Especially For You discussion

The Mind of the Youth

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
We are all very smart! I know we are, but sometimes it's hard sometimes because others don't realize that. It's usually harder with adults. They don't see the potential, there are some that do, but it really hurts the self-esteem when they don't believe in you. My question for you is this:
What is your motivation when that happens?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Show them. Prove to them what your abilities are. You don't have to snotty or immature about it, but just go the extra mile and finish what you start. :D

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I like it, Jess!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Hope. :P ha ha but that's just my solution because I'm competitive.

message 5: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Haha! I don't think you have to be competitive to try this. It is definitely true, we all should "prove" things to people. We are strong whether they think we are or not. Heavenly Father knows our hearts and what we can stand, that is what's important.

message 6: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 20 comments Good job Jess! Yeah just be that potential, be kind and strong in the faith. I have never had that happen to me before though, all the adults I am around strongly believe in me.( :

message 7: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
I don't have it a lot, but sometimes I think I misinterpret things they do or say. I take it as they don't believe in me when they really do.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I thrive off of criticism. ha ha that's just me. I feel inspired and energized when I have an instructor yelling at me.

message 9: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
That can be good. I'm glad you take it in a good way.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, but maybe it's only at ballet....I've never really had like a parent or friend yelling at me.....?

message 11: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Me either...

message 12: by Sierra (last edited Jun 11, 2010 02:17PM) (new)

Sierra | 14 comments My motivation is when I turn the other cheek, and remember who I am, a divine daughter of God sent to the Earth especially for this time. I know, personally, that when people have a low self-esteem, they have a tendency to become very emotional and sometimes rude to others. My advice to anyone who is stuggling with their own self-confidence in themselves is look at the people who critisize you, and without pointing any fingers or gossiping/being rude back, notice that they are just like you, hungry for attention and a better inner strength. Everyone is equal, striving on their own trials and conflicts. Remember this, thoughtfully, when you come upon your own affliction.

message 13: by Hope (new)

Hope | 58 comments Mod
Very thoughtful, Sierra. I like it.

message 14: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 14 comments :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Kudos to you.