Movies We've Just Watched discussion

IMDB USERS

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (last edited Jun 11, 2008 10:37AM) (new)

Jim (jim_) Hey Group,

I have read a lot of posts that reference IMDB. I am curious how many people have imdb accounts and actually maintain there own categories, vote or comment on movies.

message 2: by Gail (new)

Gail D.C. | 228 comments I did not know you could have an account and do more stuff. I always just use it to look up stuff. I tend to be the go to person in my family for movies. They think I see a lot! (hahahahahhaha)

message 3: by Suz (new)

Suz | 5 comments Im with you Gail - I didnt know there was any other aspect to IMDB except looking up stuff!! Will go and look now!

message 4: by Jim (last edited Jun 14, 2008 06:29AM) (new)

Jim (jim_) It's easy to setup an imdb account. I feel that the database(category) navigation is easier than this site.

I keep a "must see" category, and when the TV or DVD -button is marked, I click on the tv listings or the DVD link to amazon for more information.

message 5: by Sherry (last edited Jun 11, 2008 04:25PM) (new)

Sherry What is IMDB?

And no smartass answers involving the words dumb blonde!!

message 6: by Jim (last edited Jun 11, 2008 05:10PM) (new)

Jim (jim_) Internet Movie Database
http://www.imdb.com

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel yeah, i look up stuff all the time (and i mean ALL the time) on imdb, but had no idea you could have an account. i'm not sure that i would set one up though, i already waste so much of my time on goodreads, facebook and etsy...

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie I do not have an account but I am always on there. I should probably get an account since I am on there so often.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Thanks for the info Jim.I marked as a fave.I had never heard of it until I had read your post.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry And Rachel,you're right,I spend so much time on Good Reads,there's no time or room for another PC related addiction.

message 11: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Tedesco (sylviatedesco) | 12 comments We look up IMDB after almost every movie we see that we really like. I like to check particular actors and what they've done before and are scheduled to do next. I do have a "sign in" and give particular movies ratings. We do also check to see when a movie is going to be released to DVD. As an aside, we ought to have a category of movies we saw years ago and decided to watch again and whether they held up. We love Marcello Mastroianni and just saw "Divorce Italian Style" -- it was just as wonderful as ever -- and in black and white! Another wonderful movie has NOT been released to DVD and we own a VHS copy we bought from Amazon -- "Dark Eyes", with Mastroianni -- a Russian/Italian epic beauty in gorgeous color -- also called "Oci Chornie" or whatever it is in Russian. This story is based on a Chekhov short story called "The Lady with a Dog". I have emailed Criterion begging them to release it to DVD so Netflixers can see it!

message 12: by David (new)

David (sfdavide) | 33 comments I use imdb all the time. It has more information about films and TV shows then anywhere else on the web

message 13: by Viviana (new)

Viviana | 105 comments i discovered it though you all, someweeks ago. Thanks.
I go through it when I need a title I don't remember or need it in other language, to follow up with your /our posts and topics. also when you mention actors I ignore.
Nomore than that, it's great -you get to know many things, but I am not addicted.

message 14: by Jim (last edited Jun 14, 2008 06:08AM) (new)

Jim (jim_) For the present or potential imbd addicts, remember to check out some features like "recommended films" below the credits. Sometimes you will come across a good movie recommendation.

message 15: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I have an account but rarely take part on the board. After watching a movie I do enjoy reading the boards and the discussions. If I have a question about a scene, actor, etc., someone usually asks the question and I've actually gotten a lot of insight into a movie this way.

message 16: by Novi Maizir (new)

Novi Maizir | 15 comments I have an account too but only use it twice a week... ;)