The Infernal Devices discussion

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
This topic is about Clockwork Angel
Books > Clockwork Angel Quotes!

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daylighter, Mizpah (last edited Mar 06, 2012 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daylighter (pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
i found some quotes from Clockwork Angel on goodreads and thought to share them here:

"That was enterprising," Will sounded nearly impressed.

Nate smiled. Tess shot him a furious look. "Don't look pleased with yourself. When Will says 'enterprising' he means 'morally deficient.'"

"No, I mean enterprising," said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say, 'Now, that's something I would have done."

I like this one =)

message 2: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

"She looked up at him with a smile. The smile broke what was left of his resistance--shattered it. He had let the walls down when he'd thought she was gone, and there was no time to build them back up."

message 3: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

"Jem seemed to look through her then, as if he were seeing something beyond her, beyond the corridor, beyond the Institute itself. "Whatever you are physically," he said, "male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside." He smiled them, seeming to have come back to himself, slightly embarrassed. "That's what I believe."

message 4: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

"You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't."

message 5: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (last edited Jun 07, 2010 04:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 353 comments Mod
Daylighter wrote: ""You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know i..."

"That was enterprising," Will sounded nearly impressed.

Nate smiled. Tess shot him a furious look. "Don't look please..."

i love these they sound like something Jace would say
now we know where he gets it from :]

message 6: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

haha so trueeeeeeee, that's what i was thinking too! they have their own personality.

message 7: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

i love Will already

message 8: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

i really REALLY want this book, it's such a slap in the face when u see people's reviews on the book and we're literally counting down days till it comes out :( it's annoying

message 9: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yea i know i really can't wait

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen | 41 comments Daylighter wrote: "i really REALLY want this book, it's such a slap in the face when u see people's reviews on the book and we're literally counting down days till it comes out :( it's annoying"

Lol! So true. And they don't stop there. With interviews, excerpts, quotes, character descriptions, and the release date so far away the internet is one big TEASE.

message 11: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

yes thank u, u understand our pain!!

message 12: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

its like ahhhhhhhhhhhh

but its pretty exciting as well!

message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen | 41 comments The internet is a BOOK TEASE.

message 14: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

its kinda of a tease in every way not just books movies everything really

message 15: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen | 41 comments Evelyn wrote: "its kinda of a tease in every way not just books movies everything really"

so true. i remember waiting over a year, maybe even two years, for x-men origins. im an x-men geek to the extreme.

message 16: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

yeo like i said a tease for everything

message 17: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

"Will smiled the way Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from Heaven."

this is one line i liked after reading the first chapter of CA :)

message 18: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

its kinda creepy

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree.
loving Will already and can't wait for the 31st!! i actually already have a coupon ready for when i buy CA. i got the coupon when i bought mockingjay. 30% OFF!!!!!!! OH YEAH.

message 20: by Shel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments OK i have some, dunno were i got it though.
"oh dear massive blood loss." "you cut me, it could be fatal." "are you intoxicated at the moment?"

message 21: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

where is that from?

message 22: by Shel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments when will first meets tessa

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, in the room where Tessa was tied onto a bed by the Dark Sisters. I was so excited when I found out it was Will rescuing her!!

message 24: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

yea i had mentalblock for a moment there i reread that part i remember now thx

message 25: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

its is!!!!!!!!

Kiowe lee | 19 comments hey guys I intentionally sign up for this website just because of this book....really love Cassandra, anyway I cracked up when I've red this line

"Goodness." Tessa said to the back of his head."If you keep seeing Six-fingered Nigel like this, he'll expect you to declare your intentions"

message 27: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

hahahahaaahaah

yea i like d that part too!!!!!!

HAve you read MI cause i signed on to goodreads just cause of them and now this too i suposse

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

TMI is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's with me?????

Kiowe lee | 19 comments EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) wrote: "hahahahaaahaah

yea i like d that part too!!!!!!

HAve you read MI cause i signed on to goodreads just cause of them and now this too i suposse"

yes i wouldn't miss reading it,I got totally addicted with Cassandra's shadow hunters, cause their not the usual all too perfect characters...Jace and Will, way too witty for them. haha

Kiowe lee | 19 comments just wanna share this one, though it is more of a dialogue than a quote. but still if it's Will, surely my action can be excuse...hahahaha

“Nice place to live, isn’t it? Let’s hope they left something
behind other than filth. Forwarding addresses, a few severed limbs, a prostitute or two …”
“Indeed. Perhaps, if we’re fortunate, we can still catch syphilis.”
“Or demon pox,” Will suggested cheerfully, trying the door under the stairs. It swung open, unlocked as
the front door had been. “There’s always demon pox.”
“Demon pox does not exist.”
“Oh ye of little faith,” said Will, disappearing into the darkness under the stairs.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

lol. what's with Will and Demon Pox???? It's so funny how he keeps bringing it up no matter what people say. He has that i don't care attitude to him that makes him all the more sexy.

message 32: by Shel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments demon pox!! really! ya wats with him?!?!

message 33: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

yes thats why i have the addition to my NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

alright. *sigh* why not. i believe in demon pox as well!

Kiowe lee | 19 comments "Do you often sleep tied to the bed?" Will to Tessa
loved this one, when he first met Tessa in the Dark Sisters House

“I do not believe you can threaten people into goodness.” I personally like this line from Jem, cause its a whole lot of sense.

message 36: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

yea they are all so deep

message 37: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna This scene personally made me laugh the hardest.

"Nice work in there, Herondale, setting the place on fire," Gabriel observed. "Good thing we were there to clean up after you, or the whole plan would have gone down in the flames, along with the shreds of your reputation."

"Are you implying that shreds of my reputation still remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not doing something wrong, as the case may be."
He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel! I seek scandal and low companionship."

I love Will. Or at least the his humor.

I also agree with the quote from Jem, since I believed that years before even MI was published and it was refreshing to see the same philosophy written in one of my favorite books.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

HILARIOUS!!!!! Ahhh, Will. . .
And JEM!!!! So. . . I can't explain it!!!
Here's another Jem quote that I loved:
"If you have a soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. Whatever the color, the shape, the design of the shade that conceals it, the flame inside the lamp remains the same. You are that flame."
AND
"Must you go? I was rather hoping you'd stay and be a ministering angel, but if you must go, you must." (Jem)
"I'll stay," Will said a bit crossly, and threw himself down in the armchair Tessa had just vacated. "I can minister angelically."
"None too convincingly. And you're not as pretty to look at as Tessa is," Jem said, closing his eyes as he leaned back against the pillow.
"How rude. Many who have gazed upon me have compared the experience to gazing at the radiance of the sun."
Jem still had his eyes closed. "If they mean it gives you a headache, they aren't wrong."

message 39: by Anna (last edited Oct 24, 2010 08:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Another of my favorites, this is another scenario caused by Will, only a few paragraphs after the previous quote actually.

"I just wondered," Gabriel said, in a more subdued voice, "if perhaps you have ever had enough."
"Enough of what?"
"Enough of behaving as you do."
Will crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes glinted dangerously. "Oh, I can never get enough," he said. "Which, incidentally, is what your sister said to me when-"
The carriage door flew open, a hand shot out, grabbed Will by the back of the shirt, and hauled him inside.

I love this just because of the pure balls used in the statement. You don't mess with Will :'D

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL. I wonder what happened between them. . . .

message 41: by Shel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments ya i do to... on second thought no i don't.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

why?

OH! right. me neither. . .

message 43: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna wrote: "Another of my favorites, this is another scenario caused by Will, only a few paragraphs after the previous quote actually.

"I just wondered," Gabriel said, in a more subdued voice, "if perhaps you..."

Hahahahahahahah one of my faves

sounds like something Jace would say

Rachel (rach-x) | 2 comments Haha I love all these quotes! I'm still in the middle of reading Clockwork Angel =] I love Will already .

Rachel (rach-x) | 2 comments Haha I love all these quotes! I'm still in the middle of reading Clockwork Angel =] I love Will already .

message 46: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new) - rated it 5 stars

"Will moved to object, but it was too late; Henry had already pressed the button. There was a blinding flare of light and a whooshing sound, and the room was plunged into blackness. Tessa gave a yelp of surprise, and Jem laughed softly.
"Am I blind?" Will's voice floated out of the darkness, tinged with annoyance. "I'm not going to be at all pleased if you've blinded me, Henry."

i love this one =)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

me 2! :D

Keerthana Kesavan God i love every single one of these. They're so damn awesome! Just like Cassie!