Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series) discussion

Book 4 > Do you think Galby will die? How?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

i think Galby will die when Saphira uses magic against him. maybe he will get encrusted in rock. that would be nice.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I just hope Murtagh doesn't die...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ya, me too

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yeah.

Hey, my book's official Goodread's groups is up and running. I'll post an excerpt to it soon if anyone's interested...

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome!!!!!

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I know!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

So how do you think galby will die?

message 8: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 04, 2010 01:39PM) (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Eragon will kill him. Or Murtagh will betray and kill him.

message 9: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments either way will be fine...

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yeah

message 11: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments I really hope Shruikan kills Galby.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) That'd be cool...

message 13: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments it would be and interesting twist to the story.

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yeah, it would. Because that means they would both die...

message 15: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments that is true...

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) But he might do it because he doesn't like Galbatorix...

message 17: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments but the question is if he can?

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Hmmm, I think he can but that is a good question...

message 19: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments yeah I wonder that.....I mean if the rider dies...its only natural if the dragon dies too because he/she would go mad with greif then kill themselves right?

But i wonder what is the case if the dragon doesn't like its rider...hmmmm maybe shurikan wouldn't feel the void...UNLESS...he feels it for the rider in which galby killed then killed himself after galby died?

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I thought dragons just died when their riders died because they had to, not because of a void.

message 21: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments Stephanie wrote: "I thought dragons just died when their riders died because they had to, not because of a void."

According to the Eragon movie, yeah. *shudder*
But I think they usually commit suicide or die of madness or pain or whatev.

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I was thinking of the book, not the movie. It's been a while since I've read it though so I'm probably wrong...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie is not the same as the book. a dragon can survive without it's rider, but grief usually kills it. a rider can also survive without his dragon, think about brom. he survived.

message 24: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 07, 2010 08:54AM) (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I know the movie's different. They had Saphira grow up in the clouds- that was horrible. Okay, it's been a few years since I've read the books. I'll take your word for it.

message 25: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments yes... horrible, i still have nightmares about it.
it wasn't even a time lapse...

message 26: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments is that what they did? ....lol...I didn't really pay attention to that...

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) They had Saphira fly up in the sky. Some lightening and she flew back down. And BANG! She was big and huge. Yes- it was THAT horrible.

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yeah, although I thought it looked cool. I know they messed stuff up in the movie, but a lot of what people hated about it I didn't think was that bad, and I really liked it and I wish they would do Eldest.

I think Galbatorix will die by his own hand, sort-of-thing. He'll either kill himself (no idea how), his dragon will kill him, or Thorn or Murtagh will. It will be someone who is on his side at the current moment, not someone from the Varden or Eragon or Saphira.

message 29: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments I think they should really remake Eragon first. before even thinking to make eldest into a movie.

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) They did so horrible and messed everything up so bad in Eragon that they can't make an Eldest with out changing th storyline even more. They dropped too many characters. They'd have to do a reboot.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah.

message 32: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments Stephanie wrote: "They did so horrible and messed everything up so bad in Eragon that they can't make an Eldest with out changing th storyline even more. They dropped too many characters. They'd have to do a reboot."

They really can't work with anything from Eragon the movie...sad to say.

What kind of movie could they possibly make with half of the stuff messed up?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

that movie

message 34: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I don't know... I know they dropped a lot of characters and that messed things up, but I still loved it.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

*hesitate* It gave you a little look about the book. I think the movie itself was good, but it wasn't like the book.

message 36: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yeah, I agree with that. I still wish they'd make Eldest, though, I want to see Glaedr and Thorn on-screen!

message 37: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments Kayla (Nightwing, Garnet and Sindira, Henna) wrote: "Yeah, I agree with that. I still wish they'd make Eldest, though, I want to see Glaedr and Thorn on-screen!"

Yes it would cool to see them on screen too.

I heard that they are thinking about it but I don't know if that is hundered precent true.

The Movie was good if you didn't read the book .lol...that's how i got into Eragon. Saw the movie first then picked up the book.

message 38: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hehe... I read the book first, then watched the movie.

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Saviak wrote: "that movie"

ROFL exactly!

message 40: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments i want a reboot done by peter jackson

thing is... the memory is still there.
so we'd have to wait.

message 41: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Peter Jackson, sounds familiar. What movies did he do?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

if you haven't read the book the movie is good. If yo have then you know it was nothing like the book.

message 43: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Lol- there you go Saviak.

message 44: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments peter jackson did lord of the rings.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah.

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) All right- I knew his name sounded familiar. Okay. I don't know. If Peter Jackson reads the book I think he'll do fine but it better not be another King Kong. He did amazing with LOTR and if he did just as amazing with Eragon I would SO see that movie!

message 47: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments but i think eragon is more childish...so that if done well it might not be a great movie.

urgals are gree with horns.
and razzac have beaks...

message 48: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I'd take almost anything over what we have now.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

agreed.

message 50: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments True

« previous 1