Debate discussion

58 views
Goodreads Staff

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ;)AbiBerri! (last edited Jun 02, 2010 12:37PM) (new)

;)AbiBerri! | 37 comments Your Stupid. What kind of topic is this? No one wants to discuss your personal issues.


message 2: by Asia (new)

Asia Freedom of speech doesn't mean hurt people and your comments hurt people. Just because it's allowed doesn't mean you are obliged to do it.


message 3: by Asia (new)

Asia Nathan wrote: "Freedom of speech doesn't mean hurt people and your comments hurt people.

Actually, it does mean you are allowed to hurt people as long as it is with words and not fists.

Just because it's allowe..."


You don't have to argue about what I say. It's not like I'm the one who complained because I'm not a stitch but I don't blame the ones who did.


message 4: by Poindextεrr. (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 352 comments That was long overdue.

And you can't call someone a whiny baby just because they don't want to be cursed at. As a matter of fact, you, if anybody, would be the whiny baby. You're the one who made this topic complaining, after all.


message 5: by Asia (new)

Asia Nathan wrote: "You don't have to argue about what I say.

Of course I have to, when you are saying something that is wrong."


You said get your argument straight when I was stating an opinion. I didn't ask for you to argue.


message 6: by Asia (new)

Asia Nathan you are too old and too grown to be on some website whining about not being able to say all the hurtful things you want to say. Maybe some people don't want to get their feelings hurt.


message 7: by Poindextεrr. (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 352 comments Yes, yes...and all those who wish to stand up for freedom of speech must be whiny babies to you then

Nope. Just you. :)

Well, hey, it wasn't me who told. I may not like your swearing, but I've learned to tolerate it.

I assume you've learned your lesson?


message 8: by Asia (new)

Asia Nathan wrote: "Nathan you are too old and too grown to be on some website whining about not being able to say all the hurtful things you want to say

I wasn't aware there was a maximum age restriction for the int..."


I didn't say you was too old for the internet, I said you was too old to be whining which does has an age limit.


message 9: by Asia (new)

Asia Making a topic to complain about your rights to hurt people being restricted is whining.


message 10: by Poindextεrr. (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 352 comments Nathan wrote: "Nathan you are too old and too grown to be on some website whining about not being able to say all the hurtful things you want to say

I wasn't aware there was a maximum age restriction for the int..."


Nathan, jeez.

We all know that you have the right to curse out anybody if you feel like it. But, plain and simple, it just isn't respectful. And nobody wants to debate with someone disrespectful.

You have probably single handedly pushed away dozens of members of this group with your rudeness, which isn't really fair. Maybe that's why the GR Staff didn't approve. What you're doing isn't fair to the mod, or to the people (you have to take into consideration that there are really young people on GR, regardless of if they belong on a debate group or not.)


message 11: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 70 comments "You have probably single handedly pushed away dozens of members of this group with your..."
"And nobody wants to debate with someone disrespectful."

I'm one example. delete/block/walk


message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
Goodreads is just trying to keep peace. They aren't interested in the political struggles of one group, they just don't want to lose members, because then they lose their money.


message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
Probably because they don't want the parents of much younger children getting snippy. It's stupid/


message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
WHA which ones did the erase?


message 15: by Poindextεrr. (last edited Jun 03, 2010 04:21PM) (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 352 comments I haven't been swearing or been "nasty" to people in quite some time.

Trust me, I've noticed.

I just assumed you were sick or something.


message 16: by ;)AbiBerri! (new)

;)AbiBerri! | 37 comments And yet, here you are discussing them. Hypocrisy knows no bounds to the Christian."

I didn't even comment after I posted that and I never made a comment on the actual topic. I was not discussing them. Here we go again, people calling me out!

(Notice I still havn't discussed your personal issues. Just in case you needed clarification.)


message 17: by Sheeky (last edited Jun 11, 2010 02:39PM) (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Xox wrote: "Nathan wrote: "Apparently a few whiny babies in this group have been complaining about my use of vulgarity. Surprisingly, Goodreads has sided with them. They sent me two personal emails that said..."

Why you gotta blame the Christians Xox? :(


message 18: by Asia (new)

Asia That's all Xox do


message 19: by Asia (new)

Asia Xox all you say is opinions


message 20: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 70 comments @peaches 'opinion' singular, since she only has one opinion, over and over. In Chinlish, no less.

@xox You write the same way you talk. I realize you're an ESL'er, but please spend a little time to re-read your 'opinion'.


message 21: by Poindextεrr. (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 352 comments I realize you're an ESL'er, but please spend a little time to re-read your 'opinion'.


Even though I don't like Xox, that was mean.


message 22: by Asia (new)

Asia ok...


message 23: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) It's could have been someone else OTHER than Christians too Xox. Like maybe, really sensitive people that AREN'T Christian. I'm Christian and I haven't reported Nathan AT ALL. I'm rather tolerant of the way he gets points across with insults. However, it's true that he hasn't been insulting people for some time now, which I think is really.......surprising?


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 146 comments Yeah, Nathan hasn't insulted someone for ages.


back to top