading the scriptures then it shouldn't be too hard. Logically ( :. Though logic dosn't always work... xD

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Good idea, I'll try that.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

♥Abbz♥ wrote: "I tried Jess's idea and it still didn't work. I'm so used to the atmosphere in my room that I never look at what's on the walls, so I can't remember that way."

Maybe you need something more physical rather than visual. Try wearing only one sock to bed or a big tacky bracelet as a reminder to pray. That way when something is noticeably out of the ordinary you will remember why. :)

message 20: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments That's an interesting idea.

message 21: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
It is different, but I like it.

message 22: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments I tried it and it worked! I remembered!

message 23: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Awesome!! That's great, Abbz!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaw

message 25: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
hahahahahaha! You go, Jess!!

message 26: by Erin (new)

Erin Spencer | 1 comments I only remember my prayers at night because for some reason i can't go to sleep without them! i feel uncomfortable!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

me too!

message 28: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments It's true.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I REALLY WANT ICECREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 30: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments Okay . . . .

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

:) sorry, I felt the need to share it with the class.

message 32: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 20 comments :D

message 33: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments :) I understand.

message 34: by Alexa (last edited Jul 06, 2010 11:44AM) (new)

Alexa | 4 comments I need to work on saying my prayers in the morning. I did well for 3 weeks because I was working on Personal Progress. A good way I got into the habit of reading my scriptures was going to seminary where you had to say the next day if you read or not. You also had to read in order to get a good grade in the class.

P.S. I want ice cream too!

message 35: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
That is a good idea. You have a smart seminary teacher.

message 36: by Alexa (last edited Jul 06, 2010 04:58PM) (new)

Alexa | 4 comments Oh my. I loved my Seminary teacher. My brother had him when he was a senior then my sem. teacher switched schools and he was my teacher last year. If that makes sense, it was kinda confusing how I explained it.

message 37: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I understand:) My dad is a seminary teacher. It's happened to him a lot.

message 38: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 14 comments That seminary teacher sounds really cool. I definately want one that will motivate me to read my scripture more often!!! PP doesn't do enough sometimes, because i forget.

message 39: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 14 comments Hey, does anyone have any great ideas on reminder to help me remember to pray in the mornings? I have tried everything i can and i still forget!!! I don't really look at my wall when i get up so it is going to have to be something that will absolutely catch my eye!!! Like... "Caution! PRAY!" Tape across my door!!! LOL

message 40: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments Um, I'm not sure. I have sort of the same problem.

message 41: by Lindsey (last edited Jul 24, 2010 03:53PM) (new)

Lindsey | 20 comments Lots of people do ( : I know I do sometimes! One thing you could do is if you have a radio or alarm that plays music to wake you up, you could set it to church music so it's the first thing you hear in the morning, and it will remind you. That works for me sometimes...

message 42: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments Except that I don't have a radio that offers a choice on the music you can set it too.

message 43: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 14 comments I tried it this morning...but it was so calm I fell asleep again! :) I've been trying to just as soon as i make my bed, kneel. That has been working for the past 4 days now.

message 44: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments That's a problem because my family wakes me up right when it's time to go down for breakfast. Hardly time to pray while they're yelling for me to hurry.

message 45: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 20 comments Sierra wrote: "I tried it this morning...but it was so calm I fell asleep again! :) I've been trying to just as soon as i make my bed, kneel. That has been working for the past 4 days now."

haha sorry ;) That's good! Sometimes it really takes a while to get into a good routine.

message 46: by Ken (last edited Aug 23, 2010 04:34PM) (new)

Ken | 9 comments mackenzie
: "I read my scriptures at night because that's when I remember. What do you do to remember?"

i have this scripture rock, i keep it under my pillow so when i bump my head i remember to read my scripture.

message 47: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 35 comments That's so cool!!!

message 48: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
That is awesome!

message 49: by Callie (new)

Callie (allicay) | 1 comments i just naturally remember... which is kind of sad... but i have a chart that i got from my YW leaders at the beginning of the year that says "I read my scriptures every day in 2010" and it has boxes you fill in. So i look at it everyday and it reminds me
Sometimes I feel too tired to read, but i always try to just read a verse at least

message 50: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Well, now I read because it's part of our grade in Seminary, so I just sort of remember...

« previous 1