The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Characters > Diana

Comments Showing 1-50 of 299 (299 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Has anyone ever noticed just how much goes back to Diana? Like, kid of everything bad that happens ties back to Diana in some weird, twisted way.

Examples:
1) She was the person who read Caine, told him about how powerful he was, and manipulated and encouraged him into expanding that power and, in a way, made him go all "I want everything" and now they're in the situation they're in.
2) She turned in all the freaks to Caine and he put their hands in cement blocks, and because of this they were later screwed over and have to watch out for Briana, Dekka, and Taylor because they may kill them.
3) She was actually the one who stepped up and sawed off Drake's arm, leading to his fabulous Whip Arm and now everyone has to watch out for him.

I just realized how many things go back to her and it kind of made me find a reason for why she wants good people to survive so much. She feels guilty and probably blames herself for a lot of what happened/ is happening. I also think she will have a huge role in a future book that will change everything. What are your opinions?

message 2: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments Woah. I have a lot say:
1) Caine showed Diana his power. I guess that with her boyfriend being superman, she wanted to take advantance of him.
2) Well, she didn't captured them, at least.
3) Somebody had to do it.

Well, I don't think that she has a consicence. Only in Lies did I think that she really had feelings and totally changed my opinion of her. But I definally think that she will play a huge role in a future book. Maybe convice Caine to do something

message 3: by Anika (new)

Anika | 623 comments Wow Nicole I never thought of it like that but I also agree with addicted2life and maybe Diana could convince Caine to do something maybe like make peace wiht Sam and the rest of the Perdido kids :)

message 4: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments I know! that's what I thinking. In Gone (or one of the books,I can't remember), she says I told you to make peace with them and get food, but you had to try to take over the town. But now I think that it's too late to make peace.

message 5: by Anika (new)

Anika | 623 comments Oh right! I didn't even notice that when I was typing lol :) I think Diana wants to make peace with them.

message 6: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Well, Diana just wants to survive. Making peace with Perdido would at least get her some food to help her survive, I don't think it's because she "likes" them or doesn't want to be enemies.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Oh, I'm totally not saying that Diana is guiilty of anything, she's my favorite character ever. But, it is kind of interesting how many things tie back to her. Mostly everything, really.

And, yeah, she'll definetly do something really big, I just hope it doesn't involve sacrificing herself, because GONE wouldn't be GONE without Diana Ladris ;)

Also, I really do hope Sam and Caine team up. That was HILARIOUS in HUNGER :D

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Oh, and btw addicted2life, I don't know if Caine showed Diana his powers first, did it say that? I thought maybe she read him and got him to tell her in her own manipulative ways or something?

And about Drake's arm- Yes, somebody had to, but I don't think anyone would have ;)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Heehee, Drake's picture on facebook is funny.

message 10: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I can't believe it says he's in a relationship. With who?! I don't remember this!!

message 11: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments @Nicole I think it says it somewhere in Gone ..... *sratches head*

@Lena Maybe his mom? LOLZ

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments LOL! Maybe I'm a failure at catching info. And, I know! I commented on that post. So did Rose :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

HAHAH!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments My friend and I came up with the most screwed up GONE scenarios today. She's only read GONE, so evey conflict and character is based off of just GONE. So, like, one was an awkward gay moment between Howard and Orc, and another, Sam and Caine forced to team up together to babysit and Caine threatens the baby and tells it he will turn it over to Drake. And then we got to one as weird as Drake and Caine denying their virginity. It was quite amusing...And a little bizzare, too...

message 15: by Anika (new)

Anika | 623 comments Lol I love the threatening the baby one! That's hilarious :)

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments It was hilarious because we were actually performing it infront of our Drama class and I was Caine and I had to get all angry. My friend Sarah was like "Chill out, Brah. It's just a baby. His purpose isn't to destroy you, it's to eat." And I was like "Don't. Call. Me. Brother." It was so funny. We want to tape one because we got so into character. Ahaha. We're crazy :)

message 17: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments hahahaha I would LOVE to see that!

message 18: by Anika (new)

Anika | 623 comments lol sounds fun :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice, hahah

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Diana! I think I might even love her more then Astrid... O.o Is that bad?

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments I think most people actually do...LOL!

message 22: by Rob (new)

Rob (goodreadscomchaoticcookie37) | 339 comments I use to be annoyed by her, but I still think I will like her more in Plague.

message 23: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments I always liked her more than Astrid. I mean Diana is just Diana, ya kno?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha, yeah.
I like Diana more than Astrid, def. Though, there is some qualities I like more or less in both of them. Soooooo

message 25: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments You make a valid point there. I'm also sure I'll like Astrid more in Plague too. So everything could totes change.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, with each book my mind changes lol

message 27: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Same. First I loved Astrid in Gone, then I hated her a little bit in Hunger, then I hated her a LOT in Lies. I hope I love her again.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, same here.
She was my favorite in Gone, I started to dislike her in Hunger, then in Lies it was on & off of me hating her the entire time, but I have a feeling I'll like her again in Plague.

message 29: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments @ both of you guys: Me too!!! Right now, it's sorta mixed feelings. PLAGUE! PLAGUE! PLAGUE!!

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments I've kind of always disliked Astrid. Towards the end of GONE I just didn't really care much for her. But, I've always loved Diana. She's a lot deeper and more interesting a character, in my opinion. And she can definitely fend for herself ;) But, I'm willing to give Astrid a second chance in PLAGUE, although I'm almost positive Diana will always be my favorite.

@A2L: I KNOW! IT NEEDS TO COME OUT NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!!!!!!!!!!

message 31: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments IRK?!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that all the characters grow through each book. That's why I'm letting almost all the characters have a chance in my heart of love. :P

message 33: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments awwwww! (& hate)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah:) that too

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Yeah, I keep giving Caine chances. I love him, but, sometimes I can't stand him, you know? I love him when he's sane. Hate him when he's not. Ehh.

message 36: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Same here. I want to think Caine has some good in him, but with him it's like "you disobey me? I THROW YOU THROUGH A WALL BITCH!" And I'm like dude, calm down.

message 37: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments Seriously, Caine needs to take a Chill pill most of the time

message 38: by Anika (new)

Anika | 623 comments Lol :)

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Yeah, I love him so much, but I'm currently pissed at him >.<

message 40: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments It's so annoying because he's like to Diana "if you love me, you love how I kill people and you need to except it." Or some stupid shit like that. It's like if this relationship is going to work, maybe YOU need to change Caine! Not Diana! Grrr...

message 41: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I think he needs to take some Ego Management classes.

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments I KNOWWWW!!! But hopefully he got the message when Diana JUMPED OFF THE FUCKING CLIFF! (Excuse my french) It's just like...How drastic does Diana need to be for you to get the message, Caine?!

message 43: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments She'd probably have to successfully kill herself for him to get the message... Then he'd be like "hmm, maybe I should have thought this through..."

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments HAHA! Yeah, he'd just be like "Perhaps if I had stoped going insane before Drake nearly whipped her to death..."

message 45: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Hahaha yeah really!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, exactly.

message 47: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments So we all agree >.<
Caine has issues = ]

message 48: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Caine has issues, but we still love him :D

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course, hahaha

message 50: by Yiling (last edited Jun 14, 2010 01:39PM) (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments We should make a shirt that says
I ♥ Caine
(even though he has issues)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6