Beyond Reality discussion

SERIES—List & Discussions > Miles Vorkosigan-THE ENTIRE SERIES: favorite characters *spoilers likely*

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Another topic for people who have read the whole series so far: what was your favorite character (aside from Miles, I guess)?

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Cordelia would top my list. Really wish there was more of her in the series.

message 3: by Phoenixfalls (new)

Phoenixfalls | 187 comments Definitely Cordelia, though I consider her a second lead protagonist since she got two books all to herself. (Which is why I always call it the Vorkosigan Saga instead of the Miles Vorkosigan Saga.)

If I'm exempting Cordelia, then maybe Taura. . . I love the way she takes Miles' advice to live life to its fullest and be herself utterly. . .

message 4: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2257 comments Mod
I'm a Cordelia fan, too! I always loved it when she made cameo appearances in the Miles books.

Bel Thorne is another favorite of mine.

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3233 comments Mod
I liked Gregor a lot--it was fun to watch him mature. He's very, very smart but his quiet exterior sometimes masks that.

message 6: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
I'm going to put a vote in for Aral here. I always thought he was a fascinating, complex character. A "prequel" focusing on his life before he met Cordelia would be fascinating.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments I also liked Aral a lot, Stefan. He and Cordelia are tied. It's a truly memorable series and there are several memorable characters. Personally I loved Sergeant Bothari ;( -- Illyan was also a favorite of mine. And Ivan, of course.

message 8: by Random (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 836 comments Bah, I'd swear I've posted this three times now. :)

There are so many good characters in this series that it is difficult to choose. If forced however, I would have to say Ivan. He's a lot more complex than he likes to be seen, and there's just something about him I adore. :)