Gardener's Group discussion

OGSG Archives > Been Busy!!!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Well, since our heat wave "broke" last night and it's only getting into the high 80's today w/low humidity and I haven't been able to do much of anything w/the heat & being sick for nearly 2 wks (strep started going into the lining of my lungs) AND the squirrels ate my sunflower seeds Sunday morning (cause I forgot to sprinkle cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes ontop of the soil), I got outside this morning to sow some seeds!

My mom picked up a couple of arbors for $3ea at ac moore on clearance (BARGAIN!), so 1 is already out front and in 2 pots, 1 on each side at the bottom, I planted Morning GLory (Scarlett O'Hara) & Hollyhock (Nigra) on the right and Morning Glory (Clarke's Heavenly Blue) and Hollyhock (Nigra) on the left!

In the rest of the pots out front, I planted the rest of the Hollyhock seeds along with:
California Poppy (Orange)
Cosmos (Bright Lights)
African Daisy (Giant Mixed Colors)
Sunflower (Mammoth Russian, only 8-12")
Zinnia (Thumbelina)
Zinnia (Cactus Mixed Colors)

I spritzed them lightly w/a spary bottle & then sprinkled the dirt w/crushed red pepper flakes to hopefully keep the squirrels outta there! (I'm out of cayenne pepper!)

The green beans have sprouted!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I've got seedlings all over! Looks Like most have survived our nasty weather of late! We're supposed to have more today, tomorrow and this week, so we'll see!!!