What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ghosts
This topic is about The Ghosts
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young girl ghost (and possibly a brother ghost) [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rcck00 (new)

rcck00 | 3 comments I read this book when I was a kid (probably in the mid to late 70's). I remember it being a paperback with a lot of green on it. I thought the title was Ghosts, or something like that. It had a young girl and possibly a younger brother who were ghosts. I remember something about an old house or manor. One thing that I absolutely remember: there were Rhododendrons in the garden (a weird thing to remember!).
Ring any bells?
Thanks

message 2: by Bess (new)

Bess (Neli) | 22 comments I read a similar story by a NZ author named Margaret Mahey which had a similar storyline to 'The Others' about a brother and sister who didn't realise they were ghosts, is that a possibility?

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 72 comments Sounds like one of my favorites, The Ghosts by Antonia Barber.

Kiri | 52 comments Yeah.. I ducked into say the same thing as Heather.

message 5: by Dree (new) - added it

Dree I actually have the exact edition mentioned in #4 in my garage (somewhere). I loved it as a kid!

message 6: by rcck00 (new)

rcck00 | 3 comments OMG!! You guys are awesome! Yes! That's it with the green cover I remember!!! I have been thinking about that book for years, but could never find it. Thank you all soooo much! I need to find a copy now that I know the title and author.

Goodreads people ROCK!

Thanks,
Cathy

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 72 comments Cathy:Yay, glad we could help! I hope you are able to find a copy of the book. I actually have a much different cover than Kiri, a blue one GR doesn't have a picture of. And, believe it or not, I used this book in a college term paper on William Butler Yeats. He was the one who originally proposed the theory of time used in the book.

Kiri | 52 comments rcck00 wrote: "OMG!! You guys are awesome! Yes! That's it with the green cover I remember!!! I have been thinking about that book for years, but could never find it. Thank you all soooo much! I need to find a cop..."

I have a copy (same as I showed above) I'm thinking of parting with. If you might be interested send me a message. =)

message 9: by rcck00 (new)

rcck00 | 3 comments Kiri wrote: "I have a copy (same as I showed above) I'm thinking of parting with. If you might be interested send me a message. =)"

I am interested! I don't know how to send you a message, though. ?? Still trying to get the hang of this site. How much would you like for your copy?

Here's my addy: rcck00@msn.com

Thanks!
Cathy

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ghosts (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

W.B. Yeats (other topics)